Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what is Michu's best position ? 10:20 - Aug 30 with 4533 viewsborinifanclub

I will get slaughtered for this.....Is am Michu's best position? Since he has been in his favoured position our fluency up front has died. He is often out of position and under hits too many passes giving the ball away far too often. What do you think

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:38 - Aug 30 with 4485 viewsJokeren1943

I personal think he spent to much time recover the ball from the opposite side. Like when he is going for a counterattack.

He is no striker to me. His right position is right behind the striker.
what is Michu's best position ? on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 4475 viewsnickyfran75

We're basically a 1 man team as things stand.

Play him anywhere.
what is Michu's best position ? on 10:44 - Aug 30 with 4462 viewsjojaca

I got slaughted last week for similar comments. For me he seems to be all over the park (He is chasing back tackling too much , doing De Guzman's doggy work), so when we regain possession and go on the counter it is anyones guess where he will be. He needs to let the other players regain possession and keep his position more. When we play him as a lone striker, he comes back for too deep and not giving us targets when we get go forward ball.
Also at the moment we carrying De Guzman, not sure what he brings too team. He was anonymous last night. I would persue with Canas/Britton, Shelvey and Michu and i would prefer Ki and Pozuelo has replacements. I would just play De Guzman in european games. Also we better start playing our £12 million pound striker from the start of games, that alone might give players a nice physiological boost knowing he will always be target.

Even when you know, you never know?

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 4450 viewsyescomeon

I can't understand why we brought de Guzman in addition to signing Shelvey. I know it's a long season and we need a few players but so far it looks like a complete waste of everybodies time.

Upthecity!

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:51 - Aug 30 with 4441 viewsborinifanclub

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:44 - Aug 30 by jojaca

I got slaughted last week for similar comments. For me he seems to be all over the park (He is chasing back tackling too much , doing De Guzman's doggy work), so when we regain possession and go on the counter it is anyones guess where he will be. He needs to let the other players regain possession and keep his position more. When we play him as a lone striker, he comes back for too deep and not giving us targets when we get go forward ball.
Also at the moment we carrying De Guzman, not sure what he brings too team. He was anonymous last night. I would persue with Canas/Britton, Shelvey and Michu and i would prefer Ki and Pozuelo has replacements. I would just play De Guzman in european games. Also we better start playing our £12 million pound striker from the start of games, that alone might give players a nice physiological boost knowing he will always be target.

good post totally agree jdg is waste of space we were so much better when Ki replaced him last night

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 4432 viewssomersetsimon

I think he plays well as AM if we are playing with a main striker and actually playing balls into that striker. Last night we were playing on the break and Michu was playing some good balls through fir Donnelly to run on to. Either Donnelly isn't good enough or he isn't that sort of striker. I don't think Bony is either. I'm sure if Michu was furthest forward last night he would have scored a couple. I can see why Laudrup is after a smaller, quicker player as our alternative forward.
what is Michu's best position ? on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 4430 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Michu's best position so far has been just behind Danny Graham.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

what is Michu's best position ? on 11:19 - Aug 30 with 4376 viewsSpratty

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:44 - Aug 30 by jojaca

Agree he is dogged in midfield works really hard for the team. Can understand why he does it but cannot do everything. It must be really frustrating for him.
Login to get fewer ads

what is Michu's best position ? on 12:43 - Aug 30 with 4302 viewsPlasticman

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:55 - Aug 30 by somersetsimon

I think he plays well as AM if we are playing with a main striker and actually playing balls into that striker. Last night we were playing on the break and Michu was playing some good balls through fir Donnelly to run on to. Either Donnelly isn't good enough or he isn't that sort of striker. I don't think Bony is either. I'm sure if Michu was furthest forward last night he would have scored a couple. I can see why Laudrup is after a smaller, quicker player as our alternative forward.

The pacey striker Laudrup wants in addition to Bony would be perfect for the defensive setups like he did against petro away, where he wants to score on the break.

I'm hoping we will get better in that area when we get a player in for that position.

I felt Donnelly did ok in some parts and lacked composure in other parts during the game. Unfortunately, it seemed to be when he was through on goal that he lacked composure, which meant quite a few wasted good chances :-/

Giving him game time in less important matches (like last nights really was, for all intents) is good, so he can hopefully start building some of it, but I don't think he is ready for the important mathces yet, unfortunately.

Plastic since 2012

what is Michu's best position ? on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 4274 viewsShaky

>I will get slaughtered for this.....Is am Michu's best position? Since he has been in his favoured position our fluency up front has died.

I think there is some truth in this.

However, we didn't spend 12 million quid on Bony to have him sitting on the bench, and I have little doubt the current lack of fluency is due to Laudrup's tinkering with tactics and new personnel to make the most out of him.

Hope it's not going to take too long to click though.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

what is Michu's best position ? on 13:45 - Aug 30 with 4206 viewsJackSomething

Anyone who thinks Michu's best position is anywhere other than behind a striker wasn't watching the first half of last season.

He was the best player on the park last night despite having a raw debutant in front of him and a midfield surrounding him that were hardly firing on all cylinders.

If our midfield and wingers step it up and Bony starts regularly, we'll see the best of Michu.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

what is Michu's best position ? on 13:50 - Aug 30 with 4197 viewsLaudrup

Doggy style I heard.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 13:51]

I hate signatures

what is Michu's best position ? on 14:51 - Aug 30 with 4137 viewsNeiltheTaylor

what is Michu's best position ? on 13:50 - Aug 30 by Laudrup

Doggy style I heard.

Is the correct answer.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:14 - Aug 30 with 4053 viewsJack_Meoff

what is Michu's best position ? on 14:51 - Aug 30 by NeiltheTaylor

Is the correct answer.

I wonder does he do the hand/ear celebration during the vinegar strokes then hops off and kicks f*ck out of the skirting board

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 4035 viewsjacktar

Doggy style I heard.

Tried it once ........ hated the smell of the dog's breath.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 17:23]

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:27 - Aug 30 with 4024 viewsmonmouth

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:14 - Aug 30 by Jack_Meoff

I wonder does he do the hand/ear celebration during the vinegar strokes then hops off and kicks f*ck out of the skirting board

fair play the thought of him running over and booting the skirting after shooting his bolt made me laugh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:59 - Aug 30 with 3994 viewsSpratty

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:14 - Aug 30 by Jack_Meoff

what is Michu's best position ? on 18:03 - Aug 30 with 3986 viewsSpratty

Doggy style I heard.

DOGGED

: marked by stubborn determination

not doggy

Oops jojaca says
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 18:10]
what is Michu's best position ? on 18:46 - Aug 30 with 3939 viewsLaudrup

what is Michu's best position ? on 17:22 - Aug 30 by jacktar

Tried it once ........ hated the smell of the dog's breath.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2013 17:23]

So you're back to sheep then?

I hate signatures

what is Michu's best position ? on 18:55 - Aug 30 with 3929 viewsOldjack

he's wasted up front on his own attacking mid fielder of that i've no doubt whatsoever

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

what is Michu's best position ? on 18:56 - Aug 30 with 3926 viewsmawdlamjack

obviously behind the striker as AM. last night he just tried to hard with everything, if the rest of the midfield worked as hard we'd have walked it last night, jdg was totaly anonymous- first time you noticed him was when he was subbed off, pablo tried but was absolute gash not michus fault he had to do everyone elses job init mun wont slaughter you for your comment but open your eyes as to why he played like he did

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

what is Michu's best position ? on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 3834 viewsMolliemick

what is Michu's best position ? on 10:55 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Michu's best position so far has been just behind Danny Graham.

Agree!
what is Michu's best position ? on 21:45 - Aug 30 with 3832 viewsjacktar

what is Michu's best position ? on 18:46 - Aug 30 by Laudrup

So you're back to sheep then?

Only good looking sheep mind ewe.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

what is Michu's best position ? on 23:28 - Aug 30 with 3774 viewsDrizzy

Clearly needs to work on his passing in our build-up play. He was the focal point of our attacks whether as an attacking midfielder or a striker last season. He basically split time between being a striker and an attacking midfielder and there wasn't a lot of difference in how he played those roles to be honest. Now that's not the case with Bony. He's said he wants to be an attacking midfielder - and once Bony is fully fit - that's what he should be all the time. But for him to be effective he simply has to be more creative and be able to play in between the lines like a true number 10, receiving the ball and be able to turn and run at opponents while looking for an incisive pass. That's not his game but he needs to learn or else we're left a gaping chasm between midfield and attack.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024