Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? 20:57 - Sep 16 with 26346 viewsLord_Bony

Considering his young age needs a bit more experience to become a great asset for us.

Still some sloppy play that needs sorting out.

Got a habit of hoofing it blindly

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 3815 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 3814 viewsDarran

I couldn't call anyone a villain in a match where we get a point off Liverpool myself but that's me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 3811 viewsViking_Jack

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 03:48 - Sep 17 by Davillin

I admit to not having been an enthusiastic voice for Shelvey, but after his second half performance, I gained worlds of respect for him. Hemingway said that courage is grace under pressure. Shelvey showed that kind of courage - and character.

And Laudrup showed his great man-management wisdom by keeping him on the pitch for the full 90 - even when he had that yellow card as an excuse if he had wanted to use it.

That showed Laudrup's character, as well.

I would have preferred a win, but something very valuable came out of this, worth more than the point in the long run.

What a great post, Davillin

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:14 - Sep 17 with 3808 viewslovejuicejack

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 09:47 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Guy makes two mistakes -horrendous ones- and comes back to create the equaliser.
Didn't hide or beg to get subbed or get injured.
Yep, he ll do for me.
I prefer the type of player wh has reral heart and this lad has it.
Some of our squad are simply not possessing his desire.

Don't happen often but spot on there scouse
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:14 - Sep 17 with 3806 viewsfbreath

You could see how gutted he was in the interview after the game.

But what a man not hide in the dressing room but be prepared to face the media knowing what they were going to ask him and highlight.

I hope he has learnt big lessons from this

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:23 - Sep 17 with 3781 viewsDevz00

I think Jonjo is going to be a good player for us. He shows a lot of class and gives us something a a bit different. We don't really ping long range passes often but he seems to be able to pull them off with relatively good accuracy, Ash is the only other player that seems to do that quite regularly.

The one criticism I've had of him, in virtually every game so far this season, is that he has a 10 minute spell where he gives the ball away 2 or 3 times. Last night he did the same thing and it resulted in 2 goals.

As has been said already, the character and determination of the man is fantastic and he showed that in the second half.

On another note, i found the decision to put JDG on for Dyer an interesting one but it worked fantastically well. ML knew something needed changing at half time and did it. Fair play. Other managers would have waited until the 65-70th minute when it's too late. As we well know.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:40 - Sep 17 with 3748 viewsJonTheJack

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:23 - Sep 17 by Devz00

I think Jonjo is going to be a good player for us. He shows a lot of class and gives us something a a bit different. We don't really ping long range passes often but he seems to be able to pull them off with relatively good accuracy, Ash is the only other player that seems to do that quite regularly.

The one criticism I've had of him, in virtually every game so far this season, is that he has a 10 minute spell where he gives the ball away 2 or 3 times. Last night he did the same thing and it resulted in 2 goals.

As has been said already, the character and determination of the man is fantastic and he showed that in the second half.

On another note, i found the decision to put JDG on for Dyer an interesting one but it worked fantastically well. ML knew something needed changing at half time and did it. Fair play. Other managers would have waited until the 65-70th minute when it's too late. As we well know.

Yep, I'm normally quick to criticise JDG for having a really poor start to the season, but he was much improved last night.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:43 - Sep 17 with 3742 viewsLord_Bony

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:13 - Sep 17 by Oldjack

WTF.?

It s brilliant commentary!

What country is this from?arabic,Spanish,Italian....I ca n t tell but what passion.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:48 - Sep 17 with 3734 viewsnickyfran75

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 23:05 - Sep 16 by max936

He did orite, he's only 21 and he'll get better and better, I'd have put mney on him getting the winner after what had gone on previously in the game.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 23:09]

Good job you didn;t Maxie

JJS needs to play with his head up more and keep it short and simple on times.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:50 - Sep 17 with 3729 viewsDevz00

http://www.fanatix.com/news/twitter-hilariously-reacts-to-jonjo-shelveys-up-and-

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 3711 viewsSpratty

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:09 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

mentally challenged eh.
I can think of many of our former and a few of our currect crop that would have got themselves subbed or injured just to avoid having to go out and face the crowd.
I d rather have a player with real balls than one like PABLO who is si9mply too shitscared to get involved when it gets dirty

Why when a known troll makes a clearly ludicrous comment do we have to turn it into a feud between our own players.

We have brilliant players each with their own individual abilities which combine to make the strength of the team. A real and supportive team who give absolute commitment to the last second. I thought Michu was going to explode last night and how brilliant was he with JJS for his assist. Just exactly what was required a real team pulling together. We absolutely played Liverpool off the park in the second half.

Pablo is one of our most skilled and creative players who never stops trying to move forward. We need balls and stealth. When JJS scored Pablo nearly hit the roof of the box jumping with delight.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:04 - Sep 17 with 3697 viewsMattG

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:09 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

mentally challenged eh.
I can think of many of our former and a few of our currect crop that would have got themselves subbed or injured just to avoid having to go out and face the crowd.
I d rather have a player with real balls than one like PABLO who is si9mply too shitscared to get involved when it gets dirty

Got to say, I think you're being harsh on Pablo there, Perch - admittedly, he's not one to stick his foot in very often but, considering the way he plays and how much he gets fouled, it takes a certain amount of balls to keep running at defenders knowing that, in all likelihood, sooner or later you're going to get hoofed up in the air.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:11 - Sep 17 with 3680 viewsperchrockjack

True,Im a harsh fecker but PABLO really frustrates me not least the fact he s prone to injuries.
I want players who ll "die for the cause". Michu is simply epic and to me he must be truly frightening to play against .
Ki was flaky too and was nobbed off making his purchase seemingly not a good one.
All about opinions innit.

It s about the team and club and frankly Im not arsed about any players personal career as its my/our club and I want them to bleed for us. Shelvey btw is that sort of guy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 3663 viewsJackSomething

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 10:57 - Sep 17 by Spratty

Why when a known troll makes a clearly ludicrous comment do we have to turn it into a feud between our own players.

We have brilliant players each with their own individual abilities which combine to make the strength of the team. A real and supportive team who give absolute commitment to the last second. I thought Michu was going to explode last night and how brilliant was he with JJS for his assist. Just exactly what was required a real team pulling together. We absolutely played Liverpool off the park in the second half.

Pablo is one of our most skilled and creative players who never stops trying to move forward. We need balls and stealth. When JJS scored Pablo nearly hit the roof of the box jumping with delight.

Well said.

Pablo can be filed alongside Shelvey. Both players are capable of brilliance and farce in equal measure. It takes a mentally strong manager to put faith in that type of player. Most would prefer to pick solid players who don't do anything spectacular but rarely make mistakes (Allen?). This is how we end up with teams like Stoke, Reading and WBA.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 3640 viewsperchrockjack

Yes its well said but I don't agree if that s ok.
He is physically weak and often gives the ball away to opponents. He doesn't have a particularly powerful shot and hasn't scored a shedful of goals for us.

The fact he s not a nailed on starter says much.

He aint bad but nowhere near as great as some think.

We ve been down this road before so for that reason - I m out.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:45 - Sep 17 with 3616 viewslifelong

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:26 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

He is physically weak and often gives the ball away to opponents. He doesn't have a particularly powerful shot and hasn't scored a shedful of goals for us.

Hernandez is a quality player.

Is he going to be your new scapegoat?

There are only 4 or 5 nailed on starters in our squad these days, brilliant don't you think?
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:51 - Sep 17 with 3608 viewsUxbridge

Anyone who can't see Pablo is epic doesn't understand football.

As for Jonjo, he's got a lot to learn to fit into our style, however he scored one and set up the other. Loads of positives and loads of negatives. Given that we lacked options last year then there's a certain logic to having a difference maker in the squad. There are going to be times when that's completely inappropriate though, and I'm thinking Thursday is one of those times.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:55 - Sep 17 with 3593 viewsJackSomething

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:26 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

He's not great, but he's nowhere near as bad as you seem to think he is.

When he's fit, he pretty much has been a nailed on starter. None of our wingers have scored a 'shedful' of goals for us.

One criticism of our wingers is their crossing. Best cross I've seen this season? Pablo picking out Davies at West Brom.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 12:08 - Sep 17 with 3572 viewsStanners

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:04 - Sep 17 by MattG

Got to say, I think you're being harsh on Pablo there, Perch - admittedly, he's not one to stick his foot in very often but, considering the way he plays and how much he gets fouled, it takes a certain amount of balls to keep running at defenders knowing that, in all likelihood, sooner or later you're going to get hoofed up in the air.

I'd dread to think what the reaction would have been had Pablo given the ball away for Liverpool's goals
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 3498 views2face

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 11:51 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Anyone who can't see Pablo is epic doesn't understand football.

As for Jonjo, he's got a lot to learn to fit into our style, however he scored one and set up the other. Loads of positives and loads of negatives. Given that we lacked options last year then there's a certain logic to having a difference maker in the squad. There are going to be times when that's completely inappropriate though, and I'm thinking Thursday is one of those times.

No doubt JDG will play CM thursday given his experience with La Liga.
Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:31 - Sep 17 with 3404 viewsperchrockjack

Lifey.
You re back to that scapegoat again.
Its been sacrificed more than in the book of Genesis.

Andrew..epic? I know you re a pisstaker but in all honestly I truly hope you don't believe that.

He s ,as I said, not a bad player but one whose faults are ignored by those who just love him.

JDG has been gash so far and a scapegoat but was resurrected to play a very good game.

Players are there to do their very best for us.If they don't, if "WE" don't think its the best then as fans we profer our opinion.
Is that so feckbad .

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 3377 viewsVetchitBack

This is a real "heart versus head" one. I like Jonjo Shelvey as a person. I don't particularly like Pablo or more poignantly De Guzman but I recognise that the latter two (particularly De Guzman) fit seamlessly into our style of play. I don't think Shelvey does currently but hope dearly that he does in time.

On the other hand we have been crying out for a never-say-die, hardman and I believe his signing was in recognition of this.

I see two options. Either he becomes more Swansea City or Laudrup could give instruction along the lines of; "Leon is our holding midfielder responsible for ball retention whilst Jonjo as our attacking midfielder has no such obligation."

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:57 - Sep 17 with 3365 viewsperchrockjack

Shelvey is very young. He has talent and already in international squad under 21.
He feked up but then worked his cockoff to put it right.

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:58 - Sep 17 with 3364 viewsUxbridge

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 15:31 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Lifey.
You re back to that scapegoat again.
Its been sacrificed more than in the book of Genesis.

Andrew..epic? I know you re a pisstaker but in all honestly I truly hope you don't believe that.

He s ,as I said, not a bad player but one whose faults are ignored by those who just love him.

JDG has been gash so far and a scapegoat but was resurrected to play a very good game.

Players are there to do their very best for us.If they don't, if "WE" don't think its the best then as fans we profer our opinion.
Is that so feckbad .

Well I certainly don't ignore his flaws ... his inability to tackle, reluctance to track back at times and a penchant for a suicidal pass .... however he is in my opinion far and away our most creative midfielder. It's a shame a balanced argument isn't put together by the naysayers.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and should shout it from the rooftops. It helps me to know quickly who I should listen to and who I should avoid

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jonjo Shelvey hero or villain? on 16:00 - Sep 17 with 3361 viewsperchrockjack

Shelvey is very young. He has talent and already in international squad under 21.
He feked up but then worked his cockoff to put it right.
He then makes amends and creates a deserved equaliser .
His face post match showed me a raw young man who wants to play football and for us.
And this apparently isn't enough for those self appointed experts on here.

Not surprising though to see epic and Pablo juxtaposed.

Relax, Shelvey will mature and become epic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024