Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sub 20:06 - Sep 28 with 4007 viewsGeoffThom

Why on earth did he take shelvey off when jdg was not at the races and partly at fault for their second by being way to slow to get to the ball
Sub on 21:08 - Sep 28 with 3888 viewstomdickharry

JDG was shocking typified by the eggers like free kick,unfortunately in the PL showboating is not allowed.
Sub on 21:54 - Sep 28 with 3781 viewsUplandsJack

JDG is SHIT... Plain and simple...
He plays at half speed, he's so easily relieved of the ball by the opposition.
His set pieces are a lot more Miss than hit...
How ML saw fit to leave him on the park and replace Shelvey is beyond me!?!?
£20 million or so spent on players and yet we still are in the same place as last year...
Plenty of possession upto final third then simply no f@#ing idea?!!!
It was the same on Wednesday night... We should have been 4 up at half time at Brum but then just lost the will or simply ran out of ideas of how to break a team down....
I know it's early days but thank f#@k there are 4 or 5 teams worse than us!!?,
Sub on 21:58 - Sep 28 with 3756 viewswr72

I thought JDG played alright, especially first half.Shows how much i know
Sub on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 3750 viewsJackfath

I really don't think JDG is "shit".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sub on 06:32 - Sep 29 with 3634 viewsgiantstoneater

JDG is not a bad player but a ball winning midfielder he is not and he knew he bottled the challenge that led to their second goal and his passing suffered after that as for Shelvey he looked tired to me. Possibly we missed Rangel more than Ash today i believe we always look better and more fluid going forward with him in the side, Dwight looked sluggish today I don`t know how good his pre-season preparation was and his crossing was awful Dyer was busy but how come it came down to Ben showing our wide men how to beat a man. Routledge hasn`t had the start to this season as he had last season - this is an area we really need to improve we had plenty of good opportunities to put good balls into the box but I can`t remember one decent ball into the box. Arsenal started the second half really well there seemed to be more space for them as we backed off for me this is were Leon is at his best filling those holes and I would have had money on him beating Wilshire to the ball in that challenge. Bony is turning out to be an enigma 13 million for a player that started a big match on the bench - tactical as someone has already pointed out but when he came on he showed why he is an enigma (to me at any rate) his first touch is awful and he looks slow but then brilliantly set up Ben with a superb return ball. Our long range shooting is poor Flores and Canas imho just gave the ball back to Arsenal with poor efforts. How the hell did Wilshire not get a yellow card for the challenge on Dwight early in the first half he then went on to concede a number of niggly fouls? A question for debate are we too narrow when we play the big guns?
Sub on 10:56 - Sep 29 with 3510 viewsChief

hes not a good tackler that much is certain. for that reason hes a bit of a luxury and against teams like arse, the defensive mid player has to be bang on their game, canas didn't have his best game, neither did JDG

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sub on 17:40 - Sep 29 with 3376 viewscaerleon_jack

Sub on 06:32 - Sep 29 by giantstoneater

JDG is not a bad player but a ball winning midfielder he is not and he knew he bottled the challenge that led to their second goal and his passing suffered after that as for Shelvey he looked tired to me. Possibly we missed Rangel more than Ash today i believe we always look better and more fluid going forward with him in the side, Dwight looked sluggish today I don`t know how good his pre-season preparation was and his crossing was awful Dyer was busy but how come it came down to Ben showing our wide men how to beat a man. Routledge hasn`t had the start to this season as he had last season - this is an area we really need to improve we had plenty of good opportunities to put good balls into the box but I can`t remember one decent ball into the box. Arsenal started the second half really well there seemed to be more space for them as we backed off for me this is were Leon is at his best filling those holes and I would have had money on him beating Wilshire to the ball in that challenge. Bony is turning out to be an enigma 13 million for a player that started a big match on the bench - tactical as someone has already pointed out but when he came on he showed why he is an enigma (to me at any rate) his first touch is awful and he looks slow but then brilliantly set up Ben with a superb return ball. Our long range shooting is poor Flores and Canas imho just gave the ball back to Arsenal with poor efforts. How the hell did Wilshire not get a yellow card for the challenge on Dwight early in the first half he then went on to concede a number of niggly fouls? A question for debate are we too narrow when we play the big guns?

Agree with all the comments about how slow JdG was yesterday. He's certainly got the quality, but in certain situations he slows the play down too much. I will disagree (slightly) on his challenge for the second goal though. He did pull out and watching it yesterday I thought it summed up how frustrating he'd been. However, watching it back on MOTD, you can see that he pulls out because he can see that Wilshire jumps in studs first, possibly two footed. There'll be people on here that will say that he should have taken the contact but it was the sort of challenge that could have broken his leg if he had not stopped himself.

Insert something witty here

Sub on 19:57 - Sep 29 with 3310 viewsItchySphincter

Ha! I thought JDG was excellent at times. Strong in the tackle which was a surprise. Shame most of our wide play went through Tiendalli - not up to speed and far from his best game.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Sub on 20:24 - Sep 29 with 3250 viewsWinchWenJack

People are forgetting who we were playing!

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Sub on 20:49 - Sep 29 with 3199 viewsmax936

Sub on 06:32 - Sep 29 by giantstoneater

Yes we are sometimes far to narrow, how many times did we come down the middle channel trying to pass short balls to each other, only for them to be easily snuffed out by Arsenal everytime, we tried and tried it time and time again in the middle of the final third, when it was crying out for the ball to go wide.

Very good side Arsenal though, and they did the same to us last season down here when they were again far better in the 2nd half, when they push forward they do it at pace, whereas we do it, only for it to be slowed down by certain players, allowing the opposition to regather and get organised.

Im sure ML can see it, so I expect an improvement there.

Our game was crying out for Britton in that 2nd half to break up Arsenals midfield when the started to overun us, Canas just doesn't do it, imo.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 20:53]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sub on 21:37 - Sep 29 with 3160 viewsgiantstoneater

Sub on 20:49 - Sep 29 by max936

Yes we are sometimes far to narrow, how many times did we come down the middle channel trying to pass short balls to each other, only for them to be easily snuffed out by Arsenal everytime, we tried and tried it time and time again in the middle of the final third, when it was crying out for the ball to go wide.

Very good side Arsenal though, and they did the same to us last season down here when they were again far better in the 2nd half, when they push forward they do it at pace, whereas we do it, only for it to be slowed down by certain players, allowing the opposition to regather and get organised.

Im sure ML can see it, so I expect an improvement there.

Our game was crying out for Britton in that 2nd half to break up Arsenals midfield when the started to overun us, Canas just doesn't do it, imo.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 20:53]

I agree Max think that we should have used our pace out wide try and get to the line and pull the ball back this would make their defence turn which is something Bony and Michu could exploit. I know a lot of lads are saying on here that we are forgetting who we are playing but to say it on a day when Man Utd got beat by WBA and Man C lost to Villa also not forgetting that we have beaten Arsenal cuts no ice!. Its not that we are playing badly we just seem to be switching of for ten minutes or so and it`s costing us. A mixed bag from Canas but Leon would have given us more energy. I think that the problem with bringing on Pozeulo is that we lose even more width on the other hand I would like to see him play behind Michu or Bony perhaps a tweaking of the system may be in order to incorporate Pozuelo into the side from the start. Herandez frustrating as he can be at times also has the quality to unlock defences and puts quality balls into the box.
Sub on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 3039 viewsperchrockjack

good and brave but sadly his brilliant free kick has upped his gravitas.
He is to me a meaningless,journeyman of a player who really is a smaller version of Ki.
Yep,we got us some dead wood

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sub on 10:56 - Sep 30 with 3033 viewsperchrockjack

So we should be in awe of the great Arse.
No sir.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sub on 11:21 - Sep 30 with 3003 viewswaynekerr55

Sub on 10:56 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

So we should be in awe of the great Arse.
No sir.

Cue the RANCOUR to come your way.

The problem was shoe horning Michu up front (again).

I'm going to duck for cover and ask why we don't have a striker who can start every now and then and come off the bench and do a job...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sub on 11:43 - Sep 30 with 2993 viewsDewi1jack

Sub on 11:21 - Sep 30 by waynekerr55

Cue the RANCOUR to come your way.

The problem was shoe horning Michu up front (again).

I'm going to duck for cover and ask why we don't have a striker who can start every now and then and come off the bench and do a job...

This.
We can take it as read that Arsenal are going to take many more points and beat many more teams this season.
But, we could have given it a better go, even with the injury list IMHO.
We all know Michu is far more dangerous behind a striker or with plenty of support around him and the team set up against the Arse, really didn't help him.
Just a thought.
Is ML more interested in the EL? Hoping to get through the group stage and worry about the PL against "weaker" teams or even after December.
Trouble is, the "reject" teams, who can't get through the CL group stages such as AC Milan/ Inter/ Chelsea/ Man C etc etc join in the K.O stages.
If ML is more interested in the EL, is he always going to save players (Bony?) for the Thursday night?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sub on 12:07 - Sep 30 with 2981 viewsnickyfran75

JDG plays the short game better than JJS. Surely the idea was to retain the ball and play short neat stuff into Bony and Poz.
Sub on 17:53 - Sep 30 with 2881 viewsFergal

Shelvey had tired (as he always does) and was getting frustrated.
Sub on 18:15 - Sep 30 with 2862 viewsmax936

Sub on 12:07 - Sep 30 by nickyfran75

JDG plays the short game better than JJS. Surely the idea was to retain the ball and play short neat stuff into Bony and Poz.

The short little dinky passes weren't working Nic, everytime we tried it Arsenal were snapping at our heels which ended up with us losing the ball.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024