Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee tonight 22:28 - Oct 3 with 13043 viewsWarwickHunt

Deserves its own thread.

I've seen some shockers over the years (Foy at Blackburn springs to mind...) but this tw@t is in a league of his own.

Shocking. Just f*cking shocking.
Referee tonight on 23:27 - Oct 3 with 3333 viewsmatt_the_jack

You all seem surprised. I've alway said that European referees are generally worse than the ones over here

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Referee tonight on 23:37 - Oct 3 with 3287 viewsjelly

Referee tonight on 22:53 - Oct 3 by duckling

Personally I don't think it was as bad as some consider it.
The issue was just that in several situations where he could have blown for or against he favored the guests the majority of the times.(which was unforunate)

Point being, not a great performance tonight, yet not considering him to be a bad ref based on this game.

I'm wondering if we'll hear anything from ML about the ref not stopping the game while Michu was down with a head Injury... That is probably the one we'll hear about
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 22:55]

Opinions can't be wrong.

But yours are truly fugging wrong. Congratulations.
Referee tonight on 23:37 - Oct 3 with 3277 viewsYantoFullPelt

I hope he was bought because if he wasn't that was some of the worst refereeing I have ever seen!!!

Here's his Facebook, do your worst Planet Swans: https://www.facebook.com/duarte.gomes.12
Referee tonight on 23:40 - Oct 3 with 3259 viewshydraulicjack

ANTHONY TAYLOR I TRULEY FORGIVE YOU

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Referee tonight on 23:52 - Oct 3 with 3212 viewsAndy1300

Referee tonight on 22:53 - Oct 3 by duckling

Personally I don't think it was as bad as some consider it.
The issue was just that in several situations where he could have blown for or against he favored the guests the majority of the times.(which was unforunate)

Point being, not a great performance tonight, yet not considering him to be a bad ref based on this game.

I'm wondering if we'll hear anything from ML about the ref not stopping the game while Michu was down with a head Injury... That is probably the one we'll hear about
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 22:55]

He was a w anker

Number 1 team in Wales

Referee tonight on 23:54 - Oct 3 with 3207 viewsAndy1300

Referee tonight on 23:01 - Oct 3 by lifelong

It wasn't only the referee, what about that incident when he gave a free kick to them for that blatant dive by one of their players. One of those officials on the goal line was about 2 yards from the incident and must have seen that it was a dive.
Just what is their function? They don't seem to get involved in any decision making!!!

Was asking that myself tonight, feckin useless tw ats

Number 1 team in Wales

Referee tonight on 23:57 - Oct 3 with 3191 viewsjackforever

Calling for a stretcher for cramp was genius fair play. Really helped to get the game flowing. One of the most inept perfomances I have ever see, totally out of his depth.
Referee tonight on 00:03 - Oct 4 with 3160 viewsFuggie

I thought the ref was brilliant.

The first 10 minutes flew by with no fouls and I thought "great a ref who lets the game flow".

F**k me was I wrong.

The best comedy moment was in the 3 minute of stoppage time at the end of the game.

Their winger/left back falls over on the touchline and the ball goes out of play before he kicks it back in. The players stop, swans fans relax as everyone has seen it go out of play except for the officials. Chico (thankfully) realises that the ball is still in play (well to the officials anyway) and charges after the ball with their No 9 in pursuit, everyone else has stopped.

The No 9 picks the ball up and throws it towards touch. The referee blows, for a free kick to the Swans for handball.

Can you imagine if they had scored from that!! It would have been carnaged
Login to get fewer ads

Referee tonight on 00:14 - Oct 4 with 3113 viewsLaudrup

Duarte Gomes was also the referee for "Serbia - Wales 6 - 1" a year ago in the WC 2014 qualifiers: http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?linkID=691&linkType=referee&contextType=st
Anyone remember how he did in that game?

I hate signatures

Referee tonight on 00:20 - Oct 4 with 3090 viewsItchySphincter

Referee tonight on 23:01 - Oct 3 by lifelong

It wasn't only the referee, what about that incident when he gave a free kick to them for that blatant dive by one of their players. One of those officials on the goal line was about 2 yards from the incident and must have seen that it was a dive.
Just what is their function? They don't seem to get involved in any decision making!!!

That one got me. About 15 mins from the end one of their defenders got done in the box, ball went loose so the defender took a couple of paces and dived. The assistant was inches away and let it play out as a foul. One of the most ridiculous decisions in years. I know a ref is bad when my old man criticises. Then another foul against led to them playing through and Dwight giving away the pen. It was a pen but play shouldn't have got that far.

Cr@p performance by us but we beat 12 men so we should be happy I suppose.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 0:23]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Referee tonight on 00:20 - Oct 4 with 3090 viewsSwansNZ

Referee tonight on 00:14 - Oct 4 by Laudrup

Duarte Gomes was also the referee for "Serbia - Wales 6 - 1" a year ago in the WC 2014 qualifiers: http://worldreferee.com/site/copy.php?linkID=691&linkType=referee&contextType=st
Anyone remember how he did in that game?

yeah, cost Wales the game

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Referee tonight on 00:25 - Oct 4 with 3059 viewsItchySphincter

Forgot about the rugby tackle on Michu about 10 mins in too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Referee tonight on 00:31 - Oct 4 with 3050 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Overtakes Stuart Atwell, Gillingham 1-1 as the worst ref of a Swans game ever.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Referee tonight on 00:38 - Oct 4 with 3037 viewsDyfnant

I thought the clown we had at Spurs this year was worse

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Referee tonight on 01:30 - Oct 4 with 2980 viewsC_jack

Referee tonight on 00:31 - Oct 4 by Generation_Terrorist

Overtakes Stuart Atwell, Gillingham 1-1 as the worst ref of a Swans game ever.

A legendary game, you simply had to be there!

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Referee tonight on 03:28 - Oct 4 with 2911 viewsLord_Bony

Referee tonight on 23:03 - Oct 3 by Daithejack

Dude he was phucking shocking up there with the worst ever, beginning to think we would'nt get a penalty if one of our players was f#%king murdered in the box.

Hee Hee

That should have been two penalties to us anyone could see that,what a chump.

How many yellow cards was it?.

That was one hell of a slog that game but so proud we was up for it...blood sweat and tears

Well done guys...
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 3:29]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Referee tonight on 06:26 - Oct 4 with 2859 viewsQuakerJack

In my opinion the performance particularly the pens, warrant an investigation. If you think about what you can bet on nowadays, like no balls in cricket or penalties in a half, and usually these things would happen in less high profile champions league games, it's not unreasonable to suspect that he may be part of some betting ring where he gets rewarded handsomely for officiating on what is more often than not a subjective decision anyway, he maybe didn't legislate for something so blatant as our player being violently assaulted, but surely nobody is that bad a ref or generally just that stupid a person. If I was the head of the body for investigating corruption in sport linked to bribery id have a look into that.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Referee tonight on 07:35 - Oct 4 with 2806 views2face

Referee tonight on 22:46 - Oct 3 by C_jack

Banned from international games according to his "wiki"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duarte_Gomes

From Wikipedia:

"As of 04th October 2013 Gomes was indefinitely suspended by FIFA's executive committee who placed him under investigation for ineptitude and possible corruption following an inexplicable performance and blatant disregard of the laws of the game of football in a game featuring Swansea City from England and FC St Galllen of Switzerland."

I wonder if it's true or perhaps some joker who wrote it on his page.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 7:38]
Referee tonight on 07:50 - Oct 4 with 2776 viewsBonjour

I thought without the ref and their fans it would've been a pretty boring night.

He was in his own little world but I don't recall any penalty claims that we had that I thought should have been given??

Can someone enlighten me?
Referee tonight on 07:54 - Oct 4 with 2760 viewsWarwickHunt

Referee tonight on 07:50 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

I thought without the ref and their fans it would've been a pretty boring night.

He was in his own little world but I don't recall any penalty claims that we had that I thought should have been given??

You missed the high kick to Michu's head?

Even this clown would've had to give a free kick anywhere else on the pitch for that.
Referee tonight on 07:57 - Oct 4 with 2746 viewsBonjour

Referee tonight on 07:54 - Oct 4 by WarwickHunt

You missed the high kick to Michu's head?

Even this clown would've had to give a free kick anywhere else on the pitch for that.

That wasn't a high kick - Michu was stooping to head it, the guy got the ball first and then Michu. The ref shoulda stopped play but never a pen imo.
Referee tonight on 08:04 - Oct 4 with 2726 views2face

Referee tonight on 07:50 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

Michu was kicked in the head on a goal scoring chance inside the box. Earlier Michu was clipped on the ankle inside the box. Both very clear penalties.
Referee tonight on 08:07 - Oct 4 with 2715 viewsUxbridge

Referee tonight on 07:57 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

That wasn't a high kick - Michu was stooping to head it, the guy got the ball first and then Michu. The ref shoulda stopped play but never a pen imo.

I'd suggest watching it back.

The xenophobic stuff about foreign refs aside (we've had some very good ones this season), this boy was a shocker. Given their tactic especially in the first half was to physically get at us it's quite startling that he gave more free kicks against us than in our favour at HT. Two bookings to one in our favour equally inexplicable.

Still, as you say, livened up what could have been a dull night. Thought yesterday's atmosphere was much more enjoyable than Saturday.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Referee tonight on 08:09 - Oct 4 with 2711 viewsWarwickHunt

Referee tonight on 07:57 - Oct 4 by Bonjour

Free kick anywhere else on the pitch so a penalty if it happens in the box.

Strachan laughed in disbelief and said something along the lines of "how can that not be a penalty?"
Referee tonight on 08:12 - Oct 4 with 2701 viewsBonjour

Referee tonight on 08:04 - Oct 4 by 2face

Michu was kicked in the head on a goal scoring chance inside the box. Earlier Michu was clipped on the ankle inside the box. Both very clear penalties.

As I saw it, he stooped to head it, got kicked in the head AFTER the guy had cleared the ball.

The one where Michu got clipped - is that the one where Bony or Pozuelo then should have scored? Maybe half a shout there but the ref played advantage and we messed it up.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024