Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread 10:43 - Oct 6 with 42933 viewsmarchamjack

Can't see one so thought I'd start it.

Need to play much much better than Thursday to get anything today. Hope Bony starts and we take a positive attitude to this away game, not the negative approach we saw at Spurs. Not feeling overly hopeful I must say, but also hope to be proved wrong.

COYS

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 2947 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Oct 6 by AnotherJohn

Very disappointing result given the amount of possession we had. Unfortunately we are in a period where we are shakey at the back and lack cutting edge up front. My own pet theory is that we have to get the ball into the danger area more quickly once we create openings. Routledge and Shelvey had plenty of chances to cross when instead they check out and pass back to team mates who hit something in from a much worse angle. My other thought is that if we had 'cashed in' on Ash for 6M, as quite a few on this board wanted, we would be facing a relegation battle.

Selling Ash at £6m was never an option - we turned down £9m in January.

Some spectacular f*ckwittery on this thread. Fair play.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Oct 6 with 2923 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

We're you been warrahunt join in mun alls fair in love and war
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Oct 6 with 2868 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Oct 6 by GeoffThom

We're you been warrahunt join in mun alls fair in love and war

Just got back...

Did enough to win despite insisting on getting it out wide to players who couldn't f*cking cross to save their lives. Not much point in Shelvey pinging 40 yard passes to the wingers if they're going to pump utterly pointless balls into the box.

Need to play through the middle more - Bony and Michu didn't get much to work with today.

MIssed Pablo's guile today - Routledge was diaf*ckingbolical. Nathan did ok but his final ball was woeful.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Oct 6 with 2759 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:58 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Not in the same class as WC's pearls of a few months back about 'cashing in' though!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 21:05]
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:10 - Oct 6 with 2743 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Just got back...

Did enough to win despite insisting on getting it out wide to players who couldn't f*cking cross to save their lives. Not much point in Shelvey pinging 40 yard passes to the wingers if they're going to pump utterly pointless balls into the box.

Need to play through the middle more - Bony and Michu didn't get much to work with today.

MIssed Pablo's guile today - Routledge was diaf*ckingbolical. Nathan did ok but his final ball was woeful.

Routledge needs a break. Confidence in bits at the moment. Similar to Dyer a few weeks back
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Oct 6 with 2727 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Oct 6 by AnotherJohn

Not in the same class as WC's pearls of a few months back about 'cashing in' though!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 21:05]

If the price is right for the club, we cash in. If not, we don't. Duh.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Oct 6 with 2710 viewshappy_juggler

Just got back and read the thread. I must have been at a different game to most of you guys. We had possession but did not penetrate when we had it. I can see why Saints have had clean sheets as they just soak it up and then send it to their midfield who are solid as well. They scored 3 good goals (for the life of me I could not see why the second goal was disallowed) and we could have had 2 but should have had 1 goal from Dyer off the inside of the post. It was a competitive fair game of football against equally talented sides; my worry is how they scored so easily in open play against us when they have only scored one in open play before this game all season
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 2625 viewsepaul

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:22 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Just got back...

Spot on Phil, we were the better side for 70 of the 90, it amazes me in peoples opinions of the game from watching on the net to being there. Not that Im knocking anyone but I saw a totally different game to those posting who watched it online

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 6 with 2552 viewsDavillin

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Oct 6 by epaul

Spot on Phil, we were the better side for 70 of the 90, it amazes me in peoples opinions of the game from watching on the net to being there. Not that Im knocking anyone but I saw a totally different game to those posting who watched it online

Not at all surprising that people who watch a game live see a different game from those who watch it on TV. Allow me to point out a few main differences.

1. Live, you see only what you're looking at.
2. On TV, replays show you very important playing events that you might not have seen, most especially when two important events are playing out in different parts of the pitch - for example a passer and the receiver of a pass when they are not all in frame.

3. Live, you see everything in one size, across your entire field of vision, which you cannot hold in sight all at once..
4. On TV, you see more-or-less routine play more-or-less panoramically, and tighter moments on close-up -- close-ups in even more detail when it's something very important.

5. Live, you see everything once, always assuming you were looking at the right action.
6. On TV, you get repeat shots on a regular basis, in particular when it's an action of greater significance.

7. Live, you can see it only once, all the way through with no pauses.
8. On TV, you can video-record it and watch it as many times as you want, and to watch any specific scene as many times as you want.

What have I missed?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Oct 6 with 2521 viewstomdickharry

Did someone say Caulker wasn't good enough for us.!!!!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 06:48 - Oct 7 with 2395 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Oct 6 by tomdickharry

Did someone say Caulker wasn't good enough for us.!!!!

At £8 million he was just too expensive

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Oct 7 with 2263 viewstomdickharry

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 06:48 - Oct 7 by Brynmill_Jack

At £8 million he was just too expensive

Rubbish,if Caulker was to expensive at £8M what was Lita at E£1.5 and factor in wages (still being paid) that's what I call to expensive.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:08 - Oct 7 with 2261 viewsjohnlangy

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:50 - Oct 6 by Generation_Terrorist

Some points you should consider:

1. Quality goalkeeping prevented Bony from having both a goal and an assist (for Dyer's with the backheel) today. In recent days, he also set up Ben in the Arse game and Wayne in the St. Gallen game.
2. He's our top scorer with 7 goals, and has as one less goal in the league than our almighty talisman Michu (who himself only has 2).
3. Not only did he not have a proper pre-season to build match fitness, but ML has arsed around with rotating him in and out of various midweek and weekend games, preventing him from building up any momentum.
4. The majority of our team can't cross for shit, which neutralises one of his main strengths.

I'm sure others will contribute.

Well done for trying. But they're not interested in facts, they just seem to have agendas which have no basis in reality.

John
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:17 - Oct 7 with 2251 viewsPlasticman

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:05 - Oct 7 by tomdickharry

Rubbish,if Caulker was to expensive at £8M what was Lita at E£1.5 and factor in wages (still being paid) that's what I call to expensive.

if you don't got 8 million, then 8 million is too expensive.

Simple as that.

With Ash and Chico already in the team, any defenders we bought would have to be considered as backups with potential to fight for the primary spot. We all knew getting strikers were the primary concern for us, and if you look at the money we spent, it was a primary outlet there, while everywhere else was way less than that.
Even de guzman we didn't purchase but only got a secondary loan on, to keep finances in check.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:22 - Oct 7 with 2244 viewsmonmouth

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:17 - Oct 7 by Plasticman

if you don't got 8 million, then 8 million is too expensive.

Simple as that.

With Ash and Chico already in the team, any defenders we bought would have to be considered as backups with potential to fight for the primary spot. We all knew getting strikers were the primary concern for us, and if you look at the money we spent, it was a primary outlet there, while everywhere else was way less than that.
Even de guzman we didn't purchase but only got a secondary loan on, to keep finances in check.

Yep. Caulks wanted a guaranteed start; we could never offer that. Scum could. For a back up we needed a cheaper, decent but developing youngster that's happy to wait for chances. Step forward Jordi Amat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:36 - Oct 7 with 2174 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 6 by Davillin

Not at all surprising that people who watch a game live see a different game from those who watch it on TV. Allow me to point out a few main differences.

2. On TV, replays show you very important playing events that you might not have seen, most especially when two important events are playing out in different parts of the pitch - for example a passer and the receiver of a pass when they are not all in frame.

3. Live, you see everything in one size, across your entire field of vision, which you cannot hold in sight all at once..
4. On TV, you see more-or-less routine play more-or-less panoramically, and tighter moments on close-up -- close-ups in even more detail when it's something very important.

5. Live, you see everything once, always assuming you were looking at the right action.
6. On TV, you get repeat shots on a regular basis, in particular when it's an action of greater significance.

8. On TV, you can video-record it and watch it as many times as you want, and to watch any specific scene as many times as you want.

What have I missed?

The point. Spectacularly.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:23 - Oct 7 with 2135 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 6 by Davillin

What have I missed?

Spot on.

Reading this thread this morning I am astonished how different the game obviously looked to those that watched on streams compared to those of us who were there. General agreement around me was that Canas had a fine game.

The comments about JJS's "hollywood balls" are interesting. Three times in a 10 minute spell in the first half in front of us JJS hit long balls to Dyer in acres of space. On all three occasions the passes would have been perfect if Dyer had anticipated the flight of the ball properly. Each time Dyer gently jogged towards where he thought the ball would land only to realise it was curling a couple of yards further on and then broke into a sprint ending up just behind the ball. Evidently the passes looked over-hit on a stream but, trust me, they were excellent passes that would have put Dyer in acres of space if he had judged them correctly and moved to them properly.

Chico is missing Ash very badly. I thought Amat played better than Chico yesterday. Michu should have been rested - he was clearly still feeling the after-effects of Thursday and if only we could have rested Routs for Pablo.

I gather Spurs were garbage after a long trip to Russia on Thursday night. Food for thought?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:27 - Oct 7 with 2130 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:23 - Oct 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Spot on.

Reading this thread this morning I am astonished how different the game obviously looked to those that watched on streams compared to those of us who were there. General agreement around me was that Canas had a fine game.

The comments about JJS's "hollywood balls" are interesting. Three times in a 10 minute spell in the first half in front of us JJS hit long balls to Dyer in acres of space. On all three occasions the passes would have been perfect if Dyer had anticipated the flight of the ball properly. Each time Dyer gently jogged towards where he thought the ball would land only to realise it was curling a couple of yards further on and then broke into a sprint ending up just behind the ball. Evidently the passes looked over-hit on a stream but, trust me, they were excellent passes that would have put Dyer in acres of space if he had judged them correctly and moved to them properly.

Chico is missing Ash very badly. I thought Amat played better than Chico yesterday. Michu should have been rested - he was clearly still feeling the after-effects of Thursday and if only we could have rested Routs for Pablo.

I gather Spurs were garbage after a long trip to Russia on Thursday night. Food for thought?

I think the "Hollywood" reference wasn't reserved just for yesterdays game. For me watching the game on the laptop we just need to start quicker and take our chances.

I agree wholeheartedly that we miss Ash, lets hope that the blithering idiot Chris "chomp chomp, chew, ummmm, ummm, errrr *folds arms* chomp chew" Coleman doesn't further irritate his injury

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 14:53 - Oct 7 with 2072 viewsDavillin

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:36 - Oct 7 by WarwickHunt

The point. Spectacularly.

Actually, I did not miss the point at all, inasmuch as my point was a new and different point from yours. Yours was about how people who watch a game live have a better understanding about that game. Mine was about the difference in the two game-watching experiences. I suppose I should have added "Make of that what you will," although that does bother some. I'll do it below anyway.

Thanks for the "Spectacularly," however.

[my post below, as the new site allows only one reference post]

What have I missed?

[Make of that what you will.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:04 - Oct 7 with 2057 viewsperchrockjack

That ll need more than a short pithy riposte although some abuse will creep in.
However the YANKS have gotten up my nose by taking 6 months to chop down a tree for my new guitar.
It was Oregon ,Tone. Are they thick there or summat.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Oct 7 with 2014 viewslovejuicejack

Why is it that Bony cannot trap a bag of cement falling from space??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024