Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game 14:45 - Oct 26 with 7505 viewslifelong

This afternoon?

I think I will.
Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 19:21 - Oct 26 with 1816 viewsChief

The ref saved them and screwed Norwich. Once the throw is taken, the ball is in play and Norwich can do with the ball whatever they want, including score The ref then has no right to take play back a few minutes. Would he have made them take the throw again if for example Fer had shot wide? no. Yes the ref can ask Norwich to then let Cardiff score, but he cannot make them, there's nothing in the rules saying that teams have to give goals to the opposing side.

It was all Marshall's fault anyway - defend yourselves at all times, just as in a boxing match.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 19:27 - Oct 26 with 1797 viewsreddythered

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 19:21 - Oct 26 by Chief

The ref saved them and screwed Norwich. Once the throw is taken, the ball is in play and Norwich can do with the ball whatever they want, including score The ref then has no right to take play back a few minutes. Would he have made them take the throw again if for example Fer had shot wide? no. Yes the ref can ask Norwich to then let Cardiff score, but he cannot make them, there's nothing in the rules saying that teams have to give goals to the opposing side.

It was all Marshall's fault anyway - defend yourselves at all times, just as in a boxing match.

Again, it depends.

The ball was kicked out for an injury. At that point, afaik, ref signals the point from which play commences. If that's correct, avoids scenario of team faking an injury, taking quick throw in to circumvent the spirit of the game.

No, ref can't force a team to concede a soft goal. Hughton could ask his players to, but...

Marshall's fault? Not really. 99.99% of players pass it back to the keeper. Marshall being away from the centre of goal means that if the ball is passed back, no chance of it going in the net. Fer being a tad scummy isn't Marshall's fault.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 20:07 - Oct 26 with 1750 viewstaffyjack

Marshall being interviewed after the match, thought it was a 50-50 game. But was disappointed they didn't pick up 3pts, did he get whacked on the fukin head at some point during the game ????
Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 23:48 - Oct 26 with 1649 viewsAndy1300

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 18:59 - Oct 26 by reddythered

Depends - because the ball was kicked out for an injury, surely ref has to indicate when play has to continue? Can't just take the throw in when you want in that instance, makes a mockery of kicking the ball out in the first place.

Just saw highlights on MOTD and ref clearly gestured to take the throw, scum players just like their fans, started fighting.

Sooner they go down the better

Number 1 team in Wales

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 08:54 - Oct 27 with 1551 viewsPlasticman

Seeing the incident (didn't bother with the match, just that incident to see what the talk was about) I can actually understand why they were pissed at Fer.

Imo, the ref did the right thing. Too many times the fair play thing that players are supposed to abide by is ignored. If anything, I felt the ref should have carded Fer with a yellow for showing disrespect and bringing the game into miscredit with his actions.

As for the goalkeepers position, I think he was expecting to be the receipient of the throw-in, as would normally have been the custom in that situation.

I'm curious if Norwich will just let the whole thing slide, or take a stance for fair play and give the guy a fine for his actions to make it appear they don't condone unsportsman behaviour.

Plastic since 2012

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 09:18 - Oct 27 with 1522 viewsdgt73

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 23:48 - Oct 26 by Andy1300

Just saw highlights on MOTD and ref clearly gestured to take the throw, scum players just like their fans, started fighting.

Sooner they go down the better

The goal should of stood, the ref made a mistake, but in saying that what the Norwich player did was wrong in terms of sportsmanship.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 10:25 - Oct 27 with 1492 viewsreddythered

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 09:18 - Oct 27 by dgt73

The goal should of stood, the ref made a mistake, but in saying that what the Norwich player did was wrong in terms of sportsmanship.

Don't think it was just Fer.

Marshall was stood there, all Van Wolfswinkel had to do was throw the ball to Marshall. Instead, Van Wolfswinkel was waving at his own team. Both he and Fer were responsible.

Fer's interview was b0ll0cks. Didn't know it Britain the ball gets thrown back? So I guess tha's never happened in a single game Norwich have played this season. Not at all.

Quite sad that as sh1t as we were yesterday, they had to morally cheat to try to win.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 10:45 - Oct 27 with 1473 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 10:25 - Oct 27 by reddythered

Marshall was stood there, all Van Wolfswinkel had to do was throw the ball to Marshall. Instead, Van Wolfswinkel was waving at his own team. Both he and Fer were responsible.

Fer's interview was b0ll0cks. Didn't know it Britain the ball gets thrown back? So I guess tha's never happened in a single game Norwich have played this season. Not at all.

Quite sad that as sh1t as we were yesterday, they had to morally cheat to try to win.

Oh come on Reddy, as if Cardiff have never tried to cheat to win a game, morally or not!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 13:57 - Oct 27 with 1407 views2face

The only problem I can see, is that from now on no team will kick the ball out if a Norwich player is injured. I guess they made that bed themselves.
Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 14:05 - Oct 27 with 1398 viewsAndy1300

They battered yo, your keeper saves your shit team a hell of a lot

Number 1 team in Wales

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 16:37 - Oct 27 with 1345 viewsreddythered

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 14:05 - Oct 27 by Andy1300

They battered yo, your keeper saves your shit team a hell of a lot

Battering us or not, score was 0-0. Van Wolfswinkel, Fer cyncially abused sportsmanship to try to win.

As someone else pointed out, can't see anyone kicking the ball out for them again this season.

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 10:12 - Oct 28 with 1308 viewsHellothere

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 19:21 - Oct 26 by Chief

So biased it's unreal. I'm sure if it happened to you, you would be happy to allow the goal.

We were poor but again we missed huge chances like the Mutch shot from 5 yards out that should have been in. Same with the Spurs game with one on one chances. We aren't playing well but we are missing chances that should be goals. Our game plan is to defend then steal one and it is working but our forwards and mids aren't hitting the target.

I expect the same againist you.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:15 - Oct 28 with 1289 viewsDevz00

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 13:06 - Oct 28 with 1269 viewsChief

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 10:12 - Oct 28 by Hellothere

So biased it's unreal. I'm sure if it happened to you, you would be happy to allow the goal.

We were poor but again we missed huge chances like the Mutch shot from 5 yards out that should have been in. Same with the Spurs game with one on one chances. We aren't playing well but we are missing chances that should be goals. Our game plan is to defend then steal one and it is working but our forwards and mids aren't hitting the target.

I expect the same againist you.

if it happened to swans, i'd be furious yes, dont get wrong, im not saying it would be morally right that norwich would have gone 1-0 from that, but all im saying is that it should have stood.

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 15:06 - Oct 28 with 1238 viewsDevz00

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 13:06 - Oct 28 by Chief

if it happened to swans, i'd be furious yes, dont get wrong, im not saying it would be morally right that norwich would have gone 1-0 from that, but all im saying is that it should have stood.

It should have been a goal but then Norwich would have let them run the equaliser in from kick off. So it should have been 1-1.

The only ones moaning about it should be the people who had both teams to score on their coupon!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 15:07]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 13:19 - Oct 29 with 1155 viewsChief

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 15:06 - Oct 28 by Devz00

It should have been a goal but then Norwich would have let them run the equaliser in from kick off. So it should have been 1-1.

The only ones moaning about it should be the people who had both teams to score on their coupon!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 15:07]

Norwich, with Fer (who obviously isn't going to win any sportsmanship awards) in midfield could easily have tackled the Cardiff player trying to score. The ref can ask Norwich to let Cardiff score, but he cant demand they do. it was so late in the game too.

Is Anyone Watching the Cardiff Game on 13:57 - Oct 29 with 1131 viewsthedrownedman

How can you morally cheat?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024