Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BT Sport.... 07:21 - Nov 20 with 3923 viewsrazorjack

............considering bidding for World Cup.Sorry can't put link up.

Soon be Prem league,then fuk Sky

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

BT Sport.... on 07:33 - Nov 20 with 3914 viewsstevethejack

Link is here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10461293/BT-Sport-would-welc

As the World Cup is one of the 'crown jewels' of sport it must be shown on free-to-air TV

"Any BT bid would need to guarantee all matches it secured would be shown free-to-air, due to legislation banning any World Cup games being on pay TV."

'Crown Jewels' list:

Category A - must be shown live on terrestrialOlympic games
Football world cup
Football European Championship
FA Cup final
Scottish FA Cup final (in Scotland)
Grand National
The Derby
Wimbledon finals
Rugby League Challenge Cup final
Rugby Union World Cup final

Category B - highlights must be show on terrestrial TVCricket Tests in England
Wimbledon up to finals
All other Rugby Union World Cup matches
Six Nations Rugby matches involving home countries
Commonwealth Games
World Athletics Championships
Cricket World Cup final, semi-finals and matches involving home countries
Ryder Cup golf
The Open golf
BT Sport.... on 08:53 - Nov 20 with 3822 viewsepaul

Apparently they have 2 billion a year to spunk on sport.

Also it's a disgrace that the greatest cricket series isnt on free tv

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

BT Sport.... on 09:56 - Nov 20 with 3775 viewsLord_Bony

The Sky satellite is gradually coming earthwards and will soon drop out of the orbit.

It will cost billions to replace so Sky can t be arsed

BT will then step in to be the dominant force in sports tv in a few years

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

BT Sport.... on 11:17 - Nov 20 with 3710 viewsItchySphincter

BT Sport.... on 09:56 - Nov 20 by Lord_Bony

The Sky satellite is gradually coming earthwards and will soon drop out of the orbit.

Warra load of bolllocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BT Sport.... on 11:40 - Nov 20 with 3683 viewsOwenThom

If you think Sky are going to crash and burn anytime soon then you are mentally insane. Their grip on British sport is as strong as ever. BT is just another rival that will come and go like Setanta and ITV Sport did!

Twitter - @Owen_Thom

BT Sport.... on 11:42 - Nov 20 with 3682 viewsorion3016

BT Sport.... on 11:40 - Nov 20 by OwenThom

If you think Sky are going to crash and burn anytime soon then you are mentally insane. Their grip on British sport is as strong as ever. BT is just another rival that will come and go like Setanta and ITV Sport did!

Bt are just that bit bigger than the others so hopefully this will be good news for the consumer, it's not a bad thing as sky have monopolised football for years

Be over there now after

BT Sport.... on 12:09 - Nov 20 with 3651 viewspencoedjack

BT Sport.... on 11:40 - Nov 20 by OwenThom

Everyone seems to have it in for Sky .... does no one not realize that the multi millions we receive for playing in the PL is down to Murdoch and his cronies.

If you think BT would charge any less if they had the same monopoly for beaming football into your lounge as Sky have at the moment, think your in for a shock.

The days of The Big match are long gone.
BT Sport.... on 16:57 - Nov 20 with 3524 viewsC_jack

World Cup on a subscription channel would be the straw on the camel's back for me (ironic, especially if they get the 2022 WC)

Wouldn't be surprised to see a sub for a designated single team for every match of the season soon, like they do in the US.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

BT Sport.... on 17:17 - Nov 20 with 3503 viewsDr_Winston

BT Sport.... on 12:09 - Nov 20 by pencoedjack

Everyone seems to have it in for Sky .... does no one not realize that the multi millions we receive for playing in the PL is down to Murdoch and his cronies.

If you think BT would charge any less if they had the same monopoly for beaming football into your lounge as Sky have at the moment, think your in for a shock.

The days of The Big match are long gone.

Precisely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BT Sport.... on 17:20 - Nov 20 with 3498 viewsGrandPrix

BT Sport.... on 09:56 - Nov 20 by Lord_Bony

Lol, I know a guy is adamant that Tom tom satellites are heading for earth soon too and we will all be back to maps.....insane

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

BT Sport.... on 18:49 - Nov 20 with 3441 viewsreddythered

BT are paying over the odds for sport as a loss leader to drive their broadband operations.

For all their talk of viewing figures, I'd wager most are receiving it free due to having BT broadband. No way that's a viable plan going forward long term... so it'll be another pay tv service.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

BT Sport.... on 19:02 - Nov 20 with 3426 viewsexiledclaseboy

Their viewing figures aren't particularly impressive, they're getting less for their Prem games than ESPN were getting (although ESPN's games were in a better slot.

They won't get the World Cup because of the "Crown Jewels" thing. The Champions League is a big boost for them though but I still don't really expect them to challenge Sky in the long term. We'll be the losers by having to pay for more subscriptions.

Poll: Tory leader

BT Sport.... on 21:05 - Nov 20 with 3347 viewsItchySphincter

BT is here to stay it seems but the product hasn't improved and the customer will eventually bear the cost. Sky have royally p!ssed off BT by muscling in on the phone/broadband business and BT are happy to hemorrhage money for a few years to rattle them.

BT Sport.... on 21:10 - Nov 20 with 3340 viewsDull1Thomas

BT Sport.... on 08:53 - Nov 20 by epaul

Apparently they have 2 billion a year to spunk on sport.

Also it's a disgrace that the greatest cricket series isnt on free tv

"greatest cricket series" - surely that's an oxymoron

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

BT Sport.... on 07:37 - Nov 21 with 3242 viewsrazorjack

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/nov/20/bskyb-bt-sports-wholesale-deal

I hope the link works.

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

BT Sport.... on 07:50 - Nov 21 with 3233 viewsLord_Bony

BT Sport.... on 17:20 - Nov 20 by GrandPrix

Lol, I know a guy is adamant that Tom tom satellites are heading for earth soon too and we will all be back to maps.....insane

It s true mun,the guy from BT told me lol.
I recently changed from Sky to BT the full Monty and save about £50 per month,though I ve recently had to add itv4 and Skysports extra packages to watch when the Swans play as I can only make about 5 games a season at the moment due to work commitments .
theres a lot of Chinese Whispers in the industry about this...

Anyways,according to NASA EVERY satellite eventually goes out of orbit and is earthbound or goes off into space.....currently about one a week drops out,most of them burn up on re entry.

"What makes a satellite spin out of control and head toward Earth?

Every satellite is gradually falling back to Earth due to atmospheric drag and solar radiation pressure. Many operational spacecraft, like the International Space Station, must periodically make small maneuvers to return to their original altitudes. UARS was decommissioned in December 2005, and its altitude has been slowly decreasing ever since.

Read more: Satellite Falling to Earth? NASA Scientist Puts It Into Perspective | TIME.com http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/22/satellite-falling-to-earth-nasa-scientist-pu
[Post edited 21 Nov 2013 8:26]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

BT Sport.... on 08:30 - Nov 21 with 3210 viewsepaul

BT Sport.... on 21:10 - Nov 20 by Dull1Thomas

"greatest cricket series" - surely that's an oxymoron

Why? name a better or bigger cricket series than the ashes.....

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

BT Sport.... on 13:38 - Nov 21 with 3144 viewsItchySphincter

BT Sport.... on 07:50 - Nov 21 by Lord_Bony

It s true mun,the guy from BT told me lol.
I recently changed from Sky to BT the full Monty and save about £50 per month,though I ve recently had to add itv4 and Skysports extra packages to watch when the Swans play as I can only make about 5 games a season at the moment due to work commitments .
theres a lot of Chinese Whispers in the industry about this...

Anyways,according to NASA EVERY satellite eventually goes out of orbit and is earthbound or goes off into space.....currently about one a week drops out,most of them burn up on re entry.

"What makes a satellite spin out of control and head toward Earth?

Every satellite is gradually falling back to Earth due to atmospheric drag and solar radiation pressure. Many operational spacecraft, like the International Space Station, must periodically make small maneuvers to return to their original altitudes. UARS was decommissioned in December 2005, and its altitude has been slowly decreasing ever since.

Read more: Satellite Falling to Earth? NASA Scientist Puts It Into Perspective | TIME.com http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/22/satellite-falling-to-earth-nasa-scientist-pu
[Post edited 21 Nov 2013 8:26]

It may be true but you're original assertion is still bollocks. Most go into inclined orbit before they become space junk and disappear or burn up. They are still usable when inclined but they are not fixed and have to be tracked, which in itself is no big deal depending on application. In any case, they will be moved and another satellite will be moved into it's position before it falls out of the Sky. Also they are not 'Sky' satellites, they use the Astra fleet which many others use too. Stop talking bollocks and believing what the BT man tells you on this one. ;) :)

BT Sport.... on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 3092 viewsLord_Bony

Ok mister,I tell him wot you sed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024