Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw on the front foot 08:37 - Nov 26 with 10811 viewsBilgolaSwan

following on from Huw getting stuck into Laudrup about "leagues within leagues"...

He is on the front foot about Man City on the weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25096797
Huw on the front foot on 09:25 - Nov 26 with 7432 views_

Dave Whelan aside, does any other chairman get involved with team matters like Jenkins does? maybe Tan, but who'd want to be compared to that nutter?

Let's hope we're not overawed eh. It's frightening the players Man City have and when they gel, be fooked, they demolish teams. He's shouting from the rooftops we should not be defeatist, something I've never associated with Laudrup and all his honours in the game and in the same breath hoping we get lucky and they have an off day.

I really hope the King of Denmark has thought about all that! it just might make the difference! you know!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Huw on the front foot on 09:28 - Nov 26 with 7420 viewsWarwickHunt

He needs to learn to keep his f*cking trap shut to the press and start doing his talking in private.

A spot of megalomania creeping in perhaps...
Huw on the front foot on 09:31 - Nov 26 with 7393 viewsDarran

So Huws hoping to get something.

What so the rest of us aren't?

Stupid f*cking article.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw on the front foot on 09:34 - Nov 26 with 7368 viewsBilgolaSwan

I would be amazed if the comments in private were not delivered already and far more direct than the quotes in that article.
Huw on the front foot on 09:35 - Nov 26 with 7358 viewsBilgolaSwan

Huw on the front foot on 09:31 - Nov 26 by Darran

Stupid f*cking article.

I would say it was an article that suited all parties. Far from stupid.
Huw on the front foot on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 7349 viewsDarran

Huw on the front foot on 09:35 - Nov 26 by BilgolaSwan

Yeah you carry on.

Huw on the front foot on 09:39 - Nov 26 with 7332 viewsBilgolaSwan

Huw on the front foot on 09:37 - Nov 26 by Darran

Yeah you carry on.

Carry on what? Having a different opinion to you? Then I will.
Huw on the front foot on 09:39 - Nov 26 with 7330 views_

Huw on the front foot on 09:35 - Nov 26 by BilgolaSwan

What parties is it suiting exactly?

I'm trying my best to make some sense out of what you're saying. And failing.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Huw on the front foot on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 7322 viewsItchySphincter

Huw on the front foot on 09:31 - Nov 26 by Darran

Stupid f*cking article.

What's more stupid is that people are surprised, and it's hardly getting involved in team matters now is it? Chairman expects positivity shocker!.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Huw on the front foot on 09:43 - Nov 26 with 7305 views_

Huw on the front foot on 09:41 - Nov 26 by ItchySphincter

What's more stupid is that people are surprised, and it's hardly getting involved in team matters now is it? Chairman expects positivity shocker!.

The Chairman should leave football to the football people.

He would do better to comment on the farce there is with tickets and the rest of the amateur operation off the pitch.

Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 7283 viewsViking_Jack

"Playing against the top sides, the fact that they will come and play us with their normal tactics without any change in preparation....". Those "normal tactics" that demolished Tottenham among others? So big teams don´t make any preparation for a team like Swansea? Does the manager/team not want to win against the top teams? I don´t know what Huw is about; he is a brilliant chairman, but I think - as some others have said before me - that it´s about time to leave manager matters to the manager, and if he has any problem with the manager´s approach then discuss it privately and not repeatedly play the wise guy about it in the public, because it´s not making him look good - well, at least not in my eyes...

Better a brief spell of honour than a long rule of shame

Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 7282 viewsBilgolaSwan

Huw on the front foot on 09:39 - Nov 26 by _

What parties is it suiting exactly?

I'm trying my best to make some sense out of what you're saying. And failing.

Okay, BBC get an easy article from the chairman reinforcing comments he made a week or two ago.
HJ gets to send a mesage to the management, fans and the team that he expects them to go out and get a result against a top team, rather than settle for a defeat against a team "in a different league to them".
Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 7275 viewsItchySphincter

Huw on the front foot on 09:43 - Nov 26 by _

He would do better to comment on the farce there is with tickets and the rest of the amateur operation off the pitch.

Yeah, but when I read the article the only direct quotes from Huw were saying he hoped to get something from them. Not exactly the same as dictating the system and picking the players. If it was then he should be told to zip it in public, but it aint.

Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 7273 viewscaerleon_jack

Sorry, but I fail to see what was wrong with that interview? 'Club chairman says positive things about team/club. Wants team to win'

What's wrong with that?

Since the days of announcing the Leacock transfer before it was complete, Huw has become a lot more media-savvy. The sad fact is that to some Swans fans he can never do right, and they'll look for any reason to critcise him. The fact that he and the board have overseen the most successful period in the club's history is lost on them, or it's just not enough. Once again the ugly spectre of perma-unhappy Swans fans rears its head.

Insert something witty here

Huw on the front foot on 09:47 - Nov 26 with 7266 viewsDarran

Huw on the front foot on 09:39 - Nov 26 by BilgolaSwan

Carry on what? Having a different opinion to you? Then I will.

You can have whatever opinion you want Dude but constantly talking to the press about on field matters is not going to do us any good long term.
That's my opinion.

As far as the other article you mentioned we were 9th in the biggest toughest league at the time and had we beaten Cardiff the following day we still would have been 9th in the biggest toughest league in the world.
That's not my opinion that's a fact.

Huw on the front foot on 09:49 - Nov 26 with 7256 views_

Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 by BilgolaSwan

Okay, BBC get an easy article from the chairman reinforcing comments he made a week or two ago.
HJ gets to send a mesage to the management, fans and the team that he expects them to go out and get a result against a top team, rather than settle for a defeat against a team "in a different league to them".

No offence but if I was Laudrup I would be telling him in no uncertain terms to back the fact off.

When he's got 5 La Liga titles over 100 international caps and titles in every country he's played in, then come back and chip in.

Until them, he just sounds like a burk.

Huw on the front foot on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 7247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It says Pablo may be fit again. But for how long?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huw on the front foot on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 7244 viewsItchySphincter

Fair point, but not enough of an issue for fans to get their knickers in a twist, this time.

Huw on the front foot on 09:56 - Nov 26 with 7208 viewsSpratty

Huw on the front foot on 09:50 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

It says Pablo may be fit again. But for how long?

Power of positive thinking Bryn
Huw on the front foot on 09:57 - Nov 26 with 7203 viewsSpratty

Huw on the front foot on 09:28 - Nov 26 by WarwickHunt

He needs to learn to keep his f*cking trap shut to the press and start doing his talking in private.

A spot of megalomania creeping in perhaps...

This but much more diplomatically
Huw on the front foot on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 7160 viewsScoobyWho

Quote 1

"Quite rightly you've got to respect Man City but I also view it as a great opportunity for us to go out and show what we can do," he said.

Quote 2

"You've always got to have the hope that on the day they have an off day and we play well," Jenkins told BBC Radio Wales Sport.
"You've got to make sure that we're all focused and can try and concentrate on what we can do on the day and hope a bit of luck comes your way and you pick up a result.

Quote 3

"Playing against the top sides, the fact that they will come and play us with their normal tactics without any change in preparation, provides a lot of opportunities to pick valuable points during the season."

Quote 4

"I believe clubs like us can pick up points and wins in those games which will take the pressure off many of the so called games you should take wins out of.
"I firmly believe that's the right way to approach them."

What is the problem here ?
I agree a decent article on explaining the ticket issues, refunding fans or rewarding them with a generous offer for supprting europa games is better. But this is just a journo filling in the pieces on a tuesday afternoon.

Nothing more.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Huw on the front foot on 10:15 - Nov 26 with 7122 viewsJackanapes

Huw on the front foot on 09:46 - Nov 26 by BilgolaSwan

So you see nothing unusual in the fact that a chairman would expect us to go out ( I say it again.. EXPECT us to go out) and get a result against a team who have scored 13 goals in their last two home games.(6 goals a against a team that bitchslapped us all over the park two seasons in a row)
I can safely ignore you from here on in.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2013 10:20]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Huw on the front foot on 10:25 - Nov 26 with 7066 viewstomdickharry

Huw on the front foot on 09:43 - Nov 26 by _

Didn't Jenkins get a cap for the Boys Clubs of Wales?
Huw on the front foot on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 7055 viewsJackanapes

Speaking of caps, I think I saw him hat shopping the other day.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Huw on the front foot on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 7020 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huw on the front foot on 09:56 - Nov 26 by Spratty

Power of positive thinking Bryn

Don't tell me, tell him !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024