Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Statement on the free ticket debacle 08:26 - Nov 27 with 7354 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Fans-split-free-tickets-DVLA/story-20226

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 08:48 - Nov 27 with 4163 viewsJackhero

It still stinks, despite what they say. Substantial discount should we progress? £5 a ticket then please!

What (dare I say it) if we don't progress? Then what? Fact is the club have done things like this for years. Sticking it to loyal fans. Was not too long ago season ticket holders were yet again getting screwed when we were lower league with the group ticket discounts. If you bought individual tickets throughout the year along with the offers the club did you could attend all home games for a cheaper price than a season ticket holder had paid!
Thanks Huw and the board ......whats next?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:01 - Nov 27 with 4132 viewsDarran

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 08:48 - Nov 27 by Jackhero

It still stinks, despite what they say. Substantial discount should we progress? £5 a ticket then please!

What (dare I say it) if we don't progress? Then what? Fact is the club have done things like this for years. Sticking it to loyal fans. Was not too long ago season ticket holders were yet again getting screwed when we were lower league with the group ticket discounts. If you bought individual tickets throughout the year along with the offers the club did you could attend all home games for a cheaper price than a season ticket holder had paid!
Thanks Huw and the board ......whats next?

If we don't progress there's the FA Cupppppppppp.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:12 - Nov 27 with 4105 viewsSwansNZ

Is there much point in encouraging new supporters to attend, when just about every PL game is sold out anyway?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:12 - Nov 27 with 4100 viewsPegojack

I love this football club, it's been a major part of my life for 49 years. I'm a loyal season ticket holder and travel from Hereford for all home games and go to as many away games as I can manage. I'm a Jack through and through, and will defend this club to the hilt. But when they get it wrong, they need to be told in no uncertain terms. In this case, they got it very wrong - Leigh Deneen and the rest of the board, I hope you're reading this. You have presided over a PR debacle here. Think harder about how you incentivise new fans and reward the loyal regulars in future, please.
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:17 - Nov 27 with 4086 viewsDevz00

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:12 - Nov 27 by SwansNZ

Is there much point in encouraging new supporters to attend, when just about every PL game is sold out anyway?

This.

All a bit pointless at the moment. We need to get this expansion sorted and quick.

They've messed up and they know it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2013 9:18]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:18 - Nov 27 with 4077 viewsSTEVE1

I don't think there is any doubt that they try to do what is best for the football club maybe they should just employ someone with a bit of common sense.
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:33 - Nov 27 with 4035 viewsDrGonzo

Whingers gonna whinge
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:39 - Nov 27 with 4020 viewsParlay

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:17 - Nov 27 by Devz00

This.

All a bit pointless at the moment. We need to get this expansion sorted and quick.

They've messed up and they know it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2013 9:18]

Spot on.

Ive emailed the club a few times now asking what the chances are me and the other half would have of getting a ST for next season as ill be back in the country for a year. my parents also want season tickets. Ive asked if i can be placed on the waiting list of there is one and have never got a reply.

So probably resigned to keeping my cash as theres no chance im shelling out for every game as ill end up paying twice as much.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Login to get fewer ads

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 3978 viewsWarwickHunt

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 09:18 - Nov 27 by STEVE1

I don't think there is any doubt that they try to do what is best for the football club maybe they should just employ someone with a bit of common sense.

Or a professional who knows his @rse from his elbow.

Barcelona on the pitch, Barry F*cking Town off it.

Still, we've got the goal music to look forward to, eh?
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 10:39 - Nov 27 with 3873 viewsNeath_Jack

Laughable.

Get some proper marketing people into the club not just hand out jobs to the boys. Every school from Pembroke to Bridgend to the Rhondda should have been offered these tickets. And offered for free, not discounted like they were to the select few Swansea schools that were offered them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 10:59 - Nov 27 with 3808 viewsinspector

this has been a debacle. the club have messed this right up.

I brought all 3 tickets for £60, which initially I thought was a good deal, but all these freebies have irked me.

dunno if i can be bothered going tomorrow night, probably gonna be a shite atmosphere anyway. god help us if we go a goal down.
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 3602 viewsClydachjack

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 10:59 - Nov 27 by inspector

this has been a debacle. the club have messed this right up.

I brought all 3 tickets for £60, which initially I thought was a good deal, but all these freebies have irked me.

dunno if i can be bothered going tomorrow night, probably gonna be a shite atmosphere anyway. god help us if we go a goal down.

I'm thinking of doing the same, in fact really thinking hard on weather to bother renewing my season ticket.
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 13:38 - Nov 27 with 3573 viewsDarran

I was just showing the EP article to my mate and reading the comments below it suddenly dawned on me that even after the club was found out for giving away free tickets they still continued to sell them at the ticket office,that's weird.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 14:25 - Nov 27 with 3505 views_

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 13:38 - Nov 27 by Darran

I was just showing the EP article to my mate and reading the comments below it suddenly dawned on me that even after the club was found out for giving away free tickets they still continued to sell them at the ticket office,that's weird.

"""I was just showing the EP article to my mate""""

Now I know you're bulshitting.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:00 - Nov 27 with 3429 viewsBanosswan

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 14:25 - Nov 27 by _

"""I was just showing the EP article to my mate""""

Now I know you're bulshitting.

Poppy innit

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:21 - Nov 27 with 3369 viewsDarran

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:00 - Nov 27 by Banosswan

Poppy innit

That made me lol.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:39 - Nov 27 with 3328 viewsJackhero

Just had an email from club saying tickets still on sale for £30. Just rubbing salt into the wound now. Idiots.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:56 - Nov 27 with 3300 viewsjojaca

They will not add more numbers to the support until they get the expansion sorted out. People on the waiting list for season tickets will soon lose patience and will to look to other avenues for entertainment. Last season I went to 9 league games with my young son. The cost worked out the same as if I bought season tickets, but only watched 9 league games. I have not attended one game this season because I refuse to pay the price and feel I don't get value for my money. I now have decided to buy season tickets for family to watch the Scarlets. Not ideal for me, but my family are enjoying their rugby.

Even when you know, you never know?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 16:12 - Nov 27 with 3263 viewsUxbridge

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:39 - Nov 27 by Jackhero

Just had an email from club saying tickets still on sale for £30. Just rubbing salt into the wound now. Idiots.

Aye. me too. Got to laugh.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 16:16 - Nov 27 with 3237 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 15:56 - Nov 27 by jojaca

They will not add more numbers to the support until they get the expansion sorted out. People on the waiting list for season tickets will soon lose patience and will to look to other avenues for entertainment. Last season I went to 9 league games with my young son. The cost worked out the same as if I bought season tickets, but only watched 9 league games. I have not attended one game this season because I refuse to pay the price and feel I don't get value for my money. I now have decided to buy season tickets for family to watch the Scarlets. Not ideal for me, but my family are enjoying their rugby.

This is exactly the kind of situation the board really need to have at the forefront of their mind when mulling over whether expansion is a priority or simply a luxury.

I sincerely hope the BOD are not - as someone suggested earlier - focussing on trying to address the 1% deficit in a 99% full stadium rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 16:35 - Nov 27 with 3195 views3swan

From the first post on the subject I thought it was a P.R. disaster but thought I’d wait just to see the reasons if any coming out of the club.
How on earth can any commercial information be gleaned from giving 400 tickets away free to people who potentially previously had no interest in the game.
Filing in a questionnaire? any answer could be given.
From day one questions were asked about the pricing strategy for the Euro games, but we are told that the club ‘knows what it’s doing’. Well this isn’t the first time that decisions have been perceived as a P.R. exercise gone horribly wrong by the fans.
Successful businesses know their customer base. Does the club understand the thoughts of their fan base, to the extent that ideas are truly thought through to the affect on fans
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 17:28 - Nov 27 with 3098 viewsPacemaker

The claim being made in that article is that as a result of an agreement with the DVLA sports and social club they will in effect receive names, addresses , email and phone numbers of all those members for the 400 tickets.

Thereby receiving extra targets for marketing shots for the Liberty Stadium, this could be more beneficial to the Ospreys than us in view of the number of empty seats for them. Which could assist us in the share of total income for the stadium I suppose.

I wonder how many ticked the DPA "I do not want my details passed onto 3rd parties" box. We could end up with no marketing targets at all.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 18:19 - Nov 27 with 3015 viewsSwanaldinho

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 17:28 - Nov 27 by Pacemaker

The claim being made in that article is that as a result of an agreement with the DVLA sports and social club they will in effect receive names, addresses , email and phone numbers of all those members for the 400 tickets.

Thereby receiving extra targets for marketing shots for the Liberty Stadium, this could be more beneficial to the Ospreys than us in view of the number of empty seats for them. Which could assist us in the share of total income for the stadium I suppose.

I wonder how many ticked the DPA "I do not want my details passed onto 3rd parties" box. We could end up with no marketing targets at all.

I think it is a shocker giving away these tickets but its even more shocking the club can't sell them as this game is huge.
A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 18:34 - Nov 27 with 2990 viewsreddythered

Curious about this "marketing research" claim.

Is that the survey/questionnaire forms which the club failed to deliver to the people within DVLA prior to the tickets being given out?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

A Statement on the free ticket debacle on 20:03 - Nov 27 with 2842 viewsexiledclaseboy

As far as I'm aware, there was no questionnaire given out. I'm not sure whether name and addresses were taken but I doubt it.

The market research justification for this is frankly laughable b*llocks.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024