Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! 21:17 - Feb 10 with 757 viewsdurham_exile

The Super U’s go to the Potteries on Tuesday evening for a rearranged game against Micky Adams’ Port Vale. The Valiants had a decent cup run and so our match, which was originally to be played on FA Cup 3rd day at Vale Park, had to be changed.

JD will be heartened by the fact that despite not playing since our impressive win at Carlisle on 18 January we have at least been able to nurse more players back to health.

Only long term absentees Drey Wright and Josh Thompson remain sidelined.

Incredibly the U’s have at least three or four games on our rivals for the play offs. Worth including because virtually every team we play for the next 5 or 6 matches harbours play off ambitions.

The table may well look very different when we have managed to play another 4 matches. The 13 out of the last 18 points has at last started to give our league position some respectability and if players stay fit there is no reason why a serious charge towards the top six is achievable.

Anyway one game at a time. JD must make one enforced change with Dickson in for the outstanding Garbutt who sadly is warming the bench for the Toffees. Perhaps if Oviedo is fit for the last few weeks of the season, he might return for the play offs!

So a 4,2,3,1 formation looking something like this:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Dickson

Bean Eastmond

Massey Vose Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Sesay, Gilbey, Wright, Sears, Morrison

The players will be delighted to be playing at last and will not be fazed by 2 away games in 4 games. Just the right preparation for 20 games in 81 days! With another three to follow!

40 more points from those 20 games will be enough for 74 points and the play offs.

Forget all about events since August, this season has now become a 20 game mini season.

Safe journey to those travelling U’s fans.

Up the resurgent U’s

[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 23:13]

Durham_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Black Country! on 22:04 - Feb 10 with 742 viewsnoah4x4

A super evaluation Durham; but I must disclose that Port Vale is in the 'Potteries' and nowhere near the 'Black Country'.

The 'Black Country' gained its name in the mid nineteenth century due to the smoke from the many thousands of ironworking foundries and forges plus also the working of the shallow and 30ft thick coal seams.

There are many definitions of what the 'Black Country' is but one thing is for sure, you won’t find it marked on any map. To traditionalists the Black Country is the area where the 30ft coal seam comes to the surface - so embraces West Bromwich, Oldbury, Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Old Hill, Bilston, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesfield and parts of Halesowen, Wednesbury and Walsall: but not Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and Smethwick or what used to be known as Warley.....and certainly NOT Stoke (or Port Vale).

I was born in the West Midlands; but NOT in the 'Black Country'; nor am I a 'Brummie' (despite my accent). I have never lived in "Benefits Street" nor have I stayed at the Crossroads Motel; and "I don't wanna be a tree"........but I have met Jasper Carrot (a Bluenose) and am proud of my heritage; allegedly conceived in the car park at Villa Park. Not grammatically sure if I can claim to be the 'cultural attache' or 'culture attache' in exile - but it was God's own country and where our future King has his heart .....until that pagan Lambert moved in.

But up my mighty adopted U's.....I love em!
Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Black Country! on 23:12 - Feb 10 with 733 viewsdurham_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Black Country! on 22:04 - Feb 10 by noah4x4

A super evaluation Durham; but I must disclose that Port Vale is in the 'Potteries' and nowhere near the 'Black Country'.

The 'Black Country' gained its name in the mid nineteenth century due to the smoke from the many thousands of ironworking foundries and forges plus also the working of the shallow and 30ft thick coal seams.

There are many definitions of what the 'Black Country' is but one thing is for sure, you won’t find it marked on any map. To traditionalists the Black Country is the area where the 30ft coal seam comes to the surface - so embraces West Bromwich, Oldbury, Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Old Hill, Bilston, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesfield and parts of Halesowen, Wednesbury and Walsall: but not Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and Smethwick or what used to be known as Warley.....and certainly NOT Stoke (or Port Vale).

I was born in the West Midlands; but NOT in the 'Black Country'; nor am I a 'Brummie' (despite my accent). I have never lived in "Benefits Street" nor have I stayed at the Crossroads Motel; and "I don't wanna be a tree"........but I have met Jasper Carrot (a Bluenose) and am proud of my heritage; allegedly conceived in the car park at Villa Park. Not grammatically sure if I can claim to be the 'cultural attache' or 'culture attache' in exile - but it was God's own country and where our future King has his heart .....until that pagan Lambert moved in.

But up my mighty adopted U's.....I love em!

Noah. I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

I have no excuse especially as I used to live in Telford and have been to Vale Park in the Potteries many times to watch Col U.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 04:34 - Feb 11 with 720 viewswessex_exile

Any news whether there's a pitch inspection planned, or is everyone just waiting to see what the weather will do? I see they're expecting rain this morning, but drying up and even a bit of sunshine after that. Dare I even begin to hope...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 06:41 - Feb 11 with 711 viewsdurham_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 04:34 - Feb 11 by wessex_exile

Any news whether there's a pitch inspection planned, or is everyone just waiting to see what the weather will do? I see they're expecting rain this morning, but drying up and even a bit of sunshine after that. Dare I even begin to hope...

Wessex as I write the snow is falling in Durham, but the forecast is for better weather in the Midlands!

We can all hope that the U's are able to play this evening.

Up the weather beating U's

Durham_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 06:54 - Feb 11 with 710 viewsnoah4x4

Let's hope we beat more than the weather Durham.

I can't make tonight; but will be at Swindon; which is a particularly frustrating rearrangment.....

Many fan's buy cheap advanced rail tickets that are NON-refundable. I like travelling by rail; as one can have a beer (unlike the coach). It's a financial risk that you accept when icy weather threatens; but until this season; it was very rare to suffer a postponement for a waterlogged pitch; but one can't legislate for the weather.

But where a game has been rearranged at the last minute merely for the convienience of the HOME team/fans fixture schedule (as per Swindon v U's ); maybe the away team should compensate travelling away fans that have ALREADY lost money to the railway by this action and have to pay (now higher too) travel costs for a second time upon a different day? Perhaps a FREE match ticket might be in order?
Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 13:21 - Feb 11 with 691 viewswessex_exile

Valiant U's to enjoy their evening in the Potteries! on 06:41 - Feb 11 by durham_exile

Wessex as I write the snow is falling in Durham, but the forecast is for better weather in the Midlands!

We can all hope that the U's are able to play this evening.

Up the weather beating U's

Latest update from the Port Vale OWS...

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20140211-pitchinspection-1352940.aspx

...no inspection planned at this moment, and the message was posted after the worst of the weather had departed - we might be in luck!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024