Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March 23:33 - Feb 24 with 575 viewsBarsidepete

Arriving from Colchester in Brum late Monday (24th),.. so who is there, and where to stay on the cheap? ... Back to London Wednesday before a British Airways flight back to Wash DC, on Thursday 27th... Fish n chips, Scotch Eggs, Indian, etc,.. so what to do Monday night...? ... and Tuesday late after three point stolen from Wolves at the Molineux...?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March on 13:44 - Feb 25 with 547 viewsnoah4x4

Pete; by train; one can't get back to Colchester post match; unless early morning next day. That limits options for most of us traveling fans.

Hence; a few fans are staying overnight in a Travelodge near New Street Station, Birmingham; as Wolverhampton is comparatively dull on a Tuesday night (also; see below about drinking options).

Others (including me) are taking the CUSA bus'; as that seems to be the only option if one needs to get back promptly and don't consider driving as an option. Normally we would use the train.

I used to work in Wolverhampton and the pubs near the ground have always been distinctly away fan UN-friendly; which I gather remains so even today; despite generally improving fan relationships. The area is a bit salubrious and all will no doubt have door-step security to keep us out. I believe that the Walkabout in Queen Street is now the 'official' away fan watering hole; so that is our likely target destination. However; on recent form; the fan's bus won't arrive early enough for much of a pre-match beer session (if any); but if we have enough time; you may catch us there. Otherwise Bank's ales are available in the ground and are fairly decent even in a can (the Mild is especially good).
Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March on 06:24 - Mar 3 with 494 viewsBarsidepete

Excellent insight, thank you, Noah:) .. Now let me rephrase that...

We are about to be hit with a half foot of snow here in Virginia just west of Washington. Looks like a two day standby beyond Wednesday's booked British Airways plane out, so perhaps a more viable departure from the states, out Sunday? then arriving Monday morning red-eye. So plans keep changing...

If someone would like to pre-purchase my ticket for ColU at Wolves, that would simplify that portion at the tail end of my trip over. (Then down to London, Wednesday, 26th March.) .. Not feeling like a trip to Brum on a whim late if no one is there to meet up with, mates. Just saying:)

*would take the train up Monday and continue on to London Weds, so two overnights. Although, suppose I could try for the bus up and then stay a night and etc.:)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 6:40]

Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March on 10:50 - Mar 3 with 469 viewsnoah4x4

Try a parachute Pete;.

Then when you see a huge yellow B & Q in Stafford; jump and allow the breeze to waft you into the 'Walkabout.'
Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March on 04:18 - Mar 8 with 409 viewsBarsidepete

Who is At Wolves Thread, Tues 25th March on 10:50 - Mar 3 by noah4x4

Try a parachute Pete;.

Then when you see a huge yellow B & Q in Stafford; jump and allow the breeze to waft you into the 'Walkabout.'

You realize this isn't helping, right, Noah?;)

Panners has mused about going, driving up, but that feels like a stretch at this point. I'm leaning more towards glass half empty right now. Not realistic on a whim.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024