Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today 09:11 - Mar 15 with 398 viewsdurham_exile

JD takes his massively underachieving charges to Broadfield Stadium today to play a vital game against Crawley.

I say underachieving, because with Walker, Magnus, Eastmond, Watt, Massey, Ibehre we have 6 players who surely would play in any league one team regularly.

Frankly this is a match that the U’s must win. The disappointment and manner of the defeat against Bradford (a team that since they sold Wells to the Terriers has not been a patch on their early season form) was all the more disturbing because of our lack of effective forward play. The match at Valley Parade earlier saw the U's deservedly play out a 2-2 draw.

Our home form is simply not good enough. Enough said.

It seems that JD has no money even for a loanee striker (fish and chip money) beluga caviar perhaps!!! and in truth at this stage of the season who would move? Therefore he must stick with the squad that he has at his disposal. The faithful demand an improved performance.

Having watched the excellent performances at Oldham and Carlisle, I have been as mystified as the rest as to the appalling drop in form and despite the apparent bad luck in some of the games our points haul has been shocking.

Some argue that progress has been made; there is little evidence on the field. There may be four worse teams in league one, but we are still dicing perilously close to the relegation zone and that is not good enough.

Now much has been made of our developing youngsters. If they good enough they are old enough. So let us see more of them on the field of play.

Now Sesay has only seen a few minutes of first team action and should be considered for some of the vital last games.

JD has a back four which has picked itself otherwise the other places should be up for grabs;

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Dickson

Eastmond Bean

Massey Sears Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Sesay, Wright, Gilbey, Olufemi, Vose, Bonne

My next game is Notts County away; let us hope that the U’s can embark upon another decent consistent run of positive results before that and starting today.

Sanchez says that only a win today is good enough and I totally agree.

We do not want to approach the last three games needing six points to be safe.

Safe journey to travelling U’s

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 10:14 - Mar 15 with 387 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Christ! What's happened Durham? Where's the positive mental attitude gone? Personally I hope Vose starts today.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 14:45 - Mar 15 with 375 viewsdurham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 10:14 - Mar 15 by RSCOSWORTH

Christ! What's happened Durham? Where's the positive mental attitude gone? Personally I hope Vose starts today.

RS an element of realism.

We simply must win today. The performances must improve and we need to score some goals.

My optimism for Col U never wanes, but I have adopted a pragmatic view and I'm afraid the results since Jan 18 have not been good enough!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 14:48 - Mar 15 with 374 viewsdurham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 14:45 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

RS an element of realism.

We simply must win today. The performances must improve and we need to score some goals.

My optimism for Col U never wanes, but I have adopted a pragmatic view and I'm afraid the results since Jan 18 have not been good enough!

Up the U's

Team to start:

44 Walker
20 Wilson
03 Dickson
02 Wright
04 Okuonghae
18 Eastman
15 Bean
06 Eastmond
17 Ibehre
11 Sears
07 Watt

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 15:48 - Mar 15 with 373 viewsdurham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 14:48 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

Team to start:

44 Walker
20 Wilson
03 Dickson
02 Wright
04 Okuonghae
18 Eastman
15 Bean
06 Eastmond
17 Ibehre
11 Sears
07 Watt

Up the U's

HT Losing 1-0

Unfortunately a familiar score line these days!

Come on the U's

You are better than this!!!!!

Durham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 17:02 - Mar 15 with 369 viewsdurham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 15:48 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

HT Losing 1-0

Unfortunately a familiar score line these days!

Come on the U's

You are better than this!!!!!

Absolutely shocking - time to spend the fish and chip money!

Disgraceful result once again.

Up the beleaguered U's

Durham_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 17:14 - Mar 15 with 368 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We may not have forced their keeper to make a save but we did hit the bar and the post. Progress?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 21:40 - Mar 15 with 339 viewswessex_exile

Broadfield Stadium for JD and his charges today on 17:14 - Mar 15 by RSCOSWORTH

We may not have forced their keeper to make a save but we did hit the bar and the post. Progress?

Not really - they were good efforts, but very much flashes in the pan. No real penetration at all against a distinctly average Crawley, we had a half-decent spell early in the second half, but not much else otherwise. I will be interested to see their goal though, as I reckon not one but two Crawley players were a long way offside - but, these things happen, and even if the nearside linesman had a shocker, you're not going to bounce back from that unless you actually carve out some chances of your own.

Ho hum, two winnable games at home to come, which if we do should see us more or less safe.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024