Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Round of 16 final round-up 07:45 - Mar 19 with 445 viewswessex_exile

A thrilling climax to the Round of 16 has seen a real dogfight for many of the qualification places - here's the round-up.

Group A
-----------------------
Sector4 maintained his unstoppable form, getting Arsenal's consolation away win spot-on, to finish with 19pts (and FIVE spot-ons!), easily enough to win the group, and register the highest points total of all four groups. The real battle was for the second qualification place, with MFB squeezing home ahead of Tropical U's on the last night with both outcomes correct. Commiserations must go to Tropical though, 12pts with 2 spot-ons would have been easily enough to qualify in any other group.

1} Sector4 5/4 (+5) 19pts
2} MFB_cufc 2/7 (+4) 13pts
3} Tropical_Us 2/6 (+2) 12pts

Group B
-----------------------
Five points in the last week, including the Atletico Madrid result spot-on, was enough for The Net to ease home as champion of the group. Sevebalo and Thrillseeker went at it tooth and nail for the second qualification place, with Thrillseeker's Arsenal 2-0 win enough to claim second place, one point ahead of Sevebalo.

1} The Net 2/5 (+5) 11pts
2} Thrillseeker 1/5 (+5) 8pts
3} Sevebalo 0/7 (+2) 7pts

Group C
-----------------------
Although his form faltered a bit after a storming set of results from the first legs, Pete had enough left in the tank to coast home as champion of the group, picking up the Barca home win outcome last night in the process. Gate gave him a decent fight for top spot though, with a very solid four out of four outcomes this week to come a very close second, putting paid to any chance that Mr Happy, firing blanks for the last week, might challenge for qualification.

1} Barsidepete 2/6 (+2) 12pts
2} Gate16 1/8 (+4) 11pts
3} Mr Happy 1/3 (+0) 6pts

Group D
-----------------------
With BnW missing out for the first week entirely, it was always going to be difficult to predict anything other than GSY and RS qualification. GSY earned the winner's slot, with a very commendable 14pts (second only to Sector4), eight of which were earned over the second legs of the competition, to keep himself comfortably ahead of RS in second spot, who has picked up a steady 2 outcomes per week over the second legs. Commiserations to BnW, a late flurry with both the Atletico Madrid and Arsenal outcomes wasn't enough to challenge for qualification.

1} GSY163 3/5 (+3) 14pts
2} RSCosworth 1/6 (+2) 9pts
3} BluenWightExile 0/3 (+2) 3pts

So, the two Groups of 4 for the Quarter-finals are as follows:

Group 1
-----------------------
Sector4 (Winner Group A)
Thrillseeker (Runner-up Group B)
BarsidePete (Winner Group C)
RSCosworth (Runner-up Group D)

Group 2
-----------------------
MFB_cufc (Runner-up Group A)
The Net (Winner Group B)
Gate16 (Runner-up Group C)
GSY163 (Winner Group D)

Fixtures to be posted in due course - good luck everyone!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League - Round of 16 final round-up on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 423 viewsmrhappy

I'm glad to be out - i need to concentrate on winning the

GOLDEN CHALICE.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

U'sual Champions League - Round of 16 final round-up on 14:13 - Mar 19 with 420 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League - Round of 16 final round-up on 14:02 - Mar 19 by mrhappy

I'm glad to be out - i need to concentrate on winning the

GOLDEN CHALICE.

Indeed. Alas, To be in this group, yikes. I hope it's top 3 in each group advance

edit: what will be a tie-breaker if needed because you've been mum bout that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 15:29]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024