Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sammy S 10:26 - May 6 with 2236 viewsburnsieespana

If Sammy does leave us will we be entitled to fee unless of course he goes to Scotland like his mate Wright?
Sammy S on 10:45 - May 6 with 2230 viewswessex_exile

As he’ll still be under 24, the short answer is yes, and given we have been developing since he was 7, it ought to be a reasonable sum.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/item/determining-the-level-of-compensat

If a payment can’t be agreed between the two clubs, it goes to a tribunal. It’s also important to emphasise that any payment will have nothing to do with the perceived worth/value of a player, just a reflection of the level of investment in Sammy from Colchester United.

We will even get a payment if he moves to a club outside England, provided that club is governed by FIFA, but those fees are very formulaic and usually considerably less generous than the training compensation payments.

Simple solution Sammy, sign another contract please chap, and let’s see where we are come January :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Sammy S on 16:08 - May 6 with 2188 viewsbwildered

Top scorer, 15 goals and with most assists, eight . Let's hope does not depart and end up being a all to regular on another's bench . Team and club will miss his commitment and emphasim on the pitch .
Best wishes for the future .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Sammy S on 16:36 - May 6 with 2185 viewsmfb_cufc

I don't think it is cut and dried that he will be leaving. I heard he could have gone to Bristol City in the last transfer window, but he chose to stay. Not sure if the club have offered him a new contract - a bit strange if they haven't - and if so why hasn't he signed it. Personally I wouldn't mind if he left. Yes, he scores his fair share of goals, but if he is not scoring he doesn't offer a lot else. His lack of strength is probably his biggest weakness, and I think he would struggle at Championship level. But if one of the many clubs rumoured to be interested in him pay us £500,000+ that is good business, especially if the money is used to buy replacements.

mfb

Sammy S on 00:29 - Jul 31 with 1770 viewswessex_exile

Bumping this with some 1st hand feedback. I work closely with a Bristol City supporter, who in his own words has described Sammie as “the real deal”. My next door neighbour works for FGR, and saw their pre-season friendly against Brizzle, and reckoned Sammie was the best player on the park by a country mile. Gutted for us, but delighted for Sammie - hope he keeps it up (and hope we’ve got a sell-on clause too).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Sammy S on 09:14 - Jul 31 with 1746 viewsdurham_exile

Sammy S on 00:29 - Jul 31 by wessex_exile

Bumping this with some 1st hand feedback. I work closely with a Bristol City supporter, who in his own words has described Sammie as “the real deal”. My next door neighbour works for FGR, and saw their pre-season friendly against Brizzle, and reckoned Sammie was the best player on the park by a country mile. Gutted for us, but delighted for Sammie - hope he keeps it up (and hope we’ve got a sell-on clause too).

Wessex whilst I am delighted for SS, they were brought down to earth against Crystal Palace at the weekend.

Let us seee how they fare against Leeds united at the weekend.

The best business was securing 750k for SS.

I'm more concerned about our lack of strikepower.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Sammy S on 22:27 - Dec 27 with 1444 viewsdurham_exile

The Rams are looking to sign Sammie Szmodics on loan from Bristol City.

Szmodics would certainly benefit from playing regular football rather than languishing in the reserves.

At least he won't be joining the farmers.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Sammy S on 18:21 - Jan 16 with 1332 viewsghughes11

Sammy S on 22:27 - Dec 27 by durham_exile

The Rams are looking to sign Sammie Szmodics on loan from Bristol City.

Szmodics would certainly benefit from playing regular football rather than languishing in the reserves.

At least he won't be joining the farmers.

UTU's

Gone on loan to Peterborough according to the Daily Gazette
https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18165553.former-colchester-united-hero-samm

The 24-year-old has signed for the rest of the season and goes straight into the squad for Saturday’s League One trip to AFC Wimbledon.

Regular football and a chance to knock Ipswich down a peg or two!

C'mon Sammie

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Sammy S on 20:19 - Jan 16 with 1314 viewsmfb_cufc

He should have joined Peterborough in the summer when they wanted to sign him. Though for some reason he doesn't seem to be given a chance at Bristol City. If the loan proves to be a success I can see him signing a permanent deal at Peterborough.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Sammy S on 23:10 - Jan 16 with 1295 viewsdurham_exile

Sammy S on 20:19 - Jan 16 by mfb_cufc

He should have joined Peterborough in the summer when they wanted to sign him. Though for some reason he doesn't seem to be given a chance at Bristol City. If the loan proves to be a success I can see him signing a permanent deal at Peterborough.

I wonder how much of the £750K outlay for SS - Bristol City will recoup if the Posh do sign him permanently.

Of course we could be playing at London Road next season anyway so will be reunited with SS on at least two occasions.

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024