Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's 6 Heybridge 0 18:54 - Jul 14 with 697 viewsnoah4x4

U's line up seemed to be 4-6-0 and it worked!
I was rubbing my eyes. Are we Spain in disguise?
Nobody obvious leading the line - but somebody was always doing so.
(First half).

JJ O'Toole in front of a solid back four - then Sears tormenting on the left and Duiguid and Hendo on the right. Sears (2) and Hendo (2) put us 4-0 up by the half hour. Duiguid, Rose, Bond and O'Toole also had first half shots on target that required fine saves. It was as though JJ was the only permanent midfielder and the rest (of the forwards) alternatively played striker or midfield. Each spending more time in midfield, but we always did seem to have somebody in the box

Second half, 11 substitutions (mainly youth). Much calmer. Marcus Bean looked excellent. Tofin Ofen' looked good and two super goals. But for me the second half star was Jackson Ramm. Age 19, 38 premier league reserve appearances for Blackburn, England U 18. How on earth have we landed him on trial? Sign him now JW!
U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 09:05 - Jul 15 with 673 viewsdurham_exile

Noah, thanks for the report especially on the progress of young Jackson Ramm.

if the formation is to be 4-5-1 again, will we benefit from the addition of another striker as a target man or another nippy forward?

Good to hear about Marcus Bean and the news that Magnus is back.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 17:17 - Jul 15 with 653 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks Noah for doing the report.
Having now seen the teams played in each half do you think any significant about the two formations?
Good to see some of the younger members of the squad getting involved.
U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 19:09 - Jul 15 with 645 viewsnoah4x4

U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 17:17 - Jul 15 by burnsieespana

Thanks Noah for doing the report.
Having now seen the teams played in each half do you think any significant about the two formations?
Good to see some of the younger members of the squad getting involved.

What was significant was the first half team was a very mature and experienced U's side. But did included young Aldred and Sears (who both did well).

Second was the complete reverse - all the youngsters (including Eastman) except for John White and Marcus Bean. It was a though John Ward was deliberately trying to expose a few people and trying things.

First half was (sorta!) 4-6-0. Second 4-5-1. But Freddie Lapado struggled leading the line in the latter. I came away very encouraged.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 22:14 - Jul 15 with 633 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 19:09 - Jul 15 by noah4x4

What was significant was the first half team was a very mature and experienced U's side. But did included young Aldred and Sears (who both did well).

Second was the complete reverse - all the youngsters (including Eastman) except for John White and Marcus Bean. It was a though John Ward was deliberately trying to expose a few people and trying things.

First half was (sorta!) 4-6-0. Second 4-5-1. But Freddie Lapado struggled leading the line in the latter. I came away very encouraged.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

John White is hardly ancient!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 07:12 - Jul 16 with 628 viewsnoah4x4

U's 6 Heybridge 0 on 22:14 - Jul 15 by RSCOSWORTH

John White is hardly ancient!

True by the typical age of us boarders - but he was pretty 'senior' to the lads we had out in the second half (except Marcus Bean).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024