Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I told 'em Oldham the first time battery - Latics in town 10:01 - Dec 8 with 873 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United fresh from their enforced two week break take on another inform team in Paul Dickov’s Latics this afternoon at the WHCS.

JD having presided over an informative and honest assessment of Colchester's recent run of form will be keen to get the U’s back to winning ways.

Oldham come on the back of a decent run of games including an impressive defeat of Doncaster in the FA Cup. Now it all began to go wrong for Colchester against the Clarets and the consistency of performance that JD initially instilled needs to be rekindled.

In a brief respite from the cold weather, Colchester would do well to play a strong team and be positive from the start.

JD is able to welcome back Jabo Ibehre who was sorely missed at Stadium MK. The ineffectual Clinton Morrison will surely drop to the bench.

Kem Izzet and Matt Heath are still unavailable and Gavin Massey has not done himself any favours by being red carded and effectively missing all matches up to Christmas.

Mark Cousins is back in contention after John Sullivan’s return to Charlton.

The defence has been criticised for recnt errors but it can always be argued that the strikers should do more by converting chances.

Therefore JD may go as follows in a 4-3-3 formation:

Cousins

Wilson Magnus Eastman Rose

Eastmond Bean Woody

Hendo Ibehre Sears

Subs:

Potts White Thompson O’Toole Morrison Gilbey Wright

It is a judgement call on the formation because the option to play Thompson and Potts at the back will be in JD’s mind but I believe he will return to a formation and team line up that initially worked very well.

Make no mistake this is a vital match with much to play for. Crowds have been suffering and the Christmas shopping will be on many people’s minds and pockets this weekend. This may not yet be a must win but it is certainly a must not lose.

JD has already hinted that January will bring changes with playing staff coming and going. A good pre-Christmas is essential to encourage potential suitors that CUFC is a good bet and the place to showcase young talent.

We miss Sanchez Watt and if there is the remotest chance that when fit he could return, then things will definitely be looking up.

In the meantime, three points is the order of the day .

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham the first time battery - Latics in town on 13:12 - Dec 8 with 858 viewsnoah4x4

Durham, Joe Dunne confirmed on Monday Sanchez Watt is injured and (probably) out for the season.

However, he is then out if contract......
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
I told 'em Oldham the first time battery - Latics in town on 23:40 - Dec 8 with 811 viewsdurham_exile

I told 'em Oldham the first time battery - Latics in town on 13:12 - Dec 8 by noah4x4

Durham, Joe Dunne confirmed on Monday Sanchez Watt is injured and (probably) out for the season.

However, he is then out if contract......
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Noah thanks.

Now why did Craig Eastmond not play or appear on the bench today.

We desperately need his quality and fast.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

I told 'em Oldham the first time battery - Latics in town on 11:22 - Dec 9 with 799 viewsnoah4x4

Eastmond injured in training - I believe could be three to six weeks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024