Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE & MY MESSAGE THIS YEAR IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS ! 00:30 - Dec 21 with 553 viewsmrhappy

"Jesus is Lord" !!

Now, not wanting to upset the atheists on here, I have a quotation, and I want to see if anyone has the interpretation.

Madame Jeanne Guyon is regarded as one of the most influential Christian women of all time.

A catholic who was loved most by protestants....or as comedian Frank Carson used to say, too many Catholics, too many protestants, NOT enough Christians ! (its the way I tell 'em)

Now she said, "THERE ARE MANY WHO ARE WILLING TO BEAR THE CROSS.....BUT ALMOST NONE THE INFAMY"

what did she mean.

prize for the best answer in my opinion.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE & MY MESSAGE THIS YEAR IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS ! on 08:32 - Dec 21 with 545 viewsdurham_exile

Now I should say from the outset that I had not learnt about Jeanne Marie Bouvier de la Motte Guyon before.

I note that she also said "We must forget ourselves and all self-interest, and listen, and be attentive to God".

As someone was was persecuted for her faith and ideas, she might have meant that we must bear the difficulties that life throws at us with strength and patience but not many can tolerate the abuse or persecution that often accompanies it.

Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE & MY MESSAGE THIS YEAR IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS ! on 22:59 - Dec 21 with 522 viewsmrhappy

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE & MY MESSAGE THIS YEAR IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS ! on 08:32 - Dec 21 by durham_exile

Now I should say from the outset that I had not learnt about Jeanne Marie Bouvier de la Motte Guyon before.

I note that she also said "We must forget ourselves and all self-interest, and listen, and be attentive to God".

As someone was was persecuted for her faith and ideas, she might have meant that we must bear the difficulties that life throws at us with strength and patience but not many can tolerate the abuse or persecution that often accompanies it.

Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Up the U's

that is a super answer mate, so along with your Football ticket - you will also get 10 pound CASH to spend at the game for programme and burger ! x well done x

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024