Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wirral looking forward to three points at Prenton Park on saturday 21:47 - Nov 28 with 725 viewsdurham_exile

JD takes his charges to Prenton Park on Saturday buoyed by a superb point at PNE and a morale boosting win against the Franchise.

Now Tranmere sell one of the best Fanzines (£2) and the banter with the seller is always worthwhile. A really good read and quality articles.

Back to back wins will cement the U’s in mid table and we will be able to eye up the play offs with a good points haul in December.

Loan deadline day has seen another two loanees arrive, winger Blair Turgott from West Ham and utility player Ben Tozer from Northampton.
Recent injuries have left the U’s with a paper thin squad so both offer something for the team.

If Craig Eastmond and Marcus Bean do not recover in time for the Wirral trip, I expect the team to look something like this in a 4, 2, 3, 1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Eastman Magnus Dickson

Bond David Wright

Gilbey Vose Garbutt

Ibehre

Subs:
Cousins, Olufemi, Tozer, Turgott, Bonne, Szmodics, Morrison

If Craig and Marcus are fit then both will play instead of Bond and Vose.
Expect Bonne, Turgott and Szmodics to get some substitute game time.

I feel very positive about Saturday; we must keep the consistency going.

Safe journey to the travelling U’s faithful,
Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Wirral looking forward to three points at Prenton Park on saturday on 06:28 - Nov 29 with 706 viewswessex_exile

Cheers Durham, leaving this afternoon for an evening visiting friends and the U's for me and my mate (who supports Tranmere) tomorrow - may see you there then?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wirral looking forward to three points at Prenton Park on saturday on 21:09 - Dec 1 with 618 viewswessex_exile

Well that was a thoroughly frustrating match - great to see you there Durham, but a dispiriting afternoon otherwise. Enough chances to win comfortably, but school boy defending to the point that we could have lost far more emphatically than we did. Our late consolation was probably fair after the hatful of missed sitters, pity I'd already made a dash halfway through injury time in the hope that Chris could get me to Warrington in time for the slightly earlier train home, so I can't comment on that one (but I gather Clinton took it well).

Other points of note - another shocking performance from the officials, particularly 'our' linesman, but don't think there was any debate about the penalty. Chris commented that as far as he was concerned one of their players committed two cynical yellow card challenges second half, but didn't receive one.

Heyho, onwards and upwards.

P.S. Chris got me to Warrington with 2 minutes to spare, vindicating the decision to leave with one minute of injury time still to play...

...pity the train was delayed by 15 minutes thanks to someone jumping onto the tracks further up the line then :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wirral looking forward to three points at Prenton Park on saturday on 23:56 - Dec 1 with 603 viewsdurham_exile

Wirral looking forward to three points at Prenton Park on saturday on 21:09 - Dec 1 by wessex_exile

Well that was a thoroughly frustrating match - great to see you there Durham, but a dispiriting afternoon otherwise. Enough chances to win comfortably, but school boy defending to the point that we could have lost far more emphatically than we did. Our late consolation was probably fair after the hatful of missed sitters, pity I'd already made a dash halfway through injury time in the hope that Chris could get me to Warrington in time for the slightly earlier train home, so I can't comment on that one (but I gather Clinton took it well).

Other points of note - another shocking performance from the officials, particularly 'our' linesman, but don't think there was any debate about the penalty. Chris commented that as far as he was concerned one of their players committed two cynical yellow card challenges second half, but didn't receive one.

Heyho, onwards and upwards.

P.S. Chris got me to Warrington with 2 minutes to spare, vindicating the decision to leave with one minute of injury time still to play...

...pity the train was delayed by 15 minutes thanks to someone jumping onto the tracks further up the line then :-(

Wessex great to see you on Saturday.
Glad you managed to get on the early train.

Clinton did take his goal well but it was too little too late.

My next game is Boundary Park on 21 December. Oldham in the snow perhaps!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024