Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? 16:02 - Mar 24 with 421 viewsBarsidepete

As I'm stepping down from the HGPL, and WESSEX_EXILE admins the excellent Champions League, is there an interest in a lower-tiered Europa League PL later this year?

I have a few notions how to facilitate this .. and it would involve a pick-6 format only, ..well, until we run dry of games to select from, as everyone knows what I mean.. (Spurs, for instance,.. apologies, Daniel

Would begin in autumn.. Fixtures would be based on the most intriguing ones (not those we sometimes think "how ridiculously obscure" and one has to look on a map afterwards because we think, er,.. where and who?? .. never all of the available ones on the board until we run out of options, then, to follow Wessex's format, "in the hat" and such for final groups..

I know this is early days, but am interested if I should get that going, meaning plan for it..

NO qualification required--meaning not even a participation in the HGPL--merely an interest. So not dependent on table position in the traditional Happy Grumpy League..

If you think you may partcipate, post here or Inbox/PM me ..

MRHAPPY and I will collaborate on which fixtures..
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 16:12]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 18:40 - Mar 24 with 394 viewswessex_exile

Not sure if I've got the stamina for another per season competition thing Pete, but I'd definitely be interested in a one-off World Cup event if you've got time on your hands?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 00:41 - Mar 25 with 378 viewsBarsidepete

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 18:40 - Mar 24 by wessex_exile

Not sure if I've got the stamina for another per season competition thing Pete, but I'd definitely be interested in a one-off World Cup event if you've got time on your hands?

The World Cup? .. No, you can do that if you want to. This was about a minor Europa League versus in relation to the Champions league. You want to do a WC comp? that's on you.. Personally, not interested. Will participate if you create one. But it won't be me .... England eliminated in the group stage and the US onward to the one-offs.

Was that your question?

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 12:08 - Mar 25 with 365 viewsnoah4x4

I would support a one-off World Cup League; but am not enthusiastic about a Europa League.

Given what knowledge I have of typical Europa League participants this might as well be pin sticking in the Isle of Skye Division Two (and as for my geography...where exactly is "Europa")?
Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 13:52 - Mar 25 with 360 viewsBarsidepete

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 12:08 - Mar 25 by noah4x4

I would support a one-off World Cup League; but am not enthusiastic about a Europa League.

Given what knowledge I have of typical Europa League participants this might as well be pin sticking in the Isle of Skye Division Two (and as for my geography...where exactly is "Europa")?

That was my point, Noah, a Europa league without the drama of wondering who was playing that week.. not a club from where versus whom..

Actually clubs you can recognize like when Daniel and I attended Spurs v Benfica recently.

If there is not enough interest, that's fine. Was just wondering :)

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 18:41 - Mar 25 with 342 viewswessex_exile

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 12:08 - Mar 25 by noah4x4

Noah - if you and others are up for it I'll give some thought to a low-maintenance bit of World Cup fun - probably a bit more 'sweep-stake' than prediction league format.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 19:38 - Mar 25 with 331 viewsBarsidepete

Question, The U'sual Grumpy Europa League PL 2014/15? on 18:41 - Mar 25 by wessex_exile

Noah - if you and others are up for it I'll give some thought to a low-maintenance bit of World Cup fun - probably a bit more 'sweep-stake' than prediction league format.

Oh I see, just saw the other thread.

We should have a go at that
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 20:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024