Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View 22:14 - Mar 14 with 1038 viewsnoah4x4

Words (almost) escape me.

We battered them and still lost....

Three errors; three goals conceded.... say no more...

Have never been to Accrington on a Tuesday night..... see you there....
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 23:32 - Mar 14 with 1016 viewsBarsidepete

That's about all I would say.

Cheers for a short "view." This is getting ugly and stupid, what's happening>

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 08:58 - Mar 15 with 969 viewsthrillseeker

Noah - I wouldn't say we battered them. We were marginally the better of the 2 teams yet we lose.
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 963 viewsnoah4x4

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 08:58 - Mar 15 by thrillseeker

Noah - I wouldn't say we battered them. We were marginally the better of the 2 teams yet we lose.

It was more a reference to the last ten minutes. But across 90 + 4 minutes;

U's won 12 corners to their 1
U's had 15 shots to their 8
U's had 9 on target to their 4

Did Mcleod 'dive' for the penalty? Having watched the replay multiple times I think yes....and why was Walker only yellow carded? Mcleod had lost the ball (hence not a certain goal scoring opportunity) dived and cheated. As for Crawleys first attempt (that hit the post) just how far offside does a player have to be before a linesman flags?

A bad day at the office; we deserved at least a point; but that's football. We can still get out of this, but even I am now seeing the fat lady warming up.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 9:15]
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 09:51 - Mar 15 with 950 viewsthrillseeker

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 09:14 - Mar 15 by noah4x4

It was more a reference to the last ten minutes. But across 90 + 4 minutes;

U's won 12 corners to their 1
U's had 15 shots to their 8
U's had 9 on target to their 4

Did Mcleod 'dive' for the penalty? Having watched the replay multiple times I think yes....and why was Walker only yellow carded? Mcleod had lost the ball (hence not a certain goal scoring opportunity) dived and cheated. As for Crawleys first attempt (that hit the post) just how far offside does a player have to be before a linesman flags?

A bad day at the office; we deserved at least a point; but that's football. We can still get out of this, but even I am now seeing the fat lady warming up.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 9:15]

McLeod was already on his way down before Walker got near him but he knew he would get the penalty as Walker had to make the effort to get ball.

I still believe but I fear the fat lady will be singing loudly if we do not get 3pts against Yeovil.
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 13:03 - Mar 15 with 923 viewsColukev

I wish I shared your belief. Even the most optimistic colu fan cannot seriously think there's anyway out?? Coventry and Notts County will pick up points along the way.

We need them to lose 90% of their remaining games...and even then that relies on us winning...which is an impossible task in itself.

The worst thing about the situation is there will be no change for the U's in league 2. What's the point having great youth and training facilities in league 2...or worse yet, the conference. Sammy, Tom and maccauly will all be pushed around by your akinfenwa's and the like.

Humes, whilst shouldn't be the complete scapegoat, should never have been appointed. When your fighting for your lives, the last thing we needed was a guy who had never managed a senior side full time. His tactics, substitutions and team talks, are woeful as are the players attitudes.

Biggest mistake was getting rid of the old boys. While bean was never a great footballer, he had a presence and always seemed to be involved at the right times.

Whilst I will carry on cheering colu on...words cannot describe my anger, frustration and disappointment.

For what it's worth...even before yesterday's game I couldn't see us getting clear of trouble...which also reflects in my view that crawley will also be relegated; despite picking up the 3 points.

4 wins and 2 draws at home?? Cowling wonders why the crowds are so low?? Tell me one thing he has done to bring more bodies through the gates. I would rather see the first team strengthened with the money that has gone into the youth academy. It will now all be wasted on our journey downwards. Even in league 2 I cannot see how our budget will match any of the top half of teams at least!

Up the U's.
U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 13:10 - Mar 15 with 920 viewsBarsidepete

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 13:03 - Mar 15 by Colukev

I wish I shared your belief. Even the most optimistic colu fan cannot seriously think there's anyway out?? Coventry and Notts County will pick up points along the way.

We need them to lose 90% of their remaining games...and even then that relies on us winning...which is an impossible task in itself.

The worst thing about the situation is there will be no change for the U's in league 2. What's the point having great youth and training facilities in league 2...or worse yet, the conference. Sammy, Tom and maccauly will all be pushed around by your akinfenwa's and the like.

Humes, whilst shouldn't be the complete scapegoat, should never have been appointed. When your fighting for your lives, the last thing we needed was a guy who had never managed a senior side full time. His tactics, substitutions and team talks, are woeful as are the players attitudes.

Biggest mistake was getting rid of the old boys. While bean was never a great footballer, he had a presence and always seemed to be involved at the right times.

Whilst I will carry on cheering colu on...words cannot describe my anger, frustration and disappointment.

For what it's worth...even before yesterday's game I couldn't see us getting clear of trouble...which also reflects in my view that crawley will also be relegated; despite picking up the 3 points.

4 wins and 2 draws at home?? Cowling wonders why the crowds are so low?? Tell me one thing he has done to bring more bodies through the gates. I would rather see the first team strengthened with the money that has gone into the youth academy. It will now all be wasted on our journey downwards. Even in league 2 I cannot see how our budget will match any of the top half of teams at least!

Up the U's.

Well said, Kev.

Even Noah was at loss for words to do a longer report.

And that's saying something for the u'sual verbose Noah.

It will brighten on the field, but maybe not this term. We cannot dwell. Onward.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 14:14 - Mar 15 with 905 viewsBluenWightExile

Little to disagree with there KEV - well conveyed. Another true supporter - hurting.

Agree Durham - YES you are right. We do not seem good enough.

Thank you NOAH4x4 - I respect the emotions behind the shorter report and that the fat lady is quietly singing.

I've not totally given up actually Durham but more or less. There has been no growth, no improvement in 4-5 months.

I am sad because as KEV and others, myself included, have posted, Div 2 will be difficult for the good youngsters we have. The bullies in the lower league are always effective. Portsmouth fans here go on about it [usually with reference to Wycum's lot]. We will have no Championship to gaze up at - more a Conference to fear.

And KEV, I too , am angry. Joe went when there was time to arrest a decline that was already 24 months old and well-known. I am convinced we could have improved.

One of the saddest things mentioned earlier is the lack of passion. There's been little evidence of fight from us. Inevitable - youth won't have experienced this situation and needed a Kevin Watson or two to help it out.

SO......PETE.................. YES....onward we go into next season but I do have a very disappointed feel about it all. It's been relegation without a whimper and I feel for our regular fans. As you say even NOAH4x4 has almost given up and could not write much as he has seen the same outcome and cause too many times.

Humbug

Pinault-noir

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 17:20 - Mar 15 with 869 viewsnoah4x4

A comment above....

"....would prefer Cowling to invest in First Team and not the youth Academy...".

When will people grasp that he cannot invest more in the senior playing/wage/transfer budget than permitted under Financial Fair Play Rules (% of revenue). How can we realistically compete consistently (year after year) with clubs like Bristol City and Blades? Even in the Championship we averaged gates under 6,000.

However, he can invest in under 21s, and if we lose them to other clubs we get guaranteed compensation; that may help us acquire senior players. The Academy is the ONLY thing that makes total sense.

I think two seasons in the Championship raised our aspirations beyond reason. We perhaps need to go down to release the pressure cooker of expectation.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 17:41]
Login to get fewer ads

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 13:56 - Mar 16 with 787 viewsdurham_exile

U.s 2 - 3 Crawley Noah's View on 14:14 - Mar 15 by BluenWightExile

Little to disagree with there KEV - well conveyed. Another true supporter - hurting.

Agree Durham - YES you are right. We do not seem good enough.

Thank you NOAH4x4 - I respect the emotions behind the shorter report and that the fat lady is quietly singing.

I've not totally given up actually Durham but more or less. There has been no growth, no improvement in 4-5 months.

I am sad because as KEV and others, myself included, have posted, Div 2 will be difficult for the good youngsters we have. The bullies in the lower league are always effective. Portsmouth fans here go on about it [usually with reference to Wycum's lot]. We will have no Championship to gaze up at - more a Conference to fear.

And KEV, I too , am angry. Joe went when there was time to arrest a decline that was already 24 months old and well-known. I am convinced we could have improved.

One of the saddest things mentioned earlier is the lack of passion. There's been little evidence of fight from us. Inevitable - youth won't have experienced this situation and needed a Kevin Watson or two to help it out.

SO......PETE.................. YES....onward we go into next season but I do have a very disappointed feel about it all. It's been relegation without a whimper and I feel for our regular fans. As you say even NOAH4x4 has almost given up and could not write much as he has seen the same outcome and cause too many times.

Humbug

Clearly until survival in league one is mathematically impossible we must keep the faith; but defeat to Crawley has hurt the club and anything less than a win against the Glovers and the Barside boys will be making nothing but a hu(i)shed whisper on Tuesday!

Last chance saloon on Tuesday night. Win or bust!

Frankly our home record is lamentable and ultimately has cost us a realistic chance of survival.

Remaining games:

We need to win 6 from 10 which after 4 consecutive defeats since that famous win against Bristol City looks beyond us. Still onward and upward.

Yeovil H
Gillingham A
Swindon H
Port Vale A
Barnsley H
Coventry A
Chesterfield A
Scunthorpe H
Fleetwood A
PNE H

6 wins, but where are they coming from?

Come on TH you will receive the freedom of Colchester if you can carry off this Houdini act.

Keep the faith.

Up the relegation threatened U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024