Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to fear from Port Vale 23:11 - Mar 28 with 663 viewsnoah4x4

With the U's game at Swindon postponed, five of the faithful treked down to Brisbane Road in the hope that Port Vale would defeat Orient in the home sides game in hand.

Port Vale (deservedly 0-1 up at the time) were initially robbed by a shocking decision. Mooney and Dagnall were each five yards off side, when a ball was fed through to an unchallenged Dagnall. Desperate keeper Neal brings down Dagnall; hence penalty and keeper sent off. Even when the U's don't play it seems to me that terrible officials will conspire to screw us. The same linesman then missed multiple other offisdes leading to a second penalty, but Mooney missed that

Port Vale replacement goalkeeper Sam Johnson looks very vulnerable (albeit he saved a poorly taken penalty). Vale's defence looked distinctly shaky from the outset and once down to ten men (remember at this stage it was merely 1-1) were ripped apart. Vale top scoreer Pope was anonymous and ultimately withdrawn, but we really need to snuff out the wide threat of Marshall. Port Vale look like a side lacking in confidence, and surprisingly their expectant fans are on their backs.

I reckon that we can win in the potteries. See you there.
Nothing to fear from Port Vale on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 638 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Good observations, couldn't see if it was offside but it was a penalty and has really cost us as Neal (the keeper) has been one of our best three players this season alongside Marshall and O'Connor who had a bad game yesterday.

Pope started the season brightly, got injured and since he's come back his form has been poor as has his goals return / conversion rate. He looks to be angling for a move away as he and the chairman have discussed his contract in public and he's recently come out and slated some of the idiots within our fanbase.

In terms of the fans I think its probably off the back of four straight defeats after such a good run which had us on the verge of the play offs. Its a shame in the modern era no-one has any patience nowadays.

Anyway good luck after Frriday, lets hope you escape and send that little team Crewe down! :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024