Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Sunday 18:51 - Apr 27 with 3133 viewsPNE_J

'Preston fan in peace and all that business'

Just want to say good luck against Swindon tomorrow and hopefully we both have something to celebrate on Sunday! A joint pitch invasion? ;D
Next Sunday on 19:00 - Apr 27 with 2297 viewsBarsidepete

That would be hilarious

Yup, first things first. That critical game in hand and there is nothing Swindon can do to improve from 4th place, nor any result that will hurt em.

So I'm hopeful they will rest players for fear of an unforeseen injury and The U's are, with 3 points, out of the relegation zone

How big a crowd you lot bringing to Cuckoo Farm, Sunday? It's got to be a big contingent. This one will be massive for the Lilywhites.

Not the Layer Fortress but the Weston Homes is a very nice stad. Keep in mind, the train station is just a short walk to the shuttle busses. That may simplify it for many of your supporters.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Next Sunday on 19:47 - Apr 27 with 2266 viewsdurham_exile

Next Sunday on 19:00 - Apr 27 by Barsidepete

That would be hilarious

Yup, first things first. That critical game in hand and there is nothing Swindon can do to improve from 4th place, nor any result that will hurt em.

So I'm hopeful they will rest players for fear of an unforeseen injury and The U's are, with 3 points, out of the relegation zone

How big a crowd you lot bringing to Cuckoo Farm, Sunday? It's got to be a big contingent. This one will be massive for the Lilywhites.

Not the Layer Fortress but the Weston Homes is a very nice stad. Keep in mind, the train station is just a short walk to the shuttle busses. That may simplify it for many of your supporters.

After Mark Cooper rested 7 players against the Lilywhites, he has already publically stated that he will field a strong team on Tuesday.

After all there is no point going into the play off Semi Final against the Blades having lost every recent game.

Still COL U will win tomorrow and then it is the big game against PNE.

Unfortunately I can't stand Grayson and we owe him so whilst wishing you well in the play offs there is only one winner for me on Sunday, the Super U's

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Next Sunday on 21:24 - Apr 27 with 2218 viewsNuttyPNE

Next Sunday on 19:00 - Apr 27 by Barsidepete

That would be hilarious

We have sold out our allocation of 3000 and many people have had to buy hospitality tickets because we can't get another allocation. Also a few hundred have also bought tickets for the home end. A lot of us are coming down Saturday and staying over. Can you recommended any places for a few pints?
Next Sunday on 21:38 - Apr 27 with 2195 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 21:24 - Apr 27 by NuttyPNE

We have sold out our allocation of 3000 and many people have had to buy hospitality tickets because we can't get another allocation. Also a few hundred have also bought tickets for the home end. A lot of us are coming down Saturday and staying over. Can you recommended any places for a few pints?

Nice. Bricklayers, the Norfolk, Victoria, the Albert. We're nice peeps. Anyone, feel free to add on. And hope we can do a double pitch invasion. This will be the oddest pitch invasion ever where we hug each other

Next Sunday on 01:44 - Apr 28 with 2125 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 21:24 - Apr 27 by NuttyPNE

Loads of good pubs in town for Saturday night. I don't doubt some of yours have booked tickets in the home stands, but the last time this happened (Norwich), and visiting fans broadcasted it on forums, the ticket office did a pretty good job of identifying them and cancelling sales before anything was posted - and the stewards likewise to eject just as many during the game. If you can sit on your hands and enjoy the game without showing yourselves you should be okay - more so should the result favour you more than us. Safe travelling, let's hope we're both celebrating on Sunday, anything but seeing the plastic mongs get promotion.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Next Sunday on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 2073 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 01:44 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Loads of good pubs in town for Saturday night. I don't doubt some of yours have booked tickets in the home stands, but the last time this happened (Norwich), and visiting fans broadcasted it on forums, the ticket office did a pretty good job of identifying them and cancelling sales before anything was posted - and the stewards likewise to eject just as many during the game. If you can sit on your hands and enjoy the game without showing yourselves you should be okay - more so should the result favour you more than us. Safe travelling, let's hope we're both celebrating on Sunday, anything but seeing the plastic mongs get promotion.

Plastic mongs, MkD?

Know what, Wes? At some point some of us need to stop slamming them, their supporters.

It's been a long while.

Wimbledon didn't back em. That is the plain hard truth.

And Wimbledon itself, a new generation of fans. I think we can move on, ok?

Next Sunday on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 2036 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 09:42 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

Plastic mongs, MkD?

Know what, Wes? At some point some of us need to stop slamming them, their supporters.

It's been a long while.

Wimbledon didn't back em. That is the plain hard truth.

And Wimbledon itself, a new generation of fans. I think we can move on, ok?

Not a chance Pete - I understand the concept of franchising isn't going to much of an issue to an American, but bollox to MK Dons, a plastic club who shouldn't exist, and who bought a league place that others spend a lifetime trying to earn. They are also responsible for the demise of two clubs, not one, Wimbledon FC and Milton Keynes City. If the good people of MK wanted football, they should have got behind their own non-league side, not left it to perish when the Mongs turned up.

So no, because it was a while ago doesn't make it right, nor does the fact the supporters of Wimbledon FC basically had to start from scratch with a new club right at the base of the football pyramid - ironically what Winkleman should have done. As for 'Wimbledon didn't back em', that's not the plain hard truth, that's plain hard naive, and demonstrates a total lack of any understanding regarding the circumstances leading up to what happened.

So no, we can move on, but not at the expense of allowing the passing of time to somehow make what happened acceptable, ok?

Up the U's

Next Sunday on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 1991 viewsdurham_exile

Next Sunday on 12:27 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Not a chance Pete - I understand the concept of franchising isn't going to much of an issue to an American, but bollox to MK Dons, a plastic club who shouldn't exist, and who bought a league place that others spend a lifetime trying to earn. They are also responsible for the demise of two clubs, not one, Wimbledon FC and Milton Keynes City. If the good people of MK wanted football, they should have got behind their own non-league side, not left it to perish when the Mongs turned up.

So no, because it was a while ago doesn't make it right, nor does the fact the supporters of Wimbledon FC basically had to start from scratch with a new club right at the base of the football pyramid - ironically what Winkleman should have done. As for 'Wimbledon didn't back em', that's not the plain hard truth, that's plain hard naive, and demonstrates a total lack of any understanding regarding the circumstances leading up to what happened.

So no, we can move on, but not at the expense of allowing the passing of time to somehow make what happened acceptable, ok?

I think that a COL U win against the Lilywhites and a Yeovil win against the Franchise is not far off the mark.

In those circumstances there could be a double pitch invasion on Sunday.

Some years ago in League Four - COL U defeated Bradford City 2-1 on the last day of the season; both clubs went up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Next Sunday on 15:24 - Apr 28 with 1967 viewsTheOldOakTree

A plastic town that stole someone else's football club.

Anyone who supports immoral activity deserves all the abuse they get, as far as I'm concerned.

We as native British are expected to be ashamed of everything our ancestors have ever done throughout the world, so I would estimate that Mongs supporters have at least another 200 years to go before they are forgiven.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 15:29]
Next Sunday on 16:21 - Apr 28 with 1943 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 15:24 - Apr 28 by TheOldOakTree

A plastic town that stole someone else's football club.

Anyone who supports immoral activity deserves all the abuse they get, as far as I'm concerned.

We as native British are expected to be ashamed of everything our ancestors have ever done throughout the world, so I would estimate that Mongs supporters have at least another 200 years to go before they are forgiven.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 15:29]

Ok, I understand the point Toot, and Wessex.

You see, I experienced the loss of the Oakland Raiders when they packed up and left for Los Angeles, although 10 years later they returned. I was one of the first ST holders when they did.

The San Diego Chargers are rumoured to fill the void of that giant metropolis of Los Angeles which shockingly enough does not have an NFL club.

When I was a young'un in the early 80's and Washington Redskins tickets were impossible to come by --although I did attend the Redskins v Cowboys NFC Championship, and ironically enough, the Raiders v Redskins Super Bowl in Tampa, Florida-- I tried to get a ST for the Baltimore Colts. Guess what? They were uprooted to Indianapolis right from under my feet.

There is a famous scene of lorries moving equipment away at night with falling snow.

My point was that there is now a generation of MK Dons fans who are being held responsible for something they had no part in. Fair do's, the complaints about MKD otherwise. That was bush league.

We have no relegation here. So the fact MK City, the non-league side, was not supported, you think anyone will support ColU if they fall into the Conference? Braintree may have more supporters then and ColU will enter administration.

Next Sunday on 16:29 - Apr 28 with 1939 viewsTheOldOakTree

Next Sunday on 16:21 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

You see, I experienced the loss of the Oakland Raiders when they packed up and left for Los Angeles, although 10 years later they returned. I was one of the first ST holders when they did.

The San Diego Chargers are rumoured to fill the void of that giant metropolis of Los Angeles which shockingly enough does not have an NFL club.

When I was a young'un in the early 80's and Washington Redskins tickets were impossible to come by --although I did attend the Redskins v Cowboys NFC Championship, and ironically enough, the Raiders v Redskins Super Bowl in Tampa, Florida-- I tried to get a ST for the Baltimore Colts. Guess what? They were uprooted to Indianapolis right from under my feet.

There is a famous scene of lorries moving equipment away at night with falling snow.

My point was that there is now a generation of MK Dons fans who are being held responsible for something they had no part in. Fair do's, the complaints about MKD otherwise. That was bush league.

We have no relegation here. So the fact MK City, the non-league side, was not supported, you think anyone will support ColU if they fall into the Conference? Braintree may have more supporters then and ColU will enter administration.

Forgiveness... ...you'll be asking us to celebrate July 4th next!

Next Sunday on 16:36 - Apr 28 with 1933 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 16:29 - Apr 28 by TheOldOakTree

Forgiveness... ...you'll be asking us to celebrate July 4th next!

Well why not?

You'd want a part of this, in hindsight?

You lot don't even want to be part of the EU?

I believe this thread has diverged off topic --reminds me of the old ancient Reading board, but that's another story

Next Sunday on 17:31 - Apr 28 with 1907 viewsTheOldOakTree

Next Sunday on 16:36 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

Well why not?

You'd want a part of this, in hindsight?

You lot don't even want to be part of the EU?

I believe this thread has diverged off topic --reminds me of the old ancient Reading board, but that's another story

Looking at the muppets we have standing for election, I would be happy to vote for becoming the 51st State, on one condition....

...we have Cameron Diaz as Governor.

Next Sunday on 20:12 - Apr 28 with 1852 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 16:21 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

As you may have gathered Pete, this is a subject I feel particularly strongly about (as do many many other football supporters throughout not just the UK, but probably the world).

Your first point - the franchising of Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes only worked because the people of Milton Keynes supported it, and continue to support it, so in my mind whether it was Mongs back then or Mongs now, they are all still accountable for making franchising work.

Do I think anyone will support Col U if we fall into the conference? I'm not sure if you'd affiliated yourself with us back then, so maybe you don't know that the support for Col U last time we were in the Conference was probably as strong as it has ever been before or since (maybe barring our brief appearance in the Championship). It would be no different should it happen again.

Up the U's

Next Sunday on 20:14 - Apr 28 with 1852 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 20:12 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

As you may have gathered Pete, this is a subject I feel particularly strongly about (as do many many other football supporters throughout not just the UK, but probably the world).

Your first point - the franchising of Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes only worked because the people of Milton Keynes supported it, and continue to support it, so in my mind whether it was Mongs back then or Mongs now, they are all still accountable for making franchising work.

Do I think anyone will support Col U if we fall into the conference? I'm not sure if you'd affiliated yourself with us back then, so maybe you don't know that the support for Col U last time we were in the Conference was probably as strong as it has ever been before or since (maybe barring our brief appearance in the Championship). It would be no different should it happen again.

I'm a diehard, mate.

I'll support the U's whatever happens.

Next Sunday on 20:26 - Apr 28 with 1846 viewsBarsidepete

What about "I have the most expensive ST," all factors being equal, than anyone has?

You need to lay off me, Andy.

Next Sunday on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 1831 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 20:26 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

What about "I have the most expensive ST," all factors being equal, than anyone has?

You need to lay off me, Andy.

It's not you Pete on this one, as anyone who knows me will know it's the subject, so whoever posts "hey, it was so long ago, let's forgive and forget" is going to get some. I have no doubt that you probably face the most expensive option following the U's, and respect to you for doing so - seriously!

Up the U's

Next Sunday on 20:57 - Apr 28 with 1826 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 20:40 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

It's not you Pete on this one, as anyone who knows me will know it's the subject, so whoever posts "hey, it was so long ago, let's forgive and forget" is going to get some. I have no doubt that you probably face the most expensive option following the U's, and respect to you for doing so - seriously!

Cheers, mate. You got unfortunately caught up in that Richard Archer situation and the knobs who sit together in the upper reaches of the stad; and then we were no longer FB friends, even.

I reckon some of them were the idiots who disparaged ColU supporters reputation at the Cods.

That's one reason I haven't contributed to the omb in about 3 years. Let's move on

Next Sunday on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 1814 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 20:57 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

Cheers, mate. You got unfortunately caught up in that Richard Archer situation and the knobs who sit together in the upper reaches of the stad; and then we were no longer FB friends, even.

I reckon some of them were the idiots who disparaged ColU supporters reputation at the Cods.

That's one reason I haven't contributed to the omb in about 3 years. Let's move on

Pete - we're no longer FB friends because you removed me, less than half an hour after you'd bizarrely phoned me gone 10pm on a Sunday night to try and warn me off supporting Happy in running his prediction league because you and a small cadre of messageboard members (which you named) were going to take it away from him. I believe I told you to stop taking a bit of fun so seriously.

We were supposed to meet up in Bournemouth for the U's game some time before that, but you didn't show because of some fracas with who you were staying with, but I have no idea who that was (as a name), but you've posted it here on a public forum so I guess that must be it?

Up the U's

Next Sunday on 21:20 - Apr 28 with 1813 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 21:15 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Pete - we're no longer FB friends because you removed me, less than half an hour after you'd bizarrely phoned me gone 10pm on a Sunday night to try and warn me off supporting Happy in running his prediction league because you and a small cadre of messageboard members (which you named) were going to take it away from him. I believe I told you to stop taking a bit of fun so seriously.

We were supposed to meet up in Bournemouth for the U's game some time before that, but you didn't show because of some fracas with who you were staying with, but I have no idea who that was (as a name), but you've posted it here on a public forum so I guess that must be it?

Sorry? That was because Richard said I had nowhere to stay down there while he was going on galavanting. And that was, so happens, v Southampton. I felt stranded. He was supposedly a good friend but didn't wish me to stay at his mum's house there. He was like, a stranger? She wouldn't welcome me there.. Ok then... I thought I was a friend as I was going to be for 2 months at his house in Framlingham.

Let's get our stories straight. A few of you lot really cut my throat. Hence I ended up in Marks Tey for a few days, then two months in Stanway.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 21:26]

Next Sunday on 22:20 - Apr 28 with 1756 viewswessex_exile

Next Sunday on 21:20 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

Sorry? That was because Richard said I had nowhere to stay down there while he was going on galavanting. And that was, so happens, v Southampton. I felt stranded. He was supposedly a good friend but didn't wish me to stay at his mum's house there. He was like, a stranger? She wouldn't welcome me there.. Ok then... I thought I was a friend as I was going to be for 2 months at his house in Framlingham.

Let's get our stories straight. A few of you lot really cut my throat. Hence I ended up in Marks Tey for a few days, then two months in Stanway.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 21:26]

I really have no idea whomsoever did or didn't do whatever to you, I was only a bloke that was supposed to meet up with you in Bournemouth on the Halloween weekend of 2010 (we won 2-1 btw) - we weren't even in the same league as Southampton that season? It wasn't a problem, you had stuff to deal with, I had a pantomime party to go to, so no sweat you couldn't make it. I think you might be merging several matters into one?

Up the U's

Next Sunday on 23:59 - Apr 28 with 1684 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 22:20 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

I really have no idea whomsoever did or didn't do whatever to you, I was only a bloke that was supposed to meet up with you in Bournemouth on the Halloween weekend of 2010 (we won 2-1 btw) - we weren't even in the same league as Southampton that season? It wasn't a problem, you had stuff to deal with, I had a pantomime party to go to, so no sweat you couldn't make it. I think you might be merging several matters into one?

Apparently. I think I recall that he was staying in Southampton but I personally wasn't welcome at his family's house.

If it was v Bournemouth, okay. It's not that important of a memory in hindsight.

And to your earlier point, I became the admin of the PL for 4 years anyway

Not even sure why we got off on this tangent. This supposed to be about Preston.

Onward, mate
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 0:49]

Next Sunday on 05:24 - Apr 29 with 1636 viewsjonestones

Well said that man. I whole hearted agree with your comments about MK dons Wessex.
Next Sunday on 05:39 - Apr 29 with 1630 viewsBarsidepete

Next Sunday on 05:24 - Apr 29 by jonestones

Well said that man. I whole hearted agree with your comments about MK dons Wessex.

So if we defeat PNE and Dons defeat Yeovil and go up automatically, how will that feel, Jones?

Next Sunday on 19:30 - Apr 29 with 1400 viewsjonestones

Next Sunday on 05:39 - Apr 29 by Barsidepete

So if we defeat PNE and Dons defeat Yeovil and go up automatically, how will that feel, Jones?

Clumsy attempt to trick me aside, I will be delighted that The Super U's have beaten one of the divisions top sides. Ecstastic if the U's escape relegation. Sympathetic for Yeovil as I've always had a soft spot for them as i appreciate how hard it is for a non league club to establish themselves in the football league (i also have very good memories of away days to Yeovil) . As for MK Dons, I don't want them to succeed for the same reasons outlined by Wessex. It seems criminal that we have to play them, let alone see them progress to a higher league. As with any crime, you can't change the fact that it happened but that shouldn't mean you forget and move on instantly. I'm sure there will be a time for bygones to be bygones. Unfortunately, as far as I am concerned, that time is not here yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024