Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday 17:49 - Aug 14 with 995 viewsdurham_exile

TH takes his charges to the ABAX stadium on Saturday to do battle with the Posh.

Tuesday evening saw a double disappointment for the U’s with the heartbreak of a single goal defeat late into extra time (114 mins) following a horrific 59th minute injury to Sam Walker, which could keep him out for the rest of the season.

Lewington will provide cover for Parish (who had played against the Seasiders on Saturday).

Chris Porter also looks like as though he will spend a period on the sidelines after an injury sustained on the opening day. None of this helps our attacking players who are already wafer thin in number.

Clearly TH’s priority must be to obtain a loanee for the season but from where? Experience if possible, but a target man is required in time for our next home match.
Ironically Jabo Ibehre found his shooting boots at Brunton Park on Tuesday for the Cumbrians!

In the meantime Peterbore will be buoyed by their comfortable win in the LC on Tuesday.

TH will likely line up as follows:

Parish

Brindley Wynter Eastman Briggs

Edwards Moncur Gilbey Ambrose

Massey Bonne

Subs:

Lewington, Kent, Vincent-Young, Szmodics, Sembie-Ferris, Holman, Wright

Enjoy the game and safe travelling for the U’s supporters

A repeat of last season’s result would not go amiss!

Up the U’s

[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 17:54]

Durham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 19:45 - Aug 14 with 965 viewswessex_exile

A backs-to-the-wall 4-5-1 beckons I reckon, but these are the situations where the U's spirit and courage come into their own, so a long hard-fought draw would be an excellent result if we can get it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 910 viewsTheOldOakTree

What a good/lucky signing Elliot Parish may turn out to be. I thought he looked OK against the Seasiders especially when our defence was all over the place in the first 15 mins. A long run of first team football may be just what he needs.

As for forwards, hopefully we are getting to the stage when clubs with potential loanees are realising that they are not going to get a 'big team' and they start looking at Col U.
U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 887 viewswessex_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 10:47 - Aug 15 by TheOldOakTree

What a good/lucky signing Elliot Parish may turn out to be. I thought he looked OK against the Seasiders especially when our defence was all over the place in the first 15 mins. A long run of first team football may be just what he needs.

As for forwards, hopefully we are getting to the stage when clubs with potential loanees are realising that they are not going to get a 'big team' and they start looking at Col U.

Think I'll agree with okay overall - I was worried in the opening quarter that he didn't seem to be commanding his box, not too many shouts (heard at least) to his defence, but he grew into it, and there really wasn't much he could do about either goal. It's an ill wind though, and if Walker's injury gives Parish a chance to grow in stature and confidence, then all the better.

Up the U's

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 15:45 - Aug 15 with 874 viewsTheOldOakTree

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 13:15 - Aug 15 by wessex_exile

Think I'll agree with okay overall - I was worried in the opening quarter that he didn't seem to be commanding his box, not too many shouts (heard at least) to his defence, but he grew into it, and there really wasn't much he could do about either goal. It's an ill wind though, and if Walker's injury gives Parish a chance to grow in stature and confidence, then all the better.

Kiss of death me thinks!
U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 15:59 - Aug 15 with 866 viewsdurham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 15:45 - Aug 15 by TheOldOakTree

Kiss of death me thinks!

A match that Colchester dominated find us 2-1 down at half time.

Parish responsible for second Peterbore goal.

Gormely should perhaps have been sent off for challenge on Briggs.

Any way play up the U's second half.

Durham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 16:26 - Aug 15 with 861 viewsTheOldOakTree

Posh should now be down to 9 men, but the ref doesn't appear to know the rule book, looks like it may be one of those days playing against 12.
U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 16:59 - Aug 15 with 853 viewsdurham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 16:26 - Aug 15 by TheOldOakTree

Posh should now be down to 9 men, but the ref doesn't appear to know the rule book, looks like it may be one of those days playing against 12.

TOOT I am afraid that you are right.

2-1 defeat in a match that we should have at least drawn.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 17:43 - Aug 15 with 838 viewswessex_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 15:45 - Aug 15 by TheOldOakTree

Kiss of death me thinks!

Yep, commentators curse strikes again - next time I'll keep my gob shut, because we don't currently have an alternative. Shockingly poor refereeing for the key decisions, but when your lucks not with you, that's what happens unfortunately. What I don't get is that if it was handball, which the ref blew for, it had to be a red card?

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 17:59 - Aug 15 with 829 viewsdurham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 17:43 - Aug 15 by wessex_exile

Yep, commentators curse strikes again - next time I'll keep my gob shut, because we don't currently have an alternative. Shockingly poor refereeing for the key decisions, but when your lucks not with you, that's what happens unfortunately. What I don't get is that if it was handball, which the ref blew for, it had to be a red card?

Wessex it's worse than that -Porter injured Briggs injured Holman out on loan again (will he ever play for the first team?)

Striker needed and soon

Who is this Jabo Ibehre who is scoring goals for fun at Carlisle!

Tuesday night is a must win otherwise we face another grim start to the season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 18:27 - Aug 15 with 825 viewswessex_exile

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 17:59 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

Wessex it's worse than that -Porter injured Briggs injured Holman out on loan again (will he ever play for the first team?)

Striker needed and soon

Who is this Jabo Ibehre who is scoring goals for fun at Carlisle!

Tuesday night is a must win otherwise we face another grim start to the season.

Up the U's

Indeed he is, went home with the matchball and only 1 point - that's got to smart!

Up the U's

U's to be uncommonly good at the Posh on Saturday on 20:01 - Aug 15 with 798 viewsBarsidepete

I apologize for having predicted Posh 2, U's 1 in Daniel's PL.

We need a striker and need a proper keeper.

On a positive/negative note, depends on how you feel. Got not One point in MFB's PL. Totally skunked.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 20:02]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024