Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 16:40 - Nov 11 with 675 viewsBarsidepete

Crumpled paper and such for matchups. Thank you, Happy.

Thank you, Haps, MFB and Wessex for great leagues here. I may have a different twist. But I'll stay true to the ancient format. We live here. Nice to be back in the fold as an admin of a wonderful league on Daniel's site --I needed time off from running the HL as my love was not well, she passed away this year... I was distracted to say the least, and MFB does an incredible job as our 3rd admin in the history of the PL.

We've been here a long time. I'll do well. No worries.

Happy to take advice how we should do the Happy Cup 2016/17 ...

PL member input. Bring it on.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 0:52]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 20:46 - Nov 11 with 656 viewsmrhappy

Next year it's all yours sir

I have 3 great people keeping the legacy going.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 01:54 - Nov 12 with 621 viewsBarsidepete

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 20:46 - Nov 11 by mrhappy

Next year it's all yours sir

I have 3 great people keeping the legacy going.

I think one of the most fun aspects is who plays who

Nevermind the fixtures. What two PL'ers are pitted against each other.

I'd like to implement a two week playoff, higher seed has the tie-breaker. What do you think, Haps?

edit, me: As someone who has won all, the Happy Cup, the Charity, the Prem, Daniel's PL, Wessex's Champions League, and was admin of the Happy (Grumpy) league, it's really cool to be back in it. It'll be fine.

Lovely hols, JR. Look forward to burgers days out this spring.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 2:13]

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 10:46 - Nov 12 with 606 viewsmrhappy

Brother - once handed over the format is out of my hands - as for the PREM winning any resulting tie breaker - I personally think thats unfair - we like replays in this thing - like your epic 4 game match with GSY. (still currently the most memorable match we have ever had)

The cup is the great leveler after all. Many teams from DIV 1 have traditionally done better than those higher up.

Thanks Peter
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 11:17]

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 15:48 - Nov 12 with 582 viewsBarsidepete

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 10:46 - Nov 12 by mrhappy

Brother - once handed over the format is out of my hands - as for the PREM winning any resulting tie breaker - I personally think thats unfair - we like replays in this thing - like your epic 4 game match with GSY. (still currently the most memorable match we have ever had)

The cup is the great leveler after all. Many teams from DIV 1 have traditionally done better than those higher up.

Thanks Peter
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 11:17]

I wasn't clear. I meant seeding based on points, not whether someone is in the Prem or D1.

I just think a two-leg format would be intriguing. If not based on points, what would be the ultimate tie-breaker? What has become the norm in PL where it's total number of three pointers and then first to post?

It will remain the Happy (Grumpy) Cup true to its history. But a two week playoff-style format would be so cool per round

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 16:33 - Nov 12 with 579 viewsmrhappy

YOUR CALL SIR.

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 16:43 - Nov 12 with 577 viewsBarsidepete

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 16:33 - Nov 12 by mrhappy

YOUR CALL SIR.

But in fairness...

Rankings based on points so early in the season?? ... With Wessex Champions League you have half a season, after Boxing Day, to determine.

You're alright with a 2-leg Happy Cup each round, though, I suspect. What is the tie-breaker?

What do our prediction leaguers, Haps, MFB think? What is a fair way to separate two competitors after a two-leg?

I want input from who plays every week.

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 17:08 - Nov 12 with 571 viewsmrhappy

I doubt things will go to a tie breaker very often.

I would simply have a straight one game replay the following week. FIRST to post and league position should never have a say in the Happy Cup. Its for the rich and poor man alike !!

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 17:31 - Nov 13 with 539 viewsBarsidepete

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 17:08 - Nov 12 by mrhappy

I doubt things will go to a tie breaker very often.

I would simply have a straight one game replay the following week. FIRST to post and league position should never have a say in the Happy Cup. Its for the rich and poor man alike !!

I don't understand your comment.

MFB and I have begun discussions. And I favour a true 8 quarterfinal, a 4 semi and a final 2.

I think the Happy Cup should be a 2 week event per round, although I'm open to a longer group stage format. When you eliminate half of the PL week 1 then you are crossing your fingers and knock wood that anyone will care as the Cup moves forward, besides those who advance to the next stage.

There is a strong possibility of a group stage aspect. I will start my mindset true to the original form. But like Wessex Champions League, I'd like ALL participants to care beyond week one. Thank you.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 17:39]

Login to get fewer ads

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 22:37 - Nov 13 with 510 viewsmrhappy

Take it away mate

Do as you please

Ta

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 01:02 - Nov 14 with 503 viewsBarsidepete

So apparently I'm the Happy (Grumpy) Cup admin 2016/17 on 22:37 - Nov 13 by mrhappy

Take it away mate

Do as you please

Ta

Too much time open for discussion, Haps.

Could just as well be unchanged unturned.

Happy travels, mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024