Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 04:41 - Feb 18 with 1089 viewsBarsidepete

Fleetwood, Crewe, Oldham/Hold'ems does not make me happy, make my heart flutter.

...but Pompey, Rovers, Orient, Cambridge, Wimbledon, Notts County, ... Thats great!

Cheltenham, up with a lively stad?; Forest Green; honestly need a primer, but I know they've had a club forever there. late 1800's?

This does not suck.

Deep breath. Let's win some games in the next two months.

If so happens, L2 will be fine.

Up the U's.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 10:30 - Feb 18 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Pete I am a league one aficionado, league two offers nothing good I'm afraid.

We should not embrace this sorry state of affairs until it becomes a mathematical certainty and then only kicking and screaming and with the greatest reluctance.

I do not remember the Conference and Division Four days with any particular great affection. I have seen more than enough Non-league and Lower (lower) League football in my time and have watched Colchester at over 75 grounds.

Colchester has started to put in place (facilities, academy etc. etc.) the opportunity for Championship and consistent League One football and I see League Two (basement football) nothing but a huge step backwards.

After a fourth consecutively bad season the writing is on the wall but the players can still pull this one out of the fire.

Those who believe that a season in League Two is a good thing are sadly deluded. There is no guarantee of an immediate return and one bad season and we down with Wrexham, Halifax, Guiseley, Barrow, Chester, Altrincham, Dover, Woking, Lincoln, Macclesfield, Aldershot, et al.

Worse do you want to go to Solihull Motors or Ebbsfleet or similar.

No disrespect but that is not for our club if we can possibly avoid it.

Colchester United has always has this tag of "punching above our weight" and "unfashionable" or similar unwarranted and unnecessary handles. Relegation is the first step to even greater irrelevance within the Football world if that is possible.

Please do not tell me that League Two is good because it ain't. rant over (for now).

Up the U's

Bring on the Shakers.

It is still in our own hands and our own destiny.

Durham_exile

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 1050 viewsthrillseeker

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 10:30 - Feb 18 by durham_exile

Pete I am a league one aficionado, league two offers nothing good I'm afraid.

We should not embrace this sorry state of affairs until it becomes a mathematical certainty and then only kicking and screaming and with the greatest reluctance.

I do not remember the Conference and Division Four days with any particular great affection. I have seen more than enough Non-league and Lower (lower) League football in my time and have watched Colchester at over 75 grounds.

Colchester has started to put in place (facilities, academy etc. etc.) the opportunity for Championship and consistent League One football and I see League Two (basement football) nothing but a huge step backwards.

After a fourth consecutively bad season the writing is on the wall but the players can still pull this one out of the fire.

Those who believe that a season in League Two is a good thing are sadly deluded. There is no guarantee of an immediate return and one bad season and we down with Wrexham, Halifax, Guiseley, Barrow, Chester, Altrincham, Dover, Woking, Lincoln, Macclesfield, Aldershot, et al.

Worse do you want to go to Solihull Motors or Ebbsfleet or similar.

No disrespect but that is not for our club if we can possibly avoid it.

Colchester United has always has this tag of "punching above our weight" and "unfashionable" or similar unwarranted and unnecessary handles. Relegation is the first step to even greater irrelevance within the Football world if that is possible.

Please do not tell me that League Two is good because it ain't. rant over (for now).

Up the U's

Bring on the Shakers.

It is still in our own hands and our own destiny.

Durham - totally agree there is absolutely no good thing in being in League 2 next season from a footballing perspective

On a positive social side there are potentially 7 or 8 new grounds for me to visit. I have currently completed 73 out of the 92 so plenty of new grounds and pubs to visit
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 13:58]
Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 14:15 - Feb 18 with 1040 viewsTheOldOakTree

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 13:57 - Feb 18 by thrillseeker

Durham - totally agree there is absolutely no good thing in being in League 2 next season from a footballing perspective

On a positive social side there are potentially 7 or 8 new grounds for me to visit. I have currently completed 73 out of the 92 so plenty of new grounds and pubs to visit
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 13:58]

Is it just me, or do other people look at the League 2 table and hope for particular teams to go down based on how it will affect your personal 'doing the 92'.

I'm rooting for Daggers and Yeovil to stay up, but would gladly see Newport and Hartlepool go down, yet they have never done anything to deserve such bad feeling.

I look at the Conference and that night game at Wrexham and think what a waste of time that was.
Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 15:10 - Feb 18 with 1031 viewsnoah4x4

Forest Green..... vegetarians only...no meat pies.

We are all going in meat fancy dress.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=meat+fancy+dress&biw=1280&bih=899&tbm=isch&img
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 15:11]
Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 19:12 - Feb 18 with 989 viewsBarsidepete

I was being ironic.

And fishing for Any positives about what may become an eventual fate.

A win at Bury and a great escape may be seen coming over the hill.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 19:28 - Feb 18 with 982 viewsthrillseeker

Let's take a deep breath. fun places to visit in League 2 on 14:15 - Feb 18 by TheOldOakTree

Is it just me, or do other people look at the League 2 table and hope for particular teams to go down based on how it will affect your personal 'doing the 92'.

I'm rooting for Daggers and Yeovil to stay up, but would gladly see Newport and Hartlepool go down, yet they have never done anything to deserve such bad feeling.

I look at the Conference and that night game at Wrexham and think what a waste of time that was.

No it is not just you. The personal 'doing the 92' is the only thing positive about next season

I need Newport and Dagenham & Redbridge to stay up and Forest Green, Eastleigh or Dover to be promoted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024