Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! 08:41 - Apr 9 with 1027 viewsdurham_exile

KK takes his Colchester team to Bloomfield Road Blackpool today for another crucial league one encounter.

He knows that the U’s may have to win all 6 remaining fixtures starting today. Recent excellent results will count for nothing unless the Super U’s can prevail against Neil McDonald’s side.

Last weekend whilst we secured a valuable point against promotion chasing Millwall, Scummend were putting in a lack lustre and frankly pathetic performance against the Seasiders allowing them a comfortable 2-0 victory. Scummend play the Cod Army today at Roots Hall and it is debatable whether we can rely on them to do us a favour.

During the week Swinedon and Peterbore did their best to succumb to poor defeats against the Latics and the Cod Army respectively, neither of which helped our cause.

The reality is that Colchester still have the ability achieve 53 points which would definitely be enough to enjoy another season in league one and perhaps more importantly retain some of the otherwise want away players.

After today we play Peterbore Home, Crewe Away, Burton Home, Barnsley Away and finish against Rochdale at Home. Frankly I think that we will need every point and there is no reason why we cannot achieve that tall order.

KK is boosted by the return of Joe Edwards and influential captain Owen Garvan today. He also knows that the Bloomfield Road “pitch” will take a short wader or perhaps a decent pair of Hunters. It will be 90mins of attritional football.

Team:

Parish

Edwards Eastman Kent Shorey

Garvan Moncur Gilbey

Massey Porter Lee

Subs:

Brindley Vincent-Young Ambrose Barnes Bonne Akinwande Lapslie

With so much at stake today the pressure is on both sides to provide match winning chances. No one perhaps would have predicted on the opening day in the 2-2 entertaining draw at the WHCS that both teams would be fighting for survival at the business end of the season, but it is definitely Colchester who require the three points today to maintain their momentum.

It is still mathematically any four from eight teams to go down to League Two oblivion with 50 points the absolute minimum required for survival. Realistically though Crewe are doomed and so our forthcoming match against the Railwaymen takes on even more significance, but all attention is on the paddy field at the Seasiders today.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful, many of whom will make a weekend of it on the Lancashire coast.

Enjoy the game and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 13:33 - Apr 9 with 995 viewsBarsidepete

Maybe I'm going out on a limb, Pete.

I have it 0-1 with Gilbey the scorer in Daniel's PL.

If it's over it's over. But going down in flames predicting the U's to win while having a screwdriver and Marlboros outside with the two puppers running the back yard (a Staffordshire and miniature pinscher).

If our U's are going down, put some fight in it. Truly show you care to save the season.

A win please. No offense to Blackpool. They've gone through some serious times. I wouldn't wish their fate on anyone.

At least the U's are merely terrible. Blackpool have been abandoned and left adrift for a few years. Not by their supporters, though.

This one should be interesting. Will be on my U's Player listening to BBC Essex

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:14 - Apr 9 with 972 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester having the lion's share of play but haven't scored yet. Although Massey has hit the post.

Scummend of course are losing at home, they are absolute crap.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:19 - Apr 9 with 971 viewsdurham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:14 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Colchester having the lion's share of play but haven't scored yet. Although Massey has hit the post.

Scummend of course are losing at home, they are absolute crap.

Up the U's

Chris Porter

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:40 - Apr 9 with 967 viewsdurham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:19 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Chris Porter

Walsall are inept, hopefully they will fail to make the play offs pathetic

Meanwhile up the U's

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:42 - Apr 9 with 965 viewsdurham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:40 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Walsall are inept, hopefully they will fail to make the play offs pathetic

Meanwhile up the U's

Now having dominated dont go too defensive

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:54 - Apr 9 with 962 viewsdurham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:42 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Now having dominated dont go too defensive

Brilliant just 5 more wins and we will stay up

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:58 - Apr 9 with 955 viewsBarsidepete

Oh we do like to be beside the Seaside beside the sea! on 16:54 - Apr 9 by durham_exile

Brilliant just 5 more wins and we will stay up

Up the U's

Done it!!

Got my 0-1 correct!

That's called pitiful happy optimism

There is some serious fight left in the U's. This is the difference between 2500 and 3500-4000 next season.

Oh the U's hurt me so.

Up the U's.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024