Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg 23:07 - Apr 6 with 815 viewswessex_exile

First of all, the first round matches have finished as follows:
Barca 2-1 Alt Madrid
Bayern 1-0 Benfica
PSG 2-2 Man C
VfL W 2-0 Real M

The groups as they stand:
Group 1
-------------------
1} Wessex_exile 1/1 4pts
=2} Gate16 0/2 2pts
=2} Durham_exile 0/2 2pts
3} Gsy163 0/2 2pts

Yours truly had the only spot-on of the 1st legs, with Bayern's 1-0 victory, but everyone scored points on Tuesday's games both being home wins. Conversely, no one in this group reckoned on Man C getting a draw at PSG, or indeed VfL probably pulling off the result of the night beating Real Madrid 2-0.

Group 2
-------------------
1} Concordman 0/3 3pts
=2} Jonestones 0/2 2pts
=2} Ethicsgirl 0/2 2pts
4} BFG 0/1 1pts

Concordman, with three outcomes out of four, takes an early lead in Group 2, including to his credit being the only one of all 8 to predict the PSG v Man C draw. As with most of Group 1, everyone else scored outcomes on Tuesday and nadda tonight.

2nd leg fixtures (aggregate scores included) as follows:
Man City (2) v PSG (2)
Real Madrid (0) v VfL Wolfsburg (2)
Atletico Madrid (1) v Barcelona (2)
Benfica (0) v Bayern Munich (1)

Rules, exact matches etc.
Firstly, as always it is the score at the end of normal time that will be counted, forget extra-time or penalties. Deadlines are kick-off for the matches, as measured by the time of a post here. First to post is not a factor, tie-breaks will be determined by number of spot-ons only, and if that can't separate competitors it will be the usual attendance prediction for the next Col U game (if required, no need to post in advance). Top two in each Group go into the hat for the semi-finals.

The really important factor however will be keeping tabs on each competitors allowance of only 1 exact match with each of the other members of their group, and as there have been quite a few already, I am summarising below:

Group 1
-------------------
Gate16 - you have no exact matches so far.
Gsy163 - irrelevant, as you have already posted 1st for your 2nd leg predictions.
Wessex_exile - I have no exact matches so far.
Durham_exile - you have used your exact match with both Gate16 and Gsy163

Group 2
-------------------
Jonestones - you have no exact matches so far.
BFG - irrelevant, as you have already posted 1st for your 2nd leg predictions.
Concordman - irrelevant, as you have already posted 2nd for your 2nd leg predictions.
Ethicsgirl - you have used your exact match with Concordman, BFG and Jonestones

I can't guarantee being around to monitor predictions, so do please keep an eye on where you go - hopefully this emphasises the significance of getting in early.

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 798 viewsdurham_exile

My second leg predictions!

Man City (2) v PSG (1)
Real Madrid (2) v VfL Wolfsburg (0)

Atletico Madrid (1) v Barcelona (2)
Benfica (1) v Bayern Munich (1)

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 787 viewsGate16

Man City 1 v PSG 2
Real Madrid 3 v VfL Wolfsburg 0

Atletico Madrid 1 v Barcelona 2
Benfica 0 v Bayern Munich 0
U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 00:37 - Apr 12 with 753 viewswessex_exile

A quick bump to remind those (including me) to post their 2nd leg predictions...

...and keep tabs on your exact matches please folks.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 09:16 - Apr 12 with 729 viewsethicsgirl

Man City 1 v PSG 2
Real Madrid 2 v VfL Wolfsburg 1

Atletico Madrid 1 v Barcelona 2
Benfica 1 v Bayern Munich 1

etho

U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 17:48 - Apr 12 with 712 viewswessex_exile

Looks like I'm last on board with:
Man C v PSG 2-1
Real M v VfL Wolf 3-1
Atl M v Barca 2-2
Benf v B Mun 1-2

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League QF - 2nd Leg on 23:12 - Apr 12 with 691 viewswessex_exile

A quick interim update after this evening's games:

In Group 1, with points gathered all round, I'm currently holding on to 1st place with 6pts, but Gate has moved into clear second place on 5pts with the Real 3-0 win spot on. Durham also picked up two outcomes to move to 4pts and Gsy keeps in touch on 3pts with the Real outcome - so still everything to play for for all in the group.

In Group 2, with 4pts tonight (including the Man City 1-0 spot on) Concordman pulls into the clear lead on 7pts. JT does well to stay in touch on 5pts with the Real 3-0 victory spot on, whilst Ethics (3pts) and BFG (2pts) both pick up the Real home win outcome. Although not as close as Group 1, all competitors are still in with a shout of top two qualification.

It's going to the wire folks...

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024