Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid 19:07 - Aug 9 with 408 viewsdurham_exile

Harrogate have an outbreak of COVID.
Their next three games will have to be rescheduled.

Durham_exile

Covid on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 384 viewsburnsieespana

As I said a few weeks ago I suspect this season is going to be disrupted more this year by Covid than last year
Covid on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 365 viewsmfb_cufc

I think the EFL have gone complacent regarding Covid. At the end of last season all players were being tested for Covid twice a week, but as far as I know no testing is being done at all now.

mfb

Covid on 06:34 - Aug 10 with 349 viewsnoah4x4

Covid on 22:00 - Aug 9 by mfb_cufc

I think the EFL have gone complacent regarding Covid. At the end of last season all players were being tested for Covid twice a week, but as far as I know no testing is being done at all now.

I doubt if that is so, given the Wealdstone game was played behind closed doors, which I believe was a covid precaution. Also, the U's had some pre-season positive tests and players forced to self-isolate. Surely EFl testing is continuous?

Testing and 'bubbles' in professional cricket remain just as thorough as when Covid was at its peak. Even Essex under 18 players must submit a negative covid test before playing. To be fair, the latter could be an additional local precaution because many Essex Cricket League clubs have had recent covid outbreaks and club teams therefore depleted by players self-isolating. Many temporary covid rules remain in force even in the recreational game, despite the general public relaxation. I cannot imagine that EFL soccer will be any less strict.

More generally, whilst declining in the double jabbed over 50's covid seems to remain in wide circulation amongst the under 30s. This wasn't so in season 2020 probably because the bars and night clubs were shut. It is vital (IMHO) that regulations are brought in stopping the youth from mass congregating unless double jabbed. What I don't understand is the irresponsible resistance to getting jabbed amongst many under 30s. Stopping them from playing football, cricket, rugby, night-clubbing or attending university might be a breach of their civil liberties, but possibly the only way to ensure sufficient do get double jabbed. Rumour of financial incentives is unhelpful, and no doubt some are now hanging back waiting for a pay out. Financial penalties will work far better, like fines, cut benefits and priveledges - and how come some groups that moaned about a lack of PPE to protect them are now refusing the jab that offers better protection? Time to get tough on anti-vaxxers? I say sack them unless they have valid health exemptions. I don't want un-jabbed care workers or similar anywhere near my fragile elderly body.
Covid on 08:38 - Aug 10 with 337 viewsMoor_Pinot

Covid on 06:34 - Aug 10 by noah4x4

I doubt if that is so, given the Wealdstone game was played behind closed doors, which I believe was a covid precaution. Also, the U's had some pre-season positive tests and players forced to self-isolate. Surely EFl testing is continuous?

Testing and 'bubbles' in professional cricket remain just as thorough as when Covid was at its peak. Even Essex under 18 players must submit a negative covid test before playing. To be fair, the latter could be an additional local precaution because many Essex Cricket League clubs have had recent covid outbreaks and club teams therefore depleted by players self-isolating. Many temporary covid rules remain in force even in the recreational game, despite the general public relaxation. I cannot imagine that EFL soccer will be any less strict.

More generally, whilst declining in the double jabbed over 50's covid seems to remain in wide circulation amongst the under 30s. This wasn't so in season 2020 probably because the bars and night clubs were shut. It is vital (IMHO) that regulations are brought in stopping the youth from mass congregating unless double jabbed. What I don't understand is the irresponsible resistance to getting jabbed amongst many under 30s. Stopping them from playing football, cricket, rugby, night-clubbing or attending university might be a breach of their civil liberties, but possibly the only way to ensure sufficient do get double jabbed. Rumour of financial incentives is unhelpful, and no doubt some are now hanging back waiting for a pay out. Financial penalties will work far better, like fines, cut benefits and priveledges - and how come some groups that moaned about a lack of PPE to protect them are now refusing the jab that offers better protection? Time to get tough on anti-vaxxers? I say sack them unless they have valid health exemptions. I don't want un-jabbed care workers or similar anywhere near my fragile elderly body.

I can only concur.
Much detested (for correctly trying to modernise a bancrupt state) Macron got one thing right. He spotted the under 30 issue you outline and introduced the health pass three months ago - we were presented with them on our second pfizer jab before they were even widely explained. The accompanying rules prevented access to any type of activity save supermarkets as a way of blitzing the recalcitrant French but more conspecifically the young into getting jabbed. Overnight success with 726000 vaccine appointments made in the first three hours after the announcement. Result - children from 12 now getting jabbed and although the beaches are quieter here than in living memory I am told, there are still plenty of holidaymakers but cases are not (yet) spiralling. So, you must be right. The key will be to vaccinate everyone but prioritising now those under thirties. As they say here 'it is a social duty to be jabbed' for the wider good. Even the liberal French do seem to be on board.

This is a major thing and requires leadership which includes telling folk what they must do. I agree with your line.
Macron has introduced a fine for any key worker un jabbed, in addition to anyone of us who doesn't show the health pass when asked. Fair enough. Policy will be a key to finally defeating the virus. Johnson seems to have little idea of suchlike.
There will be no 'going back to normal', but I'd like to get to the new normal ASAP! Youngsters please note!

Moor Pinot

Covid on 09:47 - Aug 10 with 330 viewsburnsieespana

Am sure I read this year EFL not paying for testing so down to individual clubs although suspect RC still is as seems very cautious. Recently saw online fans from another club complaining about our approach to ticketing
Being double vaccinated doesn't stop us all catching Covid but thankfully in the majority of cases it reduces the severity.
I just wish the under 30's would do the decent thing for all of us and get vaccinated
Here in my village despite Spain having 70% doubt vaccinated the case count is close to the highest ever!
I despair of any sort of normality returning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024