Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium 21:37 - Sep 12 with 1630 viewsdurham_exile

In many respects it seems an age since Colchester last played a match although it will only be one week since we defeated Brighton U21’s 2-1.

During that time however we have a new Prime Minister, and King Charles III who has succeeded his mother the late Queen Elizabeth II. The FA, Premier League and EFL have come in for a storm of criticism about their decision to cancel all football for the period Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Depending upon which paper you read they were either fearful of some idiot shouting abuse out on National TV or they would struggle to fulfil their security duties with 10,000 policemen drafted into the Capital for the funeral arrangements.

Frankly I believe that the correct decision was taken to postpone the games. After 70 years of loyal service and devotion we can certainly forgo one football match especially as they will all be played eventually.

Anyway, from the sublime to the ridiculous.

A few extra days will have helped BDH in their selection dilemma.

Now actually I don’t have a problem selecting the first XI but unfortunately my selection is not necessarily in accord with WB.

It seems that O’Hara has been given the first team nod over Hornby. But it is fag paper thin.

The back four seems to be more secure. Tchamadeu, Chambers, Dallison and Kazeem.

Then comes the midfield. Much depends upon the formation as to whether it is 4,2,3,1 or 4,4,2 or 4,3,3.

I prefer to see 4,4,2 but at a push can accept 4,2,3,1.

The injuries appear to be predominantly Huws and Skuse. So let us consider the following midfield players.

Chilvers and Longstaff are easy choices then Newby and Marshall-Miranda or Chesters. Then there is Judge and Hannant.

Up front it is either a lone striker — Appiah or Sears but what about Lubala. Plenty of selection problems but that is why WB is the Manager.

Injuries notwithstanding the team that I would like to see line up at the Poundland Bescot Stadium tomorrow is as follows: 4,4,2

O’Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Newby Chilvers Longstaff Marshall-Miranda

Appiah Lubala

Subs
Hornby Eastman Chesters Nouble Judge Clampin Sears

The case for Big Frank. Now Noble was awarded the MOTM against Brighton which I would dispute but it is true he did put in a much better shift than of late. But here’s the thing is Frank there because of sentiment or ability.

Don't get me wrong I used to be a big Frank fan but he has lost pace and mobility.

Yes he scored a goal (a tap in) and his play on the right was powerful and more inspiring than many of the insipid earlier performances.

However, gone are the days of loyalty to favourites who are unfortunately passed their sell by date.

We seem to be ok with either or with the keeper and the back four pretty well pick themselves.

Midfield suggests that Chilvers and Longstaff are both on the team sheet with Newby and Marshall-Miranda. Give Longstaff some freedom to go forward though.

I believe that Lubala was an outstanding signing and Appiah equally so.
By all means keep Nouble as an impact player but does he really get a start over those two. I think not.

Dan Chesters and Charlie Owens are also equally on the cusp of selection whilst Ossama Ashley is not good enough.

Result play the above in a 4,4,2 and take the game to Walsall. Michael Flynn’s side are also struggling and tomorrow night is a vital match ahead of a tough looking game against the Mariners on Saturday.

WB has now had long enough to see the players to determine his best team and we must play our best XI.

The Walsall weather is 15 degrees Celsius with some sunny intervals during the day and a cloudy evening but little or no rain.

20th position with 5 points. A welcome three points tomorrow night and things will look much better.

Prediction 3-1 Colchester. Longstaff, Appiah and Lubala with the goals.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U’s

God Save the KIng

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 06:21 - Sep 13 with 1220 viewsnoah4x4

I've yet to see the U's lose this season having only attended Bradford and Brighton (U21) due to cricket commitments. But I have watched the other poor performances on I-Follow. Heading for the Bescott tonight. The first of many away games for me this season,

It is tragic, but covid killed off the wonderful Saddlers Club, and the nearest pub is miles away. Walsall FC has hence tumbled from best to worst for a hospitable welcome. Our last visit was dire, not helped by the worse U's performance in recent memory. We were utterly outclassed.

But oh joy, last week the management at JCS made available 'Fursty Ferrit' as a guest ale. They still served it about 5°C so remain clueless about keeping Real Ales, but it is a start. Maybe, at last, they are starting to listen to the fans? Despite this positive, I don't share Durham's optimism on the pitch as Humes/Brown probably won't change. But maybe the new signings are genuinely prepared to fight for their shirt compared to the ex-Ipswich that seem content to treat JCS as a cosy pre-retirement home But new Monarch, new Prime Minster, maybe a new U's? Fingers crossed, yes.....
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 18:30 - Sep 13 with 1128 viewswessex_exile

Well first good omen for tonight, my shirts arrived today

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:17 - Sep 13 with 1116 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 18:30 - Sep 13 by wessex_exile

Well first good omen for tonight, my shirts arrived today

Good news Wessex

Team tonight

O'Hara

Coxe Chambers Eastman Dallison Clampin

Judge Longstaff Lubala

Nouble Appiah

Hornby Skuse Sears Chilvers Newby Tchamadeu Chesters

If I have this right it is 5,3,2

Oh well WB will never change

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:46 - Sep 13 with 1099 viewsthrillseeker

Another strange starting XI

What has Judge done this season to stroll back into team?

Going all out for 0-0 perhaps?

Let's hope WB knows what he is doing

3 points would be nice
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:49 - Sep 13 with 1096 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:46 - Sep 13 by thrillseeker

Another strange starting XI

What has Judge done this season to stroll back into team?

Going all out for 0-0 perhaps?

Let's hope WB knows what he is doing

3 points would be nice

What do we know - 1-0 to the U's - NOUBLE!!!!

Up the U's

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:49 - Sep 13 with 1095 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:17 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Good news Wessex

Team tonight

O'Hara

Coxe Chambers Eastman Dallison Clampin

Judge Longstaff Lubala

Nouble Appiah

Hornby Skuse Sears Chilvers Newby Tchamadeu Chesters

If I have this right it is 5,3,2

Oh well WB will never change

Up the U's

Big Frank
I don't believe it.
He will be canonised next

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 1086 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:49 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Big Frank
I don't believe it.

Beastman scored - ref should have played the advantage.

Up the U's

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 1086 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 19:49 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Big Frank
I don't believe it.

Bad challenge from the former U's player Comley on Cameron Coxe

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:10 - Sep 13 with 1082 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:04 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Bad challenge from the former U's player Comley on Cameron Coxe

One thing about Flynn's teams. Always dirty.

Come on we need a second goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:17 - Sep 13 with 1080 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:10 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

One thing about Flynn's teams. Always dirty.

Come on we need a second goal.

Up the U's

Some stupid rash challenges.
The referee has little control.
Sadly I can see a red card coming.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:35 - Sep 13 with 1066 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:17 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Up the U's

U's good value for the lead.

Walsall dirty.

Ref has booked 5 - 3 for Colchester 2 for Walsall.

Need a second goal early doors in the second half.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:37 - Sep 13 with 1063 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:35 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

U's good value for the lead.

Walsall dirty.

Ref has booked 5 - 3 for Colchester 2 for Walsall.

Need a second goal early doors in the second half.

Up the U's

We're looking very dangerous on the break and solid at the back - so that's jinxed that for the second half :-)

Still, I'm enjoying this - hope you are too Noah at the Bescot!

Up the U's

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:50 - Sep 13 with 1053 viewsthrillseeker

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:17 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Not sure the referee has done that much wrong

All yellows correct decisions.

Some really rash tackles

I can see a red sometime in 2nd half
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:00 - Sep 13 with 1044 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 20:50 - Sep 13 by thrillseeker

Not sure the referee has done that much wrong

All yellows correct decisions.

Some really rash tackles

I can see a red sometime in 2nd half

Dallison unlucky with a decent header

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:27 - Sep 13 with 1030 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:00 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Dallison unlucky with a decent header

Up the U's

Dallison and Lubala off
Sears and Chilvers on

Come on

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:34 - Sep 13 with 1025 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:27 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Dallison and Lubala off
Sears and Chilvers on

Come on

Att 4,327

Appiah off and Chesters on

Tchamadeu on for Clampin

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:36 - Sep 13 with 1022 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:34 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Att 4,327

Appiah off and Chesters on

Tchamadeu on for Clampin

Skuse on for Judge

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:42 - Sep 13 with 1016 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:36 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Skuse on for Judge

First Away point

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:44 - Sep 13 with 1014 viewswessex_exile

Decent point away, could have been 3, could have been 0. Probably the right result in the end, our first point away, and if I'm honest encouraging signs. I might be a bit out of step, but I thought Longstaff looked vulnerable.

Up the U's

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:45 - Sep 13 with 1011 viewsthrillseeker

Happy to take a point but still concerned with WB's tactical knowledge
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:51 - Sep 13 with 1006 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:44 - Sep 13 by wessex_exile

Decent point away, could have been 3, could have been 0. Probably the right result in the end, our first point away, and if I'm honest encouraging signs. I might be a bit out of step, but I thought Longstaff looked vulnerable.

What concerns me is that WB must play Longstaff and Chilvers together and from the start and he doesn't .
Then Skuse and Marshall Miranda can play as defensive midfielders.

Anyway a double header at home now.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 970 viewsnoah4x4

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 21:51 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

What concerns me is that WB must play Longstaff and Chilvers together and from the start and he doesn't .
Then Skuse and Marshall Miranda can play as defensive midfielders.

Anyway a double header at home now.

Up the U's

Rather deflated CUSA bus. So much promise in the first half and then yet again the wheels fall off and we are hanging on for a point. Some of the refereeing decisions were bizarre. Longstaff repeatedly gave away the ball. Must improve. Walsall forwards so much quicker, until Chilvers and Sears came on (too late). and injected some urgency, Longstaff, Lubula and Appiah disappointed me. Still it is one point closer to safety. I can’t see us doing more. Humes out!
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 22:37 - Sep 13 with 958 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 22:07 - Sep 13 by noah4x4

Rather deflated CUSA bus. So much promise in the first half and then yet again the wheels fall off and we are hanging on for a point. Some of the refereeing decisions were bizarre. Longstaff repeatedly gave away the ball. Must improve. Walsall forwards so much quicker, until Chilvers and Sears came on (too late). and injected some urgency, Longstaff, Lubula and Appiah disappointed me. Still it is one point closer to safety. I can’t see us doing more. Humes out!

How many of the faithful travelled Noah
About 100?
Safe journey home.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 00:50 - Sep 14 with 934 viewsnoah4x4

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 22:37 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

How many of the faithful travelled Noah
About 100?
Safe journey home.

Up the U's

No official number announced, but I guess about 200 (45 on CUSA bus). It’s 00.30 and we’ve only just got to South Mimms Services. A14 shut, so detour via M1/M25. At least it’s not Barrow on a Tuesday night……..
Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 01:00 - Sep 14 with 933 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to come unseated at the Poundland Bescot Stadium on 00:50 - Sep 14 by noah4x4

No official number announced, but I guess about 200 (45 on CUSA bus). It’s 00.30 and we’ve only just got to South Mimms Services. A14 shut, so detour via M1/M25. At least it’s not Barrow on a Tuesday night……..

Safe journey
Good turn out.
Yes Holker Street calls

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024