Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monkey Hangers next in town............. 07:31 - Apr 6 with 429 viewsdurham_exile

Sadly any lingering hopes of a top six finish were extinguished in the capitulation at the Saddlers.

This season’s epitaph will read “Too many drawn games when it mattered.”

What about Carlisle as the form team going into the run in, well they have managed the extra effort to achieve those key wins (Mk Dons and Terriers where their winner was a header not unlike Magnus's but it won them the game rather than throwing away two points).

The emphasis for JW is to lift the players to respond and try to win as many of the last 6 matches as possible.

JW celebrates his 61st birthday on Saturday. Many Happy returns John.

So what team is he likely to play?

Probably:

Williams

Wilson
Magnus
Heath
Rose

Vincent
Rowlands
Izzet
Woody

Sears
Odejayi

Subs:

Eastman Bond Gillespie Massey Doogie

There is no point in playing Sears for only 10 or 15 minutes, give him a full game, play him up front and see what he can do.

Rest Hendo and try Odejayi with Sears.

Remember we are going for another double over the Chimp Chokers.

Neale Cooper has some player problems for Hartlepool; Hartley (captain) was sent off against the Blades and misses the game. The youngster Luke James who played second half against the U’s when we won earlier in the season at Victoria Park is likely to be rested; he has an ongoing back problem.

Colchester tend not to overplay their youngsters whereas James (Hartlepool) was perhaps given too much responsibility too soon.

The new 65% income ruling on player spend next season may force a change of course.

So only pride to play for but let us welcome back Martin Rowlands. Had he not been injured for those four crucial games we might have seen a different end of season result. He was crocked at Wycombe (in a cynical challenge) and the troublesome groin injury has kept him on the sidelines for some time now. But he oozes class and his performances have been sorely missed. I look forward to seeing him play at Gigg Lane on Easter Monday.

So what will the crowd be like number wise today? Easter crowds are usually up on the season average but it is not an attractive game on paper (sorry but it isn't) and little to play for may see the home crowd remain disappointing.

Bury offer incentives on Monday; let us see how that game shapes up, the Shakers do need the points to be absolutely safe.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy the match, keep the faith and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 18:15 - Apr 6 with 414 viewscarruthers

Quite frankly after sixty years of supporting the U's I have had enough, i will see out the prediction league and then be out of here, take down my team photo, remove my car stickers give away my memorabilia and deny all knowlerdge of their existance. I am tired of apologising on their behalf. No prospects, no ambition no nothing.
I will do the same with my other team Wolves, there comes a time---------------
Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 21:56 - Apr 6 with 407 viewsBaldrick

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 18:15 - Apr 6 by carruthers

Quite frankly after sixty years of supporting the U's I have had enough, i will see out the prediction league and then be out of here, take down my team photo, remove my car stickers give away my memorabilia and deny all knowlerdge of their existance. I am tired of apologising on their behalf. No prospects, no ambition no nothing.
I will do the same with my other team Wolves, there comes a time---------------

" I am tired of apologising on their behalf "

Carruthers me and my old muckers have had the same treatment down our local. I was left to travel to watch games on my own which I may say when u get tobe a pensioner is not very nice especially with the damn draft coming thro the corners of the ground. Many of the supporters on here have said about us as having half glass full whatever, but when u have supported this club all ur life its a case of been there done that got the T shirt. What we dont understand is this loan player lark this manager is fond of. Next season will be hard with all the new laws etc and the players who will undoubtably be leaving this summer Why is he not blooding some of our reserve players ? Why are Colchester paying for loan players of which one put a penalty away today and that was his first for a year !! I believe. No we are not going anywhere with this fella too much of a nice guy attitude.
Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 08:58 - Apr 7 with 399 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 21:56 - Apr 6 by Baldrick

" I am tired of apologising on their behalf "

Carruthers me and my old muckers have had the same treatment down our local. I was left to travel to watch games on my own which I may say when u get tobe a pensioner is not very nice especially with the damn draft coming thro the corners of the ground. Many of the supporters on here have said about us as having half glass full whatever, but when u have supported this club all ur life its a case of been there done that got the T shirt. What we dont understand is this loan player lark this manager is fond of. Next season will be hard with all the new laws etc and the players who will undoubtably be leaving this summer Why is he not blooding some of our reserve players ? Why are Colchester paying for loan players of which one put a penalty away today and that was his first for a year !! I believe. No we are not going anywhere with this fella too much of a nice guy attitude.

Baldrick and Carruthers, obviously I have not been supporting Col U for as many years as both of you (only 40) but my problem is what do I do, I don't want to support another club and ironically over the last 10 years Colchester has probably enjoyed as much "success" as in the previous 65.

So I will continue to support the club as I am sure you will in whatever way you decide.

What does the club do with JW. If he is sacked who will come in.

With attendances at 3,500 and only 65% of income allowed to be spent on players and with the eemergency loan system endng in 2014, it will be tough for small clubs.

JW has to work a little magic this summer persuading somne of our stars not to leave, but we will probably lose some of the following:

Williams
Wilson
Magnus
John Joe O'Toole
Odejayi
Vincent
Woody

Next year is going to be tough financially, and here is the irony, a look at the respective tables suggests that those coming up and coming down from league 2 and championship will not be challenging for the top six places. If we lose say Charlton and the Sheffield clubs this year, next season on paper will be the weakest league one on paper for several years and ironically a small clubs best chance for success.

A dilemma for the Directors, club, manager, players and supporters.

Keep the faith

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 06:18 - Apr 8 with 387 viewsBaldrick

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 08:58 - Apr 7 by durham_exile

Baldrick and Carruthers, obviously I have not been supporting Col U for as many years as both of you (only 40) but my problem is what do I do, I don't want to support another club and ironically over the last 10 years Colchester has probably enjoyed as much "success" as in the previous 65.

So I will continue to support the club as I am sure you will in whatever way you decide.

What does the club do with JW. If he is sacked who will come in.

With attendances at 3,500 and only 65% of income allowed to be spent on players and with the eemergency loan system endng in 2014, it will be tough for small clubs.

JW has to work a little magic this summer persuading somne of our stars not to leave, but we will probably lose some of the following:

Williams
Wilson
Magnus
John Joe O'Toole
Odejayi
Vincent
Woody

Next year is going to be tough financially, and here is the irony, a look at the respective tables suggests that those coming up and coming down from league 2 and championship will not be challenging for the top six places. If we lose say Charlton and the Sheffield clubs this year, next season on paper will be the weakest league one on paper for several years and ironically a small clubs best chance for success.

A dilemma for the Directors, club, manager, players and supporters.

Keep the faith

Up the U's

Durham I can see you are a staunch U's supporter. Yes us old codgers still listen to the matches on the radio. In fact yesterday a couple of us sat around listening to the game. In the interview afterwards, "the match commentator" asked Mr Ward about the players he replaced at half time and said how he could have taken off a number of U's players. Mr Ward never really answered his question and got a bit shirty with his reply. The gates have never been that good even at Layer Rd but something should have been done last January to bolster the side. I dont like to critisize Odejayi but he has not scored since Notts County 29th Oct. As other people have stated he has played on his own best part of the season.
The bottom five teams reads.
Won 3
Lost 1
Drawn 6 (Six)
One of those teams Orient it was stated were in a false position or something ?
Why is he persisting with the likes of Sears or is he hoping to sign a well lets be honest an average player. Where are our reserve players they must be thinking Why are we not getting a chance in the first team ? Sorry to tire all those supporters on here who think we are moaning old codgers but we said at the begining of the season we are going no where with this manager and the way things are next season we are going to struggle.
Well been up since 4am thats what happens when you are an old git sleep doesn't come easy.

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 22:21 - Apr 8 with 375 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers next in town............. on 06:18 - Apr 8 by Baldrick

Durham I can see you are a staunch U's supporter. Yes us old codgers still listen to the matches on the radio. In fact yesterday a couple of us sat around listening to the game. In the interview afterwards, "the match commentator" asked Mr Ward about the players he replaced at half time and said how he could have taken off a number of U's players. Mr Ward never really answered his question and got a bit shirty with his reply. The gates have never been that good even at Layer Rd but something should have been done last January to bolster the side. I dont like to critisize Odejayi but he has not scored since Notts County 29th Oct. As other people have stated he has played on his own best part of the season.
The bottom five teams reads.
Won 3
Lost 1
Drawn 6 (Six)
One of those teams Orient it was stated were in a false position or something ?
Why is he persisting with the likes of Sears or is he hoping to sign a well lets be honest an average player. Where are our reserve players they must be thinking Why are we not getting a chance in the first team ? Sorry to tire all those supporters on here who think we are moaning old codgers but we said at the begining of the season we are going no where with this manager and the way things are next season we are going to struggle.
Well been up since 4am thats what happens when you are an old git sleep doesn't come easy.

Hi Baldrick, fact is we are all entitled to our views and none are more valuable than anyone elses.

I would also suggest that given your longevity of supporting the U's you are more entitled to your views than most.

The season will find the U's about 12 points short of what they should have achieved. You can choose any of the defeats and point to those or look at some of the many home draws.

I'm afraid you are right about the maanager but who else are we going to get.
Interestingly earlier in the season, I pointed to either Westley (then at Stevenage) and Paul Buckle (of Torquay and Bristol Rovers).

Westley ate some stupid pills and went to PNE and Buckle has just taken over at Luton Town, I take my hat off to someone going to that former league club!

Curbishley is the man for the U's, but we couldn't tempt him unfortunately, wages etc etc.

So JW to continue.

Let us hope that he entertains the fans with some attacking play at Bury tomorrow.

Keep the faith, get some shut eye and hang in there.

After all I often turn the wireless on and listen if I can't make the game but I find I get more nervous than when I am actually there.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024