Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals 02:18 - May 15 with 716 viewsBarsidepete

It's TROPICAL_US v EAGLEDARES in the Division 1 Playoff Final! .. But the question to be posed: will Tropical's squad feel the effects--the wear and tear--of two competitions, pitted also against THENET in the Charity Shield Final..
*THENET, with a classy 3rd place finish in the Prem always seemed to be in the hunt for the title. I don't recall a week when he wasn't. Well done, D. Terrific season with still a bit more at stake

Fixtures for the Finals:
(the four playoff finals over the next two weeks)

BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat)
LUTON v YORK (Sun)
HUDDERSFIELD v SHEFFIELD UTD (26 May)
CHELTENHAM v CREWE (27 May)

*That's four fixtures to determine two HGPL competition winners. The second weekend of fixtures will be filled-in once it's known what they are, officially. Deadline is Saturday at 14:00 for this weekend's games and an hour before kickoff on 26 May for next weekend's two.

*The first to post tie-breaker applies to the finalist who first predicts the League Finals of 26-27 May...

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 06:11 - May 15 with 706 viewseagledares

BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat) 2-1
LUTON v YORK (Sun) 2-1
HUDDERSFIELD v SHEFFIELD UTD 2-1
CHELTENHAM V CREWE I-2
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 07:59 - May 15 with 699 viewsTropical_Us

BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat) 1 - 2
LUTON v YORK (Sun) 1 - 0
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 21:08 - May 15 with 679 viewsTheNet

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 07:59 - May 15 by Tropical_Us

BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat) 1 - 2
LUTON v YORK (Sun) 1 - 0

1 - 2 BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat)
1 - 1 LUTON v YORK (Sun)
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 21:23 - May 15 with 669 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 21:08 - May 15 by TheNet

1 - 2 BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat)
1 - 1 LUTON v YORK (Sun)

I'm conflicted about the fact you have one of two picks the same as Tropical when he's the only person you are competing against. I'll let it go this round, the first leg, if you will, but next week No Identical Picks allowed.

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 19:26 - May 16 with 650 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 06:11 - May 15 by eagledares

LUTON v YORK (Sun) 2-1
CHELTENHAM V CREWE I-2

Haha, nice try, but first-to-post doesn't count till Southend's fate is in the books

Aaaaand now you have the tie-breaker with all 4 predicted..

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 17:13 - May 18 with 626 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals (plus wrap-up) on 06:11 - May 15 by eagledares

LUTON v YORK (Sun) 2-1
CHELTENHAM V CREWE I-2

All of EAGLEDARES picks are in for the Division One Playoff Final...

Note to TROPICAL_US, No identical picks, please. Keep an eye out on that

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:39 - May 18 with 615 viewsBFG

Prediction mad, me

BLACKPOOL v WEST HAM (Sat) 0-2
LUTON v YORK (Sun) 0-1
HUDDERSFIELD v SHEFFIELD UTD (26 May) 2-3
CHELTENHAM v CREWE (27 May) 0-0 crewe pens

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 21:34 - May 18 with 607 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:39 - May 18 by BFG

Prediction mad, me

LUTON v YORK (Sun) 0-1

Your post reminds me that scores must be Finals, not at 90 minutes, if it's necessary to play extra time. No points for having predicted the winner if determined by pens. That would muddy the scoring

Login to get fewer ads

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:25 - May 19 with 590 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:39 - May 18 by BFG

Prediction mad, me

LUTON v YORK (Sun) 0-1

Point to you, BFG the pirate entrant

in other news, following Blackpool 1-2 West Ham..

The Division 1 Playoff Final
TROPICAL_US 3-0 EAGLEDARES

The Charity Shield Final
TROPICAL_US 3-3 THENET

*both NET and TROPICAL have yet to predict next week's 2 finals. No Identical Picks Allowed for either comp (which applies to Tropical v Eagledares too, as Tropical is in a bit of a catbird seat with an early 3-0 lead) ..

A same prediction will not be tallied

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 19:55 - May 19 with 581 viewsTheNet

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 21:34 - May 18 by Barsidepete

Your post reminds me that scores must be Finals, not at 90 minutes, if it's necessary to play extra time. No points for having predicted the winner if determined by pens. That would muddy the scoring

Hi there I've predicted based on result at 90 minutes, so unless I change it I am counting on a tie at the end of extra time - is that correct? - If so I'd like to change my result to 2 - 1 in favour of Luton please.

While I am here let's predicty the others: -

2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD v SHEFFIELD UTD
1 - 2 CHELTENHAM V CREWE

Thanks and good luck all
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 21:19 - May 19 with 577 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 19:55 - May 19 by TheNet

Hi there I've predicted based on result at 90 minutes, so unless I change it I am counting on a tie at the end of extra time - is that correct? - If so I'd like to change my result to 2 - 1 in favour of Luton please.

While I am here let's predicty the others: -

2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD v SHEFFIELD UTD
1 - 2 CHELTENHAM V CREWE

Thanks and good luck all

I'll change your pick to 2-1. Other than that, if you predict a draw, yes, you'd have to wait till extra time to collect.

No Points, repeat, No Points, for 'only' 90+ added time if a Final needs 120 to post a score.

Incidentally, I'm not actually sure what you found so impossible about York-Luton to finish 1-1. That's Chelsea v Bayern all over again .. Who can forget 2010 semi-final when a number of Luton fans peppered the field with bottles and coins after the Minstermen won 1-0 and 2-0 agg at Kenilworth Road. Anyway, there's some bad blood there

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 19:31 - May 20 with 556 viewsBarsidepete

LUTON 1-2 YORK added 0 points to our finalists but BFG nicked another point so now has 2 in his pirate quest for either faux promotion or some kind of bragging rights

Otherwise, as it stands (2 of 4 played):

TROPICAL_US 3-0 EAGLEDARES*

The Charity Shield Final
THENET* 3-3 TROPICAL_US

*first-to-post tie-breaker

*TROPICAL has yet to predict next week's 2 finals and I'm compelled to remind: No Identical Picks Are Allowed for either comp (which won't be that much of a chore since both competitors have gone this route:

CHELTENHAM V CREWE I-2

Good luck!

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 07:54 - May 25 with 509 viewsTropical_Us

OK.....

Huddersfield vs Sheffield 1 - 2
Cheltenham vs Crewe 2 - 1
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 21:46 - May 26 with 486 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 07:54 - May 25 by Tropical_Us

OK.....

Huddersfield vs Sheffield 1 - 2
Cheltenham vs Crewe 2 - 1

HUDDERSFIELD 0-0 SHEFFIELD UTD, (Terriers 8-7 in pens) so no change in scoring..

With 3 of 4 played:

TROPICAL_US 3-0 EAGLEDARES*

The Charity Shield Final
THENET* 3-3 TROPICAL_US

All comes down to Cheltenham v Crewe

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 17:19 - May 27 with 469 viewseagledares

congrats tropical xxx
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 17:29 - May 27 with 468 viewsBarsidepete

CHELTENHAM 0-2 CREWE and so it is official:

With 4 of 4 played:

TROPICAL_US 3-1 EAGLEDARES*

The Charity Shield Final
THENET* 4-3 TROPICAL_US

TROPICAL_US is promoted to the Premiership! and THENET wins the Charity Shield!

Well done! More plaudits to follow

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:22 - May 27 with 464 viewsTropical_Us

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 17:19 - May 27 by eagledares

congrats tropical xxx

Cheers - I actually tuned in to the last couple of minutes of Cheltenham - Crewe to make sure they didn't get a late consolation which I think would have messed it up for me.

Well done to The Net also for the Charity Shield win.
The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:36 - May 27 with 461 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:22 - May 27 by Tropical_Us

Cheers - I actually tuned in to the last couple of minutes of Cheltenham - Crewe to make sure they didn't get a late consolation which I think would have messed it up for me.

Well done to The Net also for the Charity Shield win.

This is true. A 1-2 would have been the worst case scenario, a 3-3 result in the playoff final where Eagle wins on tie-breaker pens.

Be that as it may, good luck in your rookie campaign

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 19:40 - Jun 5 with 414 viewsTheNet

The HGPL Charity Shield and Division 1 Finals on 18:36 - May 27 by Barsidepete

This is true. A 1-2 would have been the worst case scenario, a 3-3 result in the playoff final where Eagle wins on tie-breaker pens.

Be that as it may, good luck in your rookie campaign

Oh wow I won something!

Well done to Tropical for promotion and "letting me win" the Charity Shield!

See you in the Prem next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024