Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER 21:15 - Feb 13 with 615 viewsmrhappy

Please answer the following 5 questions please - welcome !

1) I understand you live abroad, tell us how you ended up there and why ?

2) After promotion, you are are looking quite settled in the PREM, what are your thoughts for this year ?

3) Who is your fave U's player of all time

4) If you won a billion pound would you buy the club or not, and why ?

5) Are bananas a staple part of your diet ?

thanks buddy....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 21:36 - Feb 15 with 597 viewscoomster

Oh No..... the dreaded Happy Interview.

1) I understand you live abroad, tell us how you ended up there and why ?

In 1969 I was living with wife and 2 young children in Linclon Way, Colchester.

Commuting to work at Marconi's in Chelmsford.

Weekly money earned equalled weekly money spent.

Wife's sister was living in Montreal and persuaded us to try Canada.

Best move I ever made.

2) After promotion, you are are looking quite settled in the PREM, what are your thoughts for this year ?

I want to win this league and go on to be Champion of the World.

3) Who is your fave U's player of all time

I have only seen 3 live U's gammes in the last 40 years. But never missed a home game when I was growing up in Colchester. So all my favourites are the oldtimers.

Here are just a few:- Digger Kettle, Vic Keeble (Vic lived 10 houses away from me on South Street), Johnny McKim, Kevin McCurley and Harry Bearyman.

4) If you won a billion pound would you buy the club or not, and why ?

I would buy the club. Not sure what I would do with it though.

5) Are bananas a staple part of your diet ?

Definately, one of the few foods I can chew.

Malcolm. aka coomster.
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 589 viewscarruthers

South Street? I was Essex Street, and did you ever play fooball on the bombsite which is now [I think a tax office] the back of which was the Folly Walk? about thirty of us played on there in the evening with one street light to see by.
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 22:22 - Feb 15 with 585 viewscoomster

The bomb site was between South St and the Folley, at the top of Chapel Street opposite the New Inn, which was also a bomb site. After all the bombed building were cleared they put a large water tank there.

They replaced that with a childrens playground.

We played footie there in the winter and cricket in the summer.

Also played footie and cricket in the Folley.

The only guys I knew from Essex Street were John Harvey and "Dinkie" Alnous.

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 22:51 - Feb 15 with 580 viewscarruthers

John Harvey, Michael Harvey and Dinky, great mates, other names are coming back, do you remember the big bonfire on that land every Novenber the 5th, fireworks going off all over the place. Todays health and safety people would pass out if they saw it. A fourpenny cannon was like a hand grenade.
The one kid I recall playing football was an Arsenal supporter who lived next door to the site, wore glasses i think his name was Dougie.
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 00:17 - Feb 18 with 556 viewsmrhappy

Great stuff chaps.

Thanks Coomster !

Glad to job the memory banks !

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 545 viewscarruthers

This chat has now gone to email, but if you know the area or were there....?
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 10:42 - Feb 18 with 543 viewscarruthers

On the subject of 'long ago' my youngest daughter is a a ghost hunter or paranormal investigater; would like to do layer Road, before asking for permission is there anything left of the stadium, offices, changing rooms etc? I never go anywhere near it now [sadly]
THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 00:12 - May 17 with 506 viewsmrhappy

YOU GOT YOUR WISH COOMS - our Canadian CHAMP !

Login to get fewer ads

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 07:07 - May 17 with 503 viewsnoah4x4

THE HAPPY INTERVIEW - THIS WEEK- COOMSTER on 10:42 - Feb 18 by carruthers

On the subject of 'long ago' my youngest daughter is a a ghost hunter or paranormal investigater; would like to do layer Road, before asking for permission is there anything left of the stadium, offices, changing rooms etc? I never go anywhere near it now [sadly]

Layer Road is all still standing. But just an overgrown, dusty, rusting, decaying old shell, with elephant grass and weeds. One day a developer will do something, but frankly it is an eyesore and embarrassment . As for the Drury Pub, now a furniture retailer and its destiny looks uncertain.

So plenty of ghosts amongst the tumbleweed ..........and probably a few psycho's sheltering there from the rain - eeek - eeek eeek eeeek eeek.

Wouldn't let my daughter near the place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024