Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 game season and counting................ 23:45 - Mar 1 with 582 viewsdurham_exile

A 12 game season, 12 cup finals - all the clichés are coming out of the wood work.

JD takes his charges to the Lamex Stadium tomorrow for another vital match against Stevenage. Another team who are in danger of slipping into the relegation zone following recent indifferent form.

Now JD says that he doesn’t do draws and I hope that this isn’t tempting fate. This weekend our rivals have more difficult games on paper, but in fairness every game is going to be tough from now on.

So what sort of team does Joe go with:

Walker

Wilson, Magnus, Eastman, Garmston

Clifford, David Wright, Porter

Massey, Ibehre, Sears

Subs:

Cousins, White, Thompson, Drey Wright, Bond, Bean, Morrison,

Now any team that secures more than 50 points and is relegated will be exceptionally unlucky but it is going to be a real nail biter with our game at Carlisle possibly pivotal to our survival. Clearly we don’t want it to go down to the last game but only three weeks ago three teams looked doomed and now only Pompey look in need of a miracle, everyone else is fighting hard for survival.

7 aways and only 5 homes left

Points are needed against Hartlepool, Bury, Oldham, Shrewsbury and Crewe

Unexpected points could come against Coventry and Notts County

Carlisle is the possible celebration game or Jimmy Glass where you are when we need you!

Safe journey for all travelling U’s to Hertfordshire.

Keep the faith

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

12 game season and counting................ on 07:13 - Mar 2 with 561 viewsnoah4x4

Understand where you are coming from Durham and largely agree, but I feel our destiny may additionally lie in these other fixtures that you don't mention;

Leyton Orient (h), MK Dons (h), Bournemouth (h)

At Home, these are winnable, especially if we can beat form side like Yeovil. Come to think of it, you and I believe that we can beat anybody (and there lies the evidence of our insanity).

Anyway, just about to set off to the Lamex. I wonder if they have running water and proper hand wash basins in the loo's yet? Disguisting.
12 game season and counting................ on 16:23 - Mar 2 with 541 viewsBarsidepete

Jabo! Now that's using your head

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12 game season and counting................ on 16:33 - Mar 2 with 537 viewsBarsidepete

12 game season and counting................ on 16:23 - Mar 2 by Barsidepete

Jabo! Now that's using your head

There's an echo!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12 game season and counting................ on 17:39 - Mar 2 with 524 viewsBluenWightExile

My turn with the correct prediction this week Mr H!!!!

Bravo Joe and the team, bravo. There is still hope and I would love to see us get something from Tuesday now. Not confident yet........but hoping!

Good win for Braintree too. Aren't they doing well!?

Uo the U's

Pinault-noir

12 game season and counting................ on 21:18 - Mar 2 with 502 viewswessex_exile

Tell you what chaps, that was as comprehensive as the result suggests, and were it not for a world-class double save from their keeper, it could have been even more. Stevenage may have the points on the board at the moment, but on that performance I really do think they look nailed-on for one of the relegation slots. As for the U's, a few more of those shifts and we'll be safe and sound - interestingly though, even the Stevenage fans I was talking to before the game agree 50pts won't be enough this season, 52 is the golden milestone.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

12 game season and counting................ on 21:35 - Mar 2 with 498 viewsHellasblue

12 game season and counting................ on 21:18 - Mar 2 by wessex_exile

Tell you what chaps, that was as comprehensive as the result suggests, and were it not for a world-class double save from their keeper, it could have been even more. Stevenage may have the points on the board at the moment, but on that performance I really do think they look nailed-on for one of the relegation slots. As for the U's, a few more of those shifts and we'll be safe and sound - interestingly though, even the Stevenage fans I was talking to before the game agree 50pts won't be enough this season, 52 is the golden milestone.

Did you see the fool who dropped his sweets everywhere behind the goal when Jabo scored his first? Funny ... oh, hold on that was me! (Was a peach of a header though).

Looked ok on the counter and merited the win. Went with Stevenage season ticket holder and they are still confident of staying up but want Westley back, predictably.

I've been to Lamex as neutral few times this season and Boro are a poor side, imo but three vital points nabbed today ...

:)

12 game season and counting................ on 22:04 - Mar 2 with 494 viewswessex_exile

12 game season and counting................ on 21:35 - Mar 2 by Hellasblue

Did you see the fool who dropped his sweets everywhere behind the goal when Jabo scored his first? Funny ... oh, hold on that was me! (Was a peach of a header though).

Looked ok on the counter and merited the win. Went with Stevenage season ticket holder and they are still confident of staying up but want Westley back, predictably.

I've been to Lamex as neutral few times this season and Boro are a poor side, imo but three vital points nabbed today ...

:)

Nah, missed that Hellas, think I might have been too busy giving the big lady steward who was handing out the polo mints a hug

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024