Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing 15:58 - Sep 10 with 951 viewsburnsieespana

On a more positive note we have signed Marvin Sordell on a permanent deal.
At 24 has a lot of experience aqt a higher level and on the face of it could be a decent addition to the squad. A friend of mine who knows him well reckons could easilt score 20 goals at our level so we will see!
Signing on 16:21 - Sep 10 with 936 viewsTheOldOakTree

That does appear to be an impressive signing. Scored freely at Championship level with Watford and at 24, if he's fit he could make a big difference.

Makes a mockery of the transfer window doesn't it? I guess by letting him go he's out of work and can't be stopped from getting another job.
Signing on 17:03 - Sep 10 with 913 viewsLeadbelly

His goal scoring record (31 in 160 games at various levels) does nothing to suggest he'll score 20 goals a season but he is a striker and I'm delighted we've signed him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Signing on 17:12 - Sep 10 with 904 viewsFruitbat

Signing on 16:21 - Sep 10 by TheOldOakTree

That does appear to be an impressive signing. Scored freely at Championship level with Watford and at 24, if he's fit he could make a big difference.

Makes a mockery of the transfer window doesn't it? I guess by letting him go he's out of work and can't be stopped from getting another job.

Sadly, I actually looked the league rules up last week. The basic gist of it is that as long as a player is without a club when the window closes, so would had have to have been released by 1700 (or 1800 - can't remember now) last Tuesday then they are a free agent and can sign for somebody else. If they're still registered with a club when the window closes and then get released they're stuffed until January.

I need to get out more.
Signing on 17:16 - Sep 10 with 897 viewsLeadbelly

Signing on 17:12 - Sep 10 by Fruitbat

Sadly, I actually looked the league rules up last week. The basic gist of it is that as long as a player is without a club when the window closes, so would had have to have been released by 1700 (or 1800 - can't remember now) last Tuesday then they are a free agent and can sign for somebody else. If they're still registered with a club when the window closes and then get released they're stuffed until January.

I need to get out more.

Which is why Lewington and others agreed to cancel contracts.

Come to the Bricklayers before games...that counts as getting out.

Signing on 18:46 - Sep 10 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Signing on 17:03 - Sep 10 by Leadbelly

His goal scoring record (31 in 160 games at various levels) does nothing to suggest he'll score 20 goals a season but he is a striker and I'm delighted we've signed him.

Marvin Sordell - good pedigree and at only 24 considerable championship experience and signing until the end of the season should score some goals for the U's.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Signing on 18:56 - Sep 10 with 856 viewsbwildered

The difference is that he has done it at a higher level. Let's hope he can smell that onion bag.

Remember getting out /in down the Palace, but cannot remember much of getting home Lead !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Signing on 21:38 - Sep 10 with 824 viewsLeadbelly

Signing on 18:56 - Sep 10 by bwildered

The difference is that he has done it at a higher level. Let's hope he can smell that onion bag.

Remember getting out /in down the Palace, but cannot remember much of getting home Lead !

I remember an exchange of views with some Millwall fans, getting split up at London Bridge and your comfort break on the platform at Chelmsford. We may have indulged more than was good for us that day!

Signing on 22:10 - Sep 10 with 814 viewswessex_exile

Signing on 21:38 - Sep 10 by Leadbelly

I remember an exchange of views with some Millwall fans, getting split up at London Bridge and your comfort break on the platform at Chelmsford. We may have indulged more than was good for us that day!

I suspect the good burghers of Chelmsford are continually dismayed by Colcestrian comfort breaks on their platform, I know I've had to in the past as well, and suspect there are many more out there...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Signing on 22:23 - Sep 10 with 808 viewsdurham_exile

Clarets Mad the Burnley fan web site refers to Colchester manager Tony Dunne!

Has TH been watching Face Off recently.

Anyway - Marvin Sordell could just kick start the U's season at Chesvegas on Saturday.

up the U's

Durham_exile

Signing on 07:06 - Sep 11 with 771 viewsLeadbelly

Signing on 22:10 - Sep 10 by wessex_exile

I suspect the good burghers of Chelmsford are continually dismayed by Colcestrian comfort breaks on their platform, I know I've had to in the past as well, and suspect there are many more out there...

If I recall correctly BW didn't actually leave the train to "use" the platform...just let fly when the doors opened. Out of order train facilities and significant ale consumption were to blame.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024