Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! 17:11 - May 3 with 4257 viewsjohnnyboy53

Wow, it's just been announced that the U's are to name our new manager as quick as tomorrow!

Seems likely to be an internal appointment then?

I am a little surprised after David Wright said only last week that he was going to ponder the appointment over the summer! What the hell is going on at my beloved club?

Poll: Are we turning the corner?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:23 - May 3 with 3029 viewsburnsieespana

Either Wright has made a quick decision or somebody else such as Mc Greal be appointed.
I supose an individual interviewed last time round is either now available without costing us anything or are still looking for a job.
Me, I reckon McGreal but assisted by Wright or Ball?
I do think it sensible to get somebody in place as next month or two going to be busy convincing players to stay or newly released at other clubs to join,
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:27 - May 3 with 3019 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:23 - May 3 by burnsieespana

Either Wright has made a quick decision or somebody else such as Mc Greal be appointed.
I supose an individual interviewed last time round is either now available without costing us anything or are still looking for a job.
I do think it sensible to get somebody in place as next month or two going to be busy convincing players to stay or newly released at other clubs to join,

Red Card Roy! Red Card Roy!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:30 - May 3 with 3016 viewswessex_exile

I agree - we don't have the luxury of a summer to decide with contract discussions to be had and new players sought. If it's not an external appointment then the smart money seems to be McGreal, which I can live with.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:21 - May 3 with 3004 viewsbwildered

LVG is not for turning so Jose must now be available .
RC must have convinced the internal appointment they can return to the academy if things go pear shaped .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:22 - May 3 with 3004 viewsFruitbat

Rather hoping for other than a novice this time round but the spped suggests its another internal and the smart money seems to be on McGreal.

Whoever it is, I wish him luck.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:21 - May 3 with 2952 viewsLeadbelly

FFS! Where did this news come from?

Best of luck to whoever takes the job. They're going to need it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:50 - May 3 with 2921 viewswessex_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:21 - May 3 by Leadbelly

FFS! Where did this news come from?

Best of luck to whoever takes the job. They're going to need it.

I believe it was tweeted by a journo (Marston?)

Up the U's

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:59 - May 3 with 2917 viewsmfb_cufc

Latest betting has McGreal at 1/4. Not sure they have much idea though as they have got Robbie Cowling at 20/ 1, and even Red Roy at the same price. Just goes to show what a joke this club has become.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 00:24 - May 4 with 2903 viewswessex_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:59 - May 3 by mfb_cufc

Latest betting has McGreal at 1/4. Not sure they have much idea though as they have got Robbie Cowling at 20/ 1, and even Red Roy at the same price. Just goes to show what a joke this club has become.

...or possibly what a joke the bookie's odds are? Don't read too much into their odds MFB, they've been predicting us for relegation every season since we emerged from the conference, and they've only been right twice in 25 years.

Up the U's!

Up the U's

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 00:43 - May 4 with 2904 viewscolu_mike

Oh joy, back to the tried and failed internal appointments then! If Cowling is expecting a different result this time, then he must be completely crazy!
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 00:54 - May 4 with 2902 viewscolu_mike

Come on, deciding contracts and targets is going to be a bit beyond the pay grade of the new yes man-ager... There’s no doubt that Tony Humes (under instruction from Cowling) will be the one making the decisions on players! The new ‘manager’ will have to work with what he’s given; playing a predetermined formation as per the Cowling philosophy which after all must be protected at ALL costs (even our Football League status)!
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 10:42 - May 4 with 2839 viewsburnsieespana

If it is McCreal think I can live with that as spoken overnight to somebody whose views on football I respect. He knows people like for example Mowbray and says McCreal's football brain is outstanding and likened him to Parky at the same age. This guy for your infirmation is not a Col U supporter so no axe to grind. Whoever is appointed we must give him 100% support as easy to forget players read social media, etc and it can't help them to see constant moaning about the club, Manager, etc.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 11:42 - May 4 with 2819 viewsmfb_cufc

If it is to be McGreal, why wasn't he given the job when Humes left? I understand he turned it down then, so what has changed for him to want to do it now.

mfb

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! (n/t) on 11:49 - May 4 with 2816 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:51]
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 12:43 - May 4 with 2792 viewsburnsieespana

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 11:42 - May 4 by mfb_cufc

If it is to be McGreal, why wasn't he given the job when Humes left? I understand he turned it down then, so what has changed for him to want to do it now.

Agree.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 13:10 - May 4 with 2779 viewsdurham_exile

Why the lemming like rush for McGreal. He turned the job down after the Burton Albion game (the 5-1).

What is wrong with DW and SB combination or Doogy.

I do hope that the speculation is wrong about McGreal..

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 14:22 - May 4 with 2753 viewsFruitbat

Well, it's McGreal. Nobody saw that coming.

Interesting to note though that his official designation is first team coach rather than manager.

Good luck to him, he'll need it especially if (when?) we make a slow start to next season.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 15:10 - May 4 with 2723 viewsburnsieespana

I think the time has come for Col U fans to stop moaning all the time and get 100% behind the Manager/First Team Coach and the players. They are not stupid. They read social media, etc and see the constant carping. If I was an employee I would get downheartyed a low in morale if the company I was part of was continually criticised.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 15:53 - May 4 with 2706 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 15:10 - May 4 by burnsieespana

I think the time has come for Col U fans to stop moaning all the time and get 100% behind the Manager/First Team Coach and the players. They are not stupid. They read social media, etc and see the constant carping. If I was an employee I would get downheartyed a low in morale if the company I was part of was continually criticised.

Burnsie, why after Joe Dunne and Tony Humes we have to stomach another from the youth set up?

This could be a disaster, McGreal.

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:38 - May 4 with 2663 viewsthrillseeker

I am always 100% supportive of team but recently have had many concerns regarding the managerial appointments and again this one disappoints me greatly.

I know people find this weird but the Ipshit connection bothers me I hated the appointment of Humes because of this. .You would never see Liverpool appoint Alex Ferguson as manager or Mourinho at West Ham as they understand rivalry. Another good example was Alex McLeish going to Aston Villa after managing Birmingham

At least if it was Wayne Brown I would be have been a little bit and I mean a little bit less disappointed as at least he contributed as a player for us.

I am also not overly keen on ex-Ipshit players either but sometimes they have earned the right for my praise for instance Roger Osborne, Micky Stockwell, Wayne Brown (and there are a few more) amidst the many failures of ex-Ipshit players

Rant over

Up the U's
[Post edited 4 May 2016 17:47]
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:05 - May 4 with 2644 viewsnoah4x4

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 14:22 - May 4 by Fruitbat

Well, it's McGreal. Nobody saw that coming.

Interesting to note though that his official designation is first team coach rather than manager.

Good luck to him, he'll need it especially if (when?) we make a slow start to next season.

First team coach makes perfect sense given that we now have a Director of Football.

I think it is also sensible that he focuses only on the First XI and then Humes can do the the rest. It is far too big a job to be 'Manager' hence responsible for of all 19 Academy coaches and all age groups plus handle the First Team Squad.

I would be interested to see how many of the Under 21's become 'over 21' in the next two years. Might be an inspired appointment.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:36 - May 4 with 2630 viewsbwildered

It's the common sense appointment internally . Know's the capabilities of the U21 academy players and current squad . The appointment of Steve Ball has No 2 who has managed Leiston and Maldon recently might be a wise move .

Two questions remain unanswered - Why did Keen leave ? Why did McGreal not take the job previously ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:44 - May 4 with 2618 viewsLeadbelly

How do I get 100% behind something that, based on the evidence of the last few seasons, doesn't work?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:46 - May 4 with 2616 viewsburnsieespana

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 17:38 - May 4 by thrillseeker

I am always 100% supportive of team but recently have had many concerns regarding the managerial appointments and again this one disappoints me greatly.

I know people find this weird but the Ipshit connection bothers me I hated the appointment of Humes because of this. .You would never see Liverpool appoint Alex Ferguson as manager or Mourinho at West Ham as they understand rivalry. Another good example was Alex McLeish going to Aston Villa after managing Birmingham

At least if it was Wayne Brown I would be have been a little bit and I mean a little bit less disappointed as at least he contributed as a player for us.

I am also not overly keen on ex-Ipshit players either but sometimes they have earned the right for my praise for instance Roger Osborne, Micky Stockwell, Wayne Brown (and there are a few more) amidst the many failures of ex-Ipshit players

Rant over

Up the U's
[Post edited 4 May 2016 17:47]

Thrillseeker I am sorry, but just don't get this anti Ipswich attitude. Yes we have had some good ones from them plus some not so good but surely that is the case for every signing? We don't know for sure what we will get until they play for us over a season as often flatter to deceive when first with us. I recall when Brown was signed a lot thought he was "over the hill" but he found a new lease of life with us and hells bells we even made money out of him!
He says he wants a few new faces and just maybe he might have some decent contacts. When Parky came in many of us thought "who the hell is he" and just maybe, given support John Mc might just turn out to be good for us. If we don't support him he will like Dunne, Humes, etc wither on the vine.
You talk about rivalry but Big Sam might just save Sunderland who looked down and out when he came in. He was at Newcastle before and I bet you, not many black cats fans will condemn him if he does!
Anyway, my rant over and all I want is a period of stability for the club I have supported for 60 years.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:02 - May 4 with 2607 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:46 - May 4 by burnsieespana

Thrillseeker I am sorry, but just don't get this anti Ipswich attitude. Yes we have had some good ones from them plus some not so good but surely that is the case for every signing? We don't know for sure what we will get until they play for us over a season as often flatter to deceive when first with us. I recall when Brown was signed a lot thought he was "over the hill" but he found a new lease of life with us and hells bells we even made money out of him!
He says he wants a few new faces and just maybe he might have some decent contacts. When Parky came in many of us thought "who the hell is he" and just maybe, given support John Mc might just turn out to be good for us. If we don't support him he will like Dunne, Humes, etc wither on the vine.
You talk about rivalry but Big Sam might just save Sunderland who looked down and out when he came in. He was at Newcastle before and I bet you, not many black cats fans will condemn him if he does!
Anyway, my rant over and all I want is a period of stability for the club I have supported for 60 years.

Everyone here knows I love Ipswich. But when Canaries play at Portman--which looks they will again shortly--I'm all Canary.

Ipswich is a pretty city. I can never hate on em. The club? maybe. The town? No. Won't happen. I would need twelve fingers to tell you what I appreciate about Ippy. (Not ITFC,.. Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024