Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES 23:44 - Jan 31 with 12972 viewsMFC1876

Interesting reading your comments on todays loan signing. I follow Boro home and away (including the Vetchfield and Liberty Stadium in the past) and I don't know of a single Boro fan who won't be happy that Marvellous Marvin has gone (for now at least).

Marvin is known as "Project Emnes" by many Boro fans (he earned this tag after ex-Manager Southgate said he was a long-term project when asked why he had waited 36 games in the 2008/09 season before starting his first League game).

This season he has been awful. 1 goal in 23 appearances (incl as sub), he has a heart like a pea, is soft as S***e, looks disinterested and the last two home games when he has been subbed (rightly so) he has gone straight down the tunnel. Not good.

He seems more bothered about his hair (which hasn't been cut since he was last at Swansea) than contributing to the team.

Our previous Manager Tony Mowbray alluded to Emnes fragile mental state on more than one occasion. "Marvin needs to be loved" was one of the quotes. Earning thousands of pounds a week ... more like needs a kick up the backside!

In terms of positives all I would say is he knows Swansea having played there, can be good on the break when tuned in and is only on loan so can be returned to Boro (groan).

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season you have been a breath of fresh air to the Premier League, deserved your League Cup win and I hope you enjoy your European adventures.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 23:53 - Jan 31 with 8216 viewsMolliemick

Thanks for taking so much trouble to attempt to dishearten us: but if he needs love he will do well here as we keep a welcome in the valleys for all players who wear our shirt.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:02 - Feb 1 with 8123 viewsLaudrup

I guess the same can be said about former Swansea striker Danny Graham who has just joined Boro.

But I think he has used more than 23 games to score 1 goal, and of course it was against Swansea.

I hate signatures

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:12 - Feb 1 with 8036 viewsDarran

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:02 - Feb 1 by Laudrup

I guess the same can be said about former Swansea striker Danny Graham who has just joined Boro.

But I think he has used more than 23 games to score 1 goal, and of course it was against Swansea.

Back of the net Dude.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:13 - Feb 1 with 8022 viewsMFC1876

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:02 - Feb 1 by Laudrup

I genuinely hope he does well for The Swans. We don't want him back at Boro but if he feels "loved" and you can get the best out of him then good luck to you.

Danny Graham has 1 goal in 30 games but has some good qualities for the Championship and I think he'll do well. He is returning to Boro where started his professional career as an 18 year old and will be welcomed back with open arms. He left on good terms but had a "mission impossible" trying to get in the team with competition from the likes of Viduka and Hasselbaink. I think he will do well at Boro with two good wingers (Adomah and Carayol) supplying the ammunition.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:19 - Feb 1 with 7981 viewskopperburgjack

Are you fukin serious? This guy is a genuine Boro fan and has give us an insight to what he's been like for them.. Cheers mate, appreciate it! (Not being sarcastic by the way)

So it looks like an awful signing! If he can't do it in the championship he's certainly not gonna do it in the prem.. Ffs

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:46 - Feb 1 with 7890 viewsDyfnant

You'd swear we've just spunked a couple of million on him going by some of the over reactions on here tonight.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 01:08 - Feb 1 with 7805 viewsNatterjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 00:46 - Feb 1 by Dyfnant

You'd swear we've just spunked a couple of million on him going by some of the over reactions on here tonight.

Exactly this ^

I feel as underwhelmed as anyone but he's a back-up player who may or may not do well - either way, he cost next-to-nothing and is better that no-one given our recent injury crisis.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 02:55 - Feb 1 with 7661 viewsswanskid95

My guess is that if he scores the winner again against scum next week, all the fans moaning about his loan move, will soon be his biggest fans!

I think its a good move, he suits are style of play very well, and lets be honest, i would rather have Emnes in the team than Sheckter or Vazquez!

Couldn't imagine what this forum would of been like if Sheckter got re-signed this window.
Login to get fewer ads

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 02:58 - Feb 1 with 7660 viewssnork44

This is why I am pi$$ed off with some of the negative idiots we have on this board! We have got two players for next to nothing that add to the squad, now if the board had sanctioned deals of a couple of million on each and two year contracts then I would be questioning Huws sanity! But Emnes and Ngog are both here till the end of the season. As I said before if you want signings like Rooney or Saurez fvck off and support Man Utd or Liverpool.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 3:38]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:18 - Feb 1 with 7426 viewsSwansNZ

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 01:08 - Feb 1 by Natterjack

Exactly this ^

I feel as underwhelmed as anyone but he's a back-up player who may or may not do well - either way, he cost next-to-nothing and is better that no-one given our recent injury crisis.

Very true.

I don't think we really NEEDED to buy anyone, so getting a couple of backup players on loan is ok - we can give them back in a few months, if we want.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:42 - Feb 1 with 7352 viewsblaine_scfc

Brilliant bit of business for Boro replacing Emnes with Graham, DG twice the player.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:04 - Feb 1 with 7262 viewsIAN05

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:42 - Feb 1 by blaine_scfc

Brilliant bit of business for Boro replacing Emnes with Graham, DG twice the player.

Apart from the fact that they are incomparable as are totally different players, playing different roles, lets wait and see, eh !

Everything is relative. If he has a couple of appearances of bench and we get results, the minimal outlay and zero risk will be worth it.

if we go down, we will have got it wrong

Simple
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:13 - Feb 1 with 7201 viewsTrundle10

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:04 - Feb 1 by IAN05

Apart from the fact that they are incomparable as are totally different players, playing different roles, lets wait and see, eh !

Everything is relative. If he has a couple of appearances of bench and we get results, the minimal outlay and zero risk will be worth it.

Simple

I would have preffered DG10 back tho in all honesty
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:17 - Feb 1 with 7189 viewsblaine_scfc

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:04 - Feb 1 by IAN05

Simple

Totally different players? They both play up front, Emnes can play out wide aswell granted.

Signing Emnes won't keep us up/send us down, but it's just a pointless bit of business, not needed here and obviously not needed at Boro. I could understand N'Gog to a degree, but not this one. But as you claim in your previous posts regarding our transfer dealings, Laudrup must of sanctioned it.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 7144 views2face

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 23:53 - Jan 31 by Molliemick

Thanks for taking so much trouble to attempt to dishearten us: but if he needs love he will do well here as we keep a welcome in the valleys for all players who wear our shirt.

Last week people were booing Hernandez from the stands.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:38 - Feb 1 with 7081 viewsIAN05

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:17 - Feb 1 by blaine_scfc

Totally different players? They both play up front, Emnes can play out wide aswell granted.

Signing Emnes won't keep us up/send us down, but it's just a pointless bit of business, not needed here and obviously not needed at Boro. I could understand N'Gog to a degree, but not this one. But as you claim in your previous posts regarding our transfer dealings, Laudrup must of sanctioned it.

They are very different players in very different roles. One relies on pace and explosiveness, one relies on movement and finishing.

Graham plays the old fashioned British Striker role, whereas Emnes plays as a second striker or wideman.

Don't believe for one minute he was first choice, as the pursuit of Ince, Chadli and Schlupp shows he clearly wasn't, but if anyone thinks he was offered to Laudrup and he turned it down but Huw said, we are signing him anyway, they are crazy.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:40 - Feb 1 with 7066 viewsGowerjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 02:58 - Feb 1 by snork44

This is why I am pi$$ed off with some of the negative idiots we have on this board! We have got two players for next to nothing that add to the squad, now if the board had sanctioned deals of a couple of million on each and two year contracts then I would be questioning Huws sanity! But Emnes and Ngog are both here till the end of the season. As I said before if you want signings like Rooney or Saurez fvck off and support Man Utd or Liverpool.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 3:38]

Yes and the reason they cost "next to nothing" is because the are both useless.

Fc uk me we have some brainless plums on here.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:41 - Feb 1 with 7062 viewsblaine_scfc

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:38 - Feb 1 by IAN05

They are very different players in very different roles. One relies on pace and explosiveness, one relies on movement and finishing.

Graham plays the old fashioned British Striker role, whereas Emnes plays as a second striker or wideman.

Don't believe for one minute he was first choice, as the pursuit of Ince, Chadli and Schlupp shows he clearly wasn't, but if anyone thinks he was offered to Laudrup and he turned it down but Huw said, we are signing him anyway, they are crazy.

Fair comment, I would just prefer DG over Emnes all day, but I suppose DG wouldn't have been happy with bench hence why he left.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:46 - Feb 1 with 7016 viewsIAN05

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:41 - Feb 1 by blaine_scfc

Fair comment, I would just prefer DG over Emnes all day, but I suppose DG wouldn't have been happy with bench hence why he left.

All about opinions mate. Personally believe we needed to add pace (not that I wanted Emnes) and Graham would be battling with Michu and Bony, a battle he would lose hands down.

Grahams off field 'activities' would rule him out for me. There is a good reason why he struggled in his last year here, Sunderland and Hull.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:50 - Feb 1 with 6995 viewsGowerjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:46 - Feb 1 by IAN05

All about opinions mate. Personally believe we needed to add pace (not that I wanted Emnes) and Graham would be battling with Michu and Bony, a battle he would lose hands down.

Grahams off field 'activities' would rule him out for me. There is a good reason why he struggled in his last year here, Sunderland and Hull.

Do tell...

Drink?
Marching powder ?
Young girls/boys ?

You are obviously ITK so share your info with us !

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:58 - Feb 1 with 6962 viewsattila_the_hun

'Heart Like A Pea' ?
wtf

"I'm Free"

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 09:08 - Feb 1 with 6891 viewsLeonisGod

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:18 - Feb 1 by SwansNZ

Very true.

I don't think we really NEEDED to buy anyone, so getting a couple of backup players on loan is ok - we can give them back in a few months, if we want.

Yep. What we really needed was to (a) not lose anyone and (b) get some of our players back from injury. Job done on both accounts.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 09:09 - Feb 1 with 6875 viewsIAN05

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:50 - Feb 1 by Gowerjack

Do tell...

Drink?
Marching powder ?
Young girls/boys ?

You are obviously ITK so share your info with us !

Add gambling and poor application leading to a lack of fitness to drinking and you have your reasons
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 09:12 - Feb 1 with 6862 viewsLeonisGod

Cheers pal. Funny how players go on and off the boil. As others have said, graham was great for us and has completely flopped since. Not helped at all by off the field troubles. If you can get his head right and keep him out of the bars (unlikely, cos that's why he wanted to head back towards the NE), then he could be very good for you.

As for Emnes, who knows how he'll turn out. A couple of weeks ago when we ran out of wider players he'd have come in handy. So useful backup if nothing else.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 09:23 - Feb 1 with 6804 viewsmonmouth

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 09:12 - Feb 1 by LeonisGod

Cheers pal. Funny how players go on and off the boil. As others have said, graham was great for us and has completely flopped since. Not helped at all by off the field troubles. If you can get his head right and keep him out of the bars (unlikely, cos that's why he wanted to head back towards the NE), then he could be very good for you.

As for Emnes, who knows how he'll turn out. A couple of weeks ago when we ran out of wider players he'd have come in handy. So useful backup if nothing else.

And he's not intended to be anything else. If he doesn't grasp his one or two cameo chances spectacularly we won't be seeing him so why worry.

Time to forget all the cack now, although the usual suspects will be frothing at the gash with righteous misery for a few months yet no doubt. The teams are now finalised, 15 games, get 16 points and give both cups a good lash. Let's do it!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024