Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press Conference tomorrow apparently 14:41 - Feb 2 with 27139 viewsDarran

According to the text I've just had.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:49 - Feb 2 with 2207 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:46 - Feb 2 by GeoffThom

Smacks of these or nothing were your employers and we think these are good enough so put up and shut up make do as for the scouting if true they need an overhaul

Geoff even for you that's just wild speculation based on nothing other than you want to create a conspiracy theory.

I will leave it there I have told you what I know on this subject, whether you choose to believe it or not is completely your call.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:53 - Feb 2 with 2166 viewsmonmouth

It could of course have gone like this....

"It's OK Huw, I'm happy when the injuries clear I have what I need, but we could do with short term cover from people who won't expect to play much and to back up Bony and Michu....Vasquez hasn't really worked out'

"Ok Michael, what about Emnes, we liked him when he was here before, and do you know that ex Liverpool man Ngog. Both still very young at 25 with lots of experience; will be happy to warm a PL bench and you can have a look at them in training'

"sounds great Huw. Do your stuff, cheers. Oh by the way I'm off to Paris after the WH game"

"Have a great time"

No? Probably not, but just as possible as any of the other speculative shat on here.

Hopefully it'll all be put to bed by an emphatic win on Saturday, whatever. If ML is still our manager that is.......

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:54 - Feb 2 with 2160 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

To be honest Sky have probably rolled into town early ahead of Saturday's game to do some build up

I don't think there is anything to it
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:55 - Feb 2 with 2143 viewsUxbridge

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:34 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

How would you explain Michu, JDG, Canas, Chico etc then. It seems pretty obvious that someone at the club has been desperate to get Emnes here, I just want to know why? He clearly struggled to maintain a decent level of performance at championship level, who at the club thinks he can do it here.. It's all well and good looking for cheap option squad players, but when they are needed they are simply not good enough to make any sort of impact.

I'd explain them by pointing at them being players Laudrup knew of from La Liga. Am I really supposed to believe Laudrup knows much about the Israeli first division? That's what scouts are for. Laudrup will of course have to sanction any signing.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:56 - Feb 2 with 2128 viewsSwanfan1

you working with a tight budget, they cant afford to buy any players, here you have loan signing after loan signing not deemed good enough for mid level championship teams.

But I think the board should rightfully be pissed at ML,
2 things he got wrong. insisting on small squad despite KNOWING THE TROUBLES OF EUROPA LEAGUE.
letting go players like Luke Moore to get some unproven not good enough shit players from Getafe.

They also spent 6 Mill. quid on a defensive midfielder a good one from Celtic,
and despite his faults, and despite it being his first premier league season he did a decent job for us last season.

Wont bother if he goes frankly

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:56 - Feb 2 with 2110 viewsGeoffThom

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:49 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Geoff even for you that's just wild speculation based on nothing other than you want to create a conspiracy theory.

I will leave it there I have told you what I know on this subject, whether you choose to believe it or not is completely your call.

Why oh why would you sanction the signing of a player you know f all about don't know weather he'd fit in his personality his style his playing record and weather he'd help your side don't get me wrong he may become good but at the moment he's done nowt it seems to me it's a case of ok if you want him I'll back it as I'm going anyway
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:57 - Feb 2 with 2100 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:41 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And Schechter, Vazquez and Lamah??

It seems to you because you want to believe it that the manager knew nothing about it but he did and sanctioned the signing of Marvin Emnes. It happened. It really did.

Had the manager said no then we would not have signed him. We really wouldn't.

Sorry Phil, but for me saying he 'sanctioned' the move sounds like typical lawyer weasel words.

Let me ask you this: Do you think Laudrup **wanted** Emnes at the club?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:58 - Feb 2 with 2089 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:56 - Feb 2 by GeoffThom

Why oh why would you sanction the signing of a player you know f all about don't know weather he'd fit in his personality his style his playing record and weather he'd help your side don't get me wrong he may become good but at the moment he's done nowt it seems to me it's a case of ok if you want him I'll back it as I'm going anyway

Maybe it is and who knows why he chose to do it but he sanctioned it. I'm just telling it as it is for those who believe that he knew nothing about the player and therefore he must have been signed over his head.
Login to get fewer ads

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:58 - Feb 2 with 2079 viewsIAN05

I have been trying to explain to these people for weeks that Laudrup has to approve any signing. I don't think these people will ever believe it, despite people with far greater inside knowledge than me on this thread telling them over and over.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:59 - Feb 2 with 2061 viewsSwanfan1

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:57 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Sorry Phil, but for me saying he 'sanctioned' the move sounds like typical lawyer weasel words.

I think Huw is like feck it we add more bodies in the squad, as ML´s stupid policy of having a small squad have backfired

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:00 - Feb 2 with 2050 viewsblaine_scfc

Spot on Shaky. I'd also be interested in everyone's opinion on that. I personally don't think he wanted Emnes here, hence the tone of yesterday's interview.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 2042 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:59 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

I think Huw is like feck it we add more bodies in the squad, as ML´s stupid policy of having a small squad have backfired

That is the most likely sounding thing I have read in the last 10mins.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 2041 viewsPhil_S

Do I believe that Laudrup went to Huw Jenkins and said "Huw I want that Marvin Emnes from Boro at this club at all expense even if it means selling Michu to finance it"?

No I don't.

But I know for a fact that he agreed/sanctioned/gave the signing his blessing whatever terminology you want to use. So conspiracy theories can go elsewhere because let's be fair people have stated as fact that he was a Jenkins signing that the manager knew nothing about. Which is just wrong.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 2030 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:59 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

So we sign low quality players for the sake of signing them?
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 2002 viewsShaky

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:01 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Do I believe that Laudrup went to Huw Jenkins and said "Huw I want that Marvin Emnes from Boro at this club at all expense even if it means selling Michu to finance it"?

No I don't.

But I know for a fact that he agreed/sanctioned/gave the signing his blessing whatever terminology you want to use. So conspiracy theories can go elsewhere because let's be fair people have stated as fact that he was a Jenkins signing that the manager knew nothing about. Which is just wrong.

Ve haf vays of extractiing yor sanxsions, nicht var?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 1990 viewsIAN05

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:00 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Spot on Shaky. I'd also be interested in everyone's opinion on that. I personally don't think he wanted Emnes here, hence the tone of yesterday's interview.

I don't think anyone at the club wanted Emnes as first choice, the fact that we tried to get Ince, Chadli and Schlupp tells you that.

But, the constant nonsense on here about HJ making signings without Laudrups consent is rubbish. Its such nonsense that people are even twisting innocent comments made in interviews to try and prove a point.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 1988 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:03 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Ve haf vays of extractiing yor sanxsions, nicht var?

You don't change, have a good evening
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:05 - Feb 2 with 1983 viewsjacksinceever

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 15:44 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

No. But if Huw and co aren't wanting ML to be in charge, they wont want to pay him off and therefore could force him to resign. One way of doing this would be to sing players who ML didnt want. Just a thought.

Got visions of Huw & Co standing outside ML's door singing "One Marvin Emnes, There's Only One Marvin Emnes...." etc
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:05 - Feb 2 with 1969 viewsunion_jack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:41 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And Schechter, Vazquez and Lamah??

It seems to you because you want to believe it that the manager knew nothing about it but he did and sanctioned the signing of Marvin Emnes. It happened. It really did.

Had the manager said no then we would not have signed him. We really wouldn't.

Yes Phil but was it a case if "he'll be a good back up within the squad Huw, thanks"

Or

"Whatever!"

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:06 - Feb 2 with 1968 viewsIAN05

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:31 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

And that is a bigger point. Never going to say Emnes is the answer but I know for a fact that ML sanctioned the signing and had he not done so then he would not have been signed

The interview however suggests to me quite clearly that - as we have suspected for some time - things are not well between the manager and his employers

A real decision needs to be made on how bad the relationship is. If it is damaging to the point of affecting our PL status then a big call is needed.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:08 - Feb 2 with 1934 viewsSwanfan1

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:02 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

So we sign low quality players for the sake of signing them?

desperate times call for desperate measures, we get what we can afford and are willing to come.

Huw tried everything he could to get Tom Ince, didnt work
I am sure he tried to sign better players then Emnes, and it didnt work so
he said better than nothing Emnes.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:10 - Feb 2 with 1914 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:06 - Feb 2 by IAN05

A real decision needs to be made on how bad the relationship is. If it is damaging to the point of affecting our PL status then a big call is needed.

Agreed.

If Laudrup needs to go, then he needs to go now. Questions need to be asked with the board aswell, Laudrup has been far from perfect but there is no way this is all Laudrup.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:11 - Feb 2 with 1897 viewsmonmouth

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:06 - Feb 2 by IAN05

All joking aside, aint that the truth.

Sort it out, one way or the other.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:12 - Feb 2 with 1884 viewsblaine_scfc

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:08 - Feb 2 by Swanfan1

desperate times call for desperate measures, we get what we can afford and are willing to come.

Huw tried everything he could to get Tom Ince, didnt work
I am sure he tried to sign better players then Emnes, and it didnt work so
he said better than nothing Emnes.

Things weren't desperate in the summer, and the transfer window before that when he was continually linked. Someone has been desperate on getting him here, and it hasn't been Laudrup.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:12 - Feb 2 with 1883 viewsPhil_S

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:10 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Agreed.

If Laudrup needs to go, then he needs to go now. Questions need to be asked with the board aswell, Laudrup has been far from perfect but there is no way this is all Laudrup.

Out of interest what do you think Laudrup has done wrong and what do you think the board have done wrong?

Not disputing the comment just interested on which bits you see as each others fault
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024