Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea shame the FA Cup 23:25 - Feb 16 with 5412 viewsDarran

Wha a load of f*cking shit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-3-1-swansea-toffees-stroll-3

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:33 - Feb 16 with 3501 views_Kieran

Agreed. Total b0llocks. We are not Manchester City we're Swansea City.

EDIT - We do not have the squad to compete on all three fronts and we competed superbly for two thirds of the game before an uncharacteristic error by a good left back.

These people don't have a clue seriously.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 2:15]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:34 - Feb 16 with 3499 viewsLohengrin

If we'd have lost 11-0 he may have had a point. It was pretty even at half time in all respects. Second half Everton were by far the better side. No argument with the result.

Shame? The unhinged musings of a barely literate bog trotter finds a willing echo in the column of a Trinity house-hack.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 23:37]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:35 - Feb 16 with 3491 viewsSwanseajill

An insult?
more of an insult to our players today who gave a good account of themselves. Played with passion, not something we have seen a lot of this season.

Still while talking about us.....their leaving someone else alone.
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:38 - Feb 16 with 3462 viewsMolliemick

If Haddock the journalist looked in the Mirror would he see a slug?
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:42 - Feb 16 with 3434 views_Kieran

Yeah we played very well today.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:57 - Feb 16 with 3364 viewsepaul

Great response on there

Ryan Davies
11:34 PM on 16/2/2014

This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Ryan Davies. Show Details

This comment is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show Details

Did you watch the full game? Or does your lazy journalistic style only warrant a look at the opening punditry on ITV's coverage? Swansea gave Everton a run for their money up until the Toffee's second goal. Peter Reid et al at half time even said they were surprised at how close the game had been and skipped over the prematch slating they gave the Swans. So it wasn't the all-star selection, but surely a large squad is there to provide options. This was Monk's choice, and for a moment it looked like they could win it. It wasn't the walk over you make it out to be. Monk didn't field a sunday league team. The only insult here is to journalism, but you've got a long legacy of crapping on that reputation. Bravo, Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-3-1-swansea-toffees-stroll-3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:57 - Feb 16 with 3365 viewsJackFish

"Is the Europa League really that much more important than the world’s oldest knock-out ­competition?"

Umm yes, I'd say for a small club like us it is because the opportunity to compete in Europe doesn't come around very often.

Would have loved to seen a stronger team today but definitely third on our list of priorities this season.
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:59 - Feb 16 with 3362 viewsC_jack

He put a team out there to do a job, and they did it well, apart from a few errors.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:59 - Feb 16 with 3360 viewsSwansNZ

"Is the Europa League really that much more important than the world’s oldest knock-out ­competition?"

Very few teams get to enter either of the 2 European competitions, and we might not get to play on this stage ever or for a long time again, so YES it is better then the FA cup!

Anyway, Mirror - F**k em!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:11 - Feb 17 with 3327 views_Kieran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:59 - Feb 16 by SwansNZ

Very few teams get to enter either of the 2 European competitions, and we might not get to play on this stage ever or for a long time again, so YES it is better then the FA cup!

Anyway, Mirror - F**k em!

Nothing more to be said, just smile.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:23 - Feb 17 with 3312 viewsDyfnant

If he wants shame, he needs to check out the 11 pricks OGS picked on Saturday

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:26 - Feb 17 with 3294 views_Kieran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:23 - Feb 17 by Dyfnant

If he wants shame, he needs to check out the 11 pricks OGS picked on Saturday

Didn't they pick the 'A-Team' ? I don't keep up with the news.

EDIT - I noticed their fans were confirming what I already know about Zaha, and it's not good news.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 0:27]

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:32 - Feb 17 with 3288 viewsDyfnant

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:26 - Feb 17 by _Kieran

Didn't they pick the 'A-Team' ? I don't keep up with the news.

EDIT - I noticed their fans were confirming what I already know about Zaha, and it's not good news.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 0:27]

Played his best with his Norwegian trio in as well.
What have they confirmed?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:35 - Feb 17 with 3273 views_Kieran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:32 - Feb 17 by Dyfnant

Played his best with his Norwegian trio in as well.
What have they confirmed?

That he's not very good.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 00:42 - Feb 17 with 3259 viewsjruss1

The media love in with the FA Cup got really boring a number of years ago.
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 01:11 - Feb 17 with 3221 viewsymaohyd

The FA Cup is a wonderful competition. However as with all cup competitions it is a lottery. Having been drawn away to Man U, then Birminham, we were dealt the hammer blow of yet another away tie to another Premier league club!

When that draw was made a few Sundays back, my interest went and I'm sure so did the board and management. Seems negative, yes, but that's the way it is. A home tie against anyone would have seen us filed a strong side, away again though, no chance.

The equation for a Prem side at this stage of the season as far as fielding a strong side in the Fa Cup is concerned is to have points in the bank. This time last season we were about 8 points to the better.

So all in all the equation this season is - yet another shi* draw + involvement in a relegation battle + involvement in the Europa on Thursday = a 2nd string side.

If the media can't accept or see that well that's their problem.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 01:46 - Feb 17 with 3192 viewsUxbridge

Is that journo really saying that the FA cup is a more prestigious competition than an European one? Iesu mawr. Typical english arrogance.

Our fans still talk about our European games in the 80's. Does anyone remember the FA cup games inbetween? Hardly in comparison. The Napoli tie is everything we'd ever want as a fan.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 02:20 - Feb 17 with 3159 views_Kieran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 01:46 - Feb 17 by Uxbridge

Is that journo really saying that the FA cup is a more prestigious competition than an European one? Iesu mawr. Typical english arrogance.

Our fans still talk about our European games in the 80's. Does anyone remember the FA cup games inbetween? Hardly in comparison. The Napoli tie is everything we'd ever want as a fan.

Exactly this. I used to 'dream' of these sort of fixtures whilst playing Football manager games.

Whilst the PL is and has to be our #1 priority our footballing demolition of Valencia at the Mestalla was my favourite Swans result ever excluding the 'life or death' games like Hull City + Reading.

I would LOVE it if we beat Napoli. Let's f*cking attack them at the Liberty! We've played and beat better teams in the Premier League.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 2:22]

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 02:45 - Feb 17 with 3141 viewsmikl0s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f_B23QGCEmA

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 02:47 - Feb 17 with 3136 views_Kieran

Were the media writing the same bullsh!t after Birmingham City away because we fielded half a team then too.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 06:49 - Feb 17 with 2927 viewslonglostjack

Don't let the reality get in the way of a good story. That really is a very bad piece of "journalism".
I wonder how they'll report on Friday if we win. No prizes for guessing if we lose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 07:35 - Feb 17 with 2825 viewsjackal

Did I hear right? Roy Keane talking of shaming football. The man who shat on his country in 2002. Tried his best to smash an opponent's leg in a deliberate assault. I would accept criticism from an honorable man, but not him.
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 07:57 - Feb 17 with 2735 viewsblaine_scfc

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 07:35 - Feb 17 by jackal

Did I hear right? Roy Keane talking of shaming football. The man who shat on his country in 2002. Tried his best to smash an opponent's leg in a deliberate assault. I would accept criticism from an honorable man, but not him.

Mentioned that on the match thread, couldn't make it up. The guy is a first class tw@.

Ps - to all the mods, I have unintentionally "reported abuse" earlier, phone was on a mad one, sorry for extra paperwork.
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 08:33 - Feb 17 with 2624 viewsClinton

This sort of thing is a sign of our increasing status.
Firstly that we are actually newsworthy enough to be worth slagging off by those looking for a cheap story.
Secondly that we are in a position where we have to make a decision to prioritise between An FA Cup last 16 game and a Europa League last 32 game.
COYS

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 2590 viewsNOTRAC

Sensibly though was there a need for all those changes.Shouldn't the substitutions have been handled better when we were still in with a chance of getting something from the game.And for all those who say the F A Cup is not important think of 1927 and how if we could win it we would stop the bragging rights of Cardiff for ever and a day.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024