Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71230 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:01 - Feb 19 with 1747 viewsSwansNZ

It does appear that the club has gone about things the wrong way. You should sack someone face to face and then email and send a hard copy. We only have MLs version, but at the end of the day, it's not really about the way it was done, it's the reasons for it.

Looked like ML stated a few times about our COC win and 9th finish last season, BUT, we did not sack him last season, so that's irrelevant.

Very strange to hold a press conference whilst you are supposed to be taking legal action.

Anyway, thanks to him for his time here, but we've moved on now.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:06 - Feb 19 with 1733 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:55 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Changes were needed, no doubt about that Doc as I keep on repeating. I have no ill feeling towards Laudrup at all and wish him all the best in the future, but I am actually glad he has come out and and told his side of the story.

I actually believe what he has said about he gave the board a list of players who said they had wanted to come and play for us, but none showed. I have had the feeling for a long time that the board are taking control of the player recruitment and it doesn't bode well with me in the slightest, IF is true then Huw can f*ck off and so can the rest of the board in my opinion, I feel that strongly about it.

You think the manager of a football club does all the work in transfer dealings? They might say what players they want, but it will be the board that does the dealings.

Didn't ML ask Huw about why none of the players did not sign?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 8:15]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:08 - Feb 19 with 1726 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:06 - Feb 19 by SwansNZ

You think the manager of a football club does all the work in transfer dealings? They might say what players they want, but it will be the board that does the dealings.

Didn't ML ask Huw about why none of the players did not sign?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 8:15]

Like Laudrup said when asked the question why none of them signed, ask Huw. Hopefully Huw will give honest answers. Im not so sure.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 8:10]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:20 - Feb 19 with 1693 viewsouttolunch

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:01 - Feb 19 by monmouth

This has been my view since the day he left. If everything was as ML would like to portray it he'd still be here wouldn't he. fact is, the board clearly thought we had a serious problem with him and he had to go now. Sorry to all the cry babies out there but our club would not spend an unnecessary penny never mind risk spunking all the rodgers cash unless they thought there was no other option...and immediately.

Al this other childish drivel is just noise, and playing it through the media is plainly pathetic. Take your ridiculous wedge and just f**k off man.

My take on this is slightly different. I think the board did take contol of the transfers in the end. Not making the decisions on who was in or out but handing it back to their own scouting team rather than ML and his agent. Does any player ML want ever come into a club other than via his Agent Batrum? A previous danish poster alluded to the fact they don't. In their first season they had some success with transfers . However they also brought us schecter, vasquesz, lamah - players that i cant see any reason for bringing in unless the agent can see coin. I see the signings of ki and shelvey as the club scouts signings , perhaps even Bony.

Wasnt last summer all about ML and his agent and dumping names in the press about who they would like to bring in. We can all pick the best players in Europe and say we want them . Could we realistically afford them though ? We will never know that. Aspas would always go to liverpool over us and aubenyang held out for a move to a champions league side. Hardly realistic targets of ours but it sounds good.

It will all come out in the wash....or will it. ? Club is saying nothing so if it is breach of contract and ML contests it then all the gory details will surface in the court case. It won't get to that. These things rarely do.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:27 - Feb 19 with 1677 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:20 - Feb 19 by outtolunch

My take on this is slightly different. I think the board did take contol of the transfers in the end. Not making the decisions on who was in or out but handing it back to their own scouting team rather than ML and his agent. Does any player ML want ever come into a club other than via his Agent Batrum? A previous danish poster alluded to the fact they don't. In their first season they had some success with transfers . However they also brought us schecter, vasquesz, lamah - players that i cant see any reason for bringing in unless the agent can see coin. I see the signings of ki and shelvey as the club scouts signings , perhaps even Bony.

Wasnt last summer all about ML and his agent and dumping names in the press about who they would like to bring in. We can all pick the best players in Europe and say we want them . Could we realistically afford them though ? We will never know that. Aspas would always go to liverpool over us and aubenyang held out for a move to a champions league side. Hardly realistic targets of ours but it sounds good.

It will all come out in the wash....or will it. ? Club is saying nothing so if it is breach of contract and ML contests it then all the gory details will surface in the court case. It won't get to that. These things rarely do.

Aspas was ours to sign if the board got the deal done early. But they didn't bother. The lad who went to Leverkusen could of been a possibility, he said himself
"He liked our project" etc but he decided to wait on a champions league side which he had every right to do. Laudrup relied on getting in early and quietly before big clubs became aware, first season it was done with players like Michu, but for whatever reason it wasn't this season. All questions for the board.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 8:28]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:31 - Feb 19 with 1657 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:27 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Aspas was ours to sign if the board got the deal done early. But they didn't bother. The lad who went to Leverkusen could of been a possibility, he said himself
"He liked our project" etc but he decided to wait on a champions league side which he had every right to do. Laudrup relied on getting in early and quietly before big clubs became aware, first season it was done with players like Michu, but for whatever reason it wasn't this season. All questions for the board.

No doubt the Bayram issues got in the way somewhere along the line.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:34 - Feb 19 with 1648 viewsAnotherJohn

Going back to last summer, I'd guess there was truth in the rumour that the Board/home-based scouts favoured looking for promising recruits in the Championship, while Laudrup and his team wanted European signings. Due to an unexpected series of events we are now in a position to gauge how far players like Emnes and Ngog can make the grade, while probably having enough in our locker to avoid relegation. At the moment I still think that survival requires the occasional big international signing like Bony - a signing that Huw Jenkins apparently said he didn't want to repeat. I think it would be a mistake to pin our hopes on players like Jonathan Williams, while getting rid of some of our imported stars. One wonders if this issue relates to the Swansea principles that Huw Jenkins mentioned.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:37 - Feb 19 with 1636 viewsperchrockjack

Last season s winning of a Cup was good but PL status is what will sustain our club and take it forward.

If the Board were to resign where would we go and who would take over

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:38 - Feb 19 with 1636 viewsJackhero

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:20 - Feb 19 by outtolunch

I think Dr Winston posted a good link on here the other day with regards to agents and certain managers being linked together and doing dodgy deals up at wet sham. One of their players not wanting to sign with an agent and so was frozen out and shipped off to QPR. Tragic. I'm not saying there has been much of that going on with laudrup and tutu but that relationship didn't do the swans much good if those players like schetchter were the ones his agent were getting us. Agents are crooks and I am glad our board treat them with the disrespect they deserve.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:05 - Feb 19 with 1581 viewsouttolunch

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:27 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

How do you know Aspas was ours. ? Aubeyang was playing the game and leaving his options open that was all. Michu was well documented. We got lucky. He was hawked all over the shop but no one took the gamble.

ML and his agent use the papers for their own good. They play the game . It is easy to see and the media will listen. All last summer was the agents work in the press.

Emnes was no surprise to me. Our head scout was from middlesborough. We even looked at Williams according to the papers. That twitter comment from leigh said ' we' . I take that 'we 'as being the club and its scouts not the board. It certainly wasnt an ML signing.

We continue to look into things and surmise. ML is a clever guy at trying to protect his reputation and image. He has been at it along time and no doubt knows the angles with the media. Dripping info to make him look good through his agent. Who knows how much is true but unless the club gets into a media battle with him we will never know. Im not sure if the club are doing the right thing by saying nothing or just naive in this practice
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 1553 viewsDarran

I have to question if people like you are right in the head.
All youve done for the last couple of months is want Laudrup out and now he's gone it's the board getting it.

Weird as f*ck some people.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:41 - Feb 19 with 1524 viewsJackSomething

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:05 - Feb 19 by outtolunch

How do you know Aspas was ours. ? Aubeyang was playing the game and leaving his options open that was all. Michu was well documented. We got lucky. He was hawked all over the shop but no one took the gamble.

ML and his agent use the papers for their own good. They play the game . It is easy to see and the media will listen. All last summer was the agents work in the press.

Emnes was no surprise to me. Our head scout was from middlesborough. We even looked at Williams according to the papers. That twitter comment from leigh said ' we' . I take that 'we 'as being the club and its scouts not the board. It certainly wasnt an ML signing.

We continue to look into things and surmise. ML is a clever guy at trying to protect his reputation and image. He has been at it along time and no doubt knows the angles with the media. Dripping info to make him look good through his agent. Who knows how much is true but unless the club gets into a media battle with him we will never know. Im not sure if the club are doing the right thing by saying nothing or just naive in this practice

Thank you!

I'm tired of correcting this myth that we stole Michu for a bargain before anyone else was aware of him. His team were cash-strapped and were happy for him to hawked all around Europe. There were no takers until they got to us, who would hardly have been top of the list.

Laudrup does deserve credit for taking a chance on him, but not for unearthing some hidden gem no-one else had heard of.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:46 - Feb 19 with 1509 viewsshandyjack

well luckily the board didn't react quickly, otherwise we'd of been lumped with Aspas and not Bony who has proven to be class

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 1422 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:15 - Feb 19 by Darran

I have to question if people like you are right in the head.
All youve done for the last couple of months is want Laudrup out and now he's gone it's the board getting it.

Weird as f*ck some people.

Darran, like I said before show me a post where I wanted Laudrup out, after the West Ham game changes were needed that was obvious, I wish Laudrup all the best and choose not to slag him off as you do. All I am saying is it will be a disgrace if the board aren't forced to answer questions on how they are running the club.

I actually p*ssed myself laughing when you called me weird, you calling someone weird
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:23 - Feb 19 with 1415 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 09:46 - Feb 19 by shandyjack

well luckily the board didn't react quickly, otherwise we'd of been lumped with Aspas and not Bony who has proven to be class

Fair point. We also have been lumped with Emnes and N'Gog who were average in the championship because the board liked the look of them.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:32 - Feb 19 with 1396 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:20 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Darran, like I said before show me a post where I wanted Laudrup out, after the West Ham game changes were needed that was obvious, I wish Laudrup all the best and choose not to slag him off as you do. All I am saying is it will be a disgrace if the board aren't forced to answer questions on how they are running the club.

I actually p*ssed myself laughing when you called me weird, you calling someone weird

Ah that'll be it won't it?
You never told us all the buck stops with Laudrup,you never mentioned his shortcomings and in a thread a few weeks ago when some asked who would be the three teams relegated you didn't put us down as one of them?

Of course silly me you obviously wanted him to remain as manager.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 1389 viewsJackSomething

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:23 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Fair point. We also have been lumped with Emnes and N'Gog who were average in the championship because the board liked the look of them.

At a fraction of the cost of Aspas.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:41 - Feb 19 with 1373 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:32 - Feb 19 by Darran

Ah that'll be it won't it?
You never told us all the buck stops with Laudrup,you never mentioned his shortcomings and in a thread a few weeks ago when some asked who would be the three teams relegated you didn't put us down as one of them?

Of course silly me you obviously wanted him to remain as manager.

Directly after the West Ham game, where I also give my opinion on the board of directors.

Not sure if you can read the above post, but I never wanted changes made until the West Ham game where it was clear the players weren't playing for the manager anymore. I don't disagree with the sacking, I disagree with how the board have done it along with other things this season. If your happy with a board of directors signing players then that's fine, I just don't think it's the way to run a football club at the top level.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:48 - Feb 19 with 1359 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:20 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

"it will be a disgrace if the board aren't forced to answer questions on how they are running the club."
FORCED, are you joking?
Are you a Shareholder in SCFC?
The Board runs the Club the way they see fit, they do not need to answer to anybody other than Shareholders in the Club.
It would be really nice of them to let the Fans know what has been going on, but not before any kind of legal action or tribunal.
If you really want ML's dirty washing hung out in public that is fine, as I would love to see it too.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 1349 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:41 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Directly after the West Ham game, where I also give my opinion on the board of directors.

Not sure if you can read the above post, but I never wanted changes made until the West Ham game where it was clear the players weren't playing for the manager anymore. I don't disagree with the sacking, I disagree with how the board have done it along with other things this season. If your happy with a board of directors signing players then that's fine, I just don't think it's the way to run a football club at the top level.

Yes like I say I imagined it all.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:02 - Feb 19 with 1331 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 11:41 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

I just don't think it's the way to run a football club at the top level.

I actually agree, but then based on the performance of the prior signings by ML and his team (apart form Michu & Pablo) they couldn't do much worse could they.
The club obviously needs it's own dedicated team of Scouts and an "Agent" type person and not rely on the Whims of the current Manager alone.
The Board should not have to involve themselves in the nitty gritty details of the signings other than loosening the purse strings to pay for them.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:06 - Feb 19 with 1321 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:49 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

Dear Michael,

Thanks for last season, it was great. Sorry that things didn't work out this year, but hey, that's football eh?

Now then, since Garry came in, we have picked up 4 points out of 6 in the league and gave a good account of ourselves at Everton with a team made up with several players that I doubt you would even recognize.

You have been sacked before because of issues with your backroom team, and have clearly failed to recognize that there is an issue in this area? Despite our results and more worryingly, performances dropping sharply? What generally happens in the real world is that if employers decide that things need to change, as they are the ones in charge (Not you by the way), then things need to change.

I wasn't sure whether it was loyalty to your pals, or your ego refusing to believe that you could be wrong...until today.

That press conference? Was there really any point other than self publicity? If you and the board have a dispute, then follow the legal processes that apparently prevent you from saying too much anyway. To do it just a couple of days before we play Napoli just smacks of a spoiled child throwing his toys out of his pram. If you really cared that much about "Your" players, then maybe you wouldn't want anything unsettling before a big match?

All the best...

P.S. It might have been easier all round, especially for the commentators and journalists over here if we had hired Brian instead.

So Monk's doing fine because his team "gave a good account of themselves," but that line of reasoning doesn't seem to work for Laudrup for all those games that the team gave a good account of themselves but couldn't manage to win?

I can recall only a few games this season in which performances had "dropped sharply": Birmingham and West Ham and the Liverpool game away last season. On the flip side, I can remember several notable successes that were not expected.

In balance, the manager delivered well beyond the expectations that the club had told him of: avoiding relegation.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:14 - Feb 19 with 1300 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:32 - Feb 18 by waynekerr55

The major achilles heel in all of this was that nobody asked how many of the unsigned players were represented by that idiot.

I love how Laudstrop thinks that Tutumlu's behaviour is somehow exclusive from him even though he's a paid employee of his...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 20:33]

Maybe if Huw hadn't closed the door on Bayram, some of the players Laudrup had persuaded to join Swansea would have joined. It seems the board didn't follow through on those players, and maybe due to lack of experience in the Spanish market, as all the players they got the previous summer were brought in by Bayram.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 12:15]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:14 - Feb 19 with 1298 viewsperchrockjack

No he doing fine because the players look more energised and committed.

Only those games really?

Take your pick from several for over 9 months.

The Board can only be criticised for not sacking him last summer when it became clear he couldn't work with Jenkins and is agent was personal non grata. How can a manager with any self respect stay at a club when his agent actually wants no dialogue with his employers. LAUDRUP works through and with his agent .

Our Board need to be more savvy media wise but until we have major investment or a billionaire bored off his skull they are all we have so cant the point of pissssijg them off as without them we truly are fooked

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 1294 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:14 - Feb 19 by perchrockjack

No he doing fine because the players look more energised and committed.

Only those games really?

Take your pick from several for over 9 months.

The Board can only be criticised for not sacking him last summer when it became clear he couldn't work with Jenkins and is agent was personal non grata. How can a manager with any self respect stay at a club when his agent actually wants no dialogue with his employers. LAUDRUP works through and with his agent .

Our Board need to be more savvy media wise but until we have major investment or a billionaire bored off his skull they are all we have so cant the point of pissssijg them off as without them we truly are fooked

Or even sack him at the beginning of January 2014?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024