Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71183 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 2005 viewsMazkon

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:25 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

Interesting tidbit:
the 12/13 season, which is arguably the best yet, we had 10 wins total.

Are you going to claim that only getting those 10 wins was a total disaster for the club, or are you maybe getting ready to accept that spouting the '9 wins' mantra like a parrot isn't actually doing anything but show your lack of comprehension for what kind of performance is required in the league, especially from a team of swanseas size?

We're not Chelsea, ffs. Stop acting like we should expect results like they do.

Spot on, because of ML u actually won something, who would have ever guessed, now suddenly a segment thinks SCFC is Chelsea, get real -_-
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 2005 viewsPlasticman

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:07 - Feb 18 by Darran

Making what up?
I wrote it because it's what someone told me and this is a forum to write things.

Are you Danish?

I was told by my mothers cousins brothers sons friends...etc... that the moon is a green cheese.

It must be true, cause I was told so!

That was a sarcastic quip at you, Dar. In case you missed it

Plastic since 2012

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 1994 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

Jonny. successful sides have stability. By that I mean survival in the premiership. We cannot hire and fire like man City or Chelsea? the press are having a field say with this. it can only unsettle the team unless this is brought to a swift conclusion.

Stability is nothing in today's football world. There's so much money involved now you can't stay stable if you go down, you'll be playing catch up otherwise. You're either piling the money in or collecting dregs in the Championship.
Every team either loses or sacks a manager every 18 months to 2 years. It's nothing new. And the fact that Laudrup lost the support of the players and boardroom it was a foregone conclusion.

Stability like Man Utd under Ferguson? (that's an extreme example) or Everton under Moyes? (who coincidentally look a better side now than any years under Moyes' 10 years)

Like I said I genuinely don't think the players give a f*ck about Laudrup anymore (sadly?) and will continue to keep this good run of performances going.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 1994 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:07 - Feb 18 by Darran

Making what up?
I wrote it because it's what someone told me and this is a forum to write things.

Are you Danish?

So Darran you are making a character assasonation on a person based on something someone told you - it must be a reliable source or what?

What has my nationality got to do with this?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:44 - Feb 18 with 1969 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:42 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

So Darran you are making a character assasonation on a person based on something someone told you - it must be a reliable source or what?

What has my nationality got to do with this?

No I'm not assassinating anyone the rough goes with the smooth,wonderful season last year this year it's been shit and a lot of it is to do with the personality of ML

Are you Danish?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 1952 viewslolswans

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 18 by JonnyTheJack

"I hope something can be done behind the scenes as this is doing the club no good whatsoever in trying to stay in the premiership."

Really? I'm sure Laudrup coming out with all this is gonna make the players play like min*es for the rest of the season.

I'm sure most of the players couldn't give a f*ck what he says now and are probably having a smirk at it all. They've shown more desire in 3 games than 90% of the last year with Laudrup. It's not rocket science that they're enjoying it more and giving more under Monk.

Every time a new manager gets appointed, the players run their asses off to secure those vital first/second/third impressions. This phenomenon usually lasts 4-5 weeks, then the players get back into their usual gear and you'll notice not much has changed. This is true even if the new manager is a known figure in and around the club.
Best get working when a new boss arrives.

Using Monk's results from the first 4-5 weeks as an argument, you'd also have to look back at a lot of failed managers who came out guns blazing, thanks to the players needing to make themselves stand out.

I'm a Dane, so I'm somewhat biased, but I do like Swansea FC and I hope you guys come out of this strong. I would enjoy to see you guys in the PL again next season.

However, sacking someone by e-mail is weak as f*ck.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 1947 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anotherjohn. This uncharted territory for board. I hope they know what they are doing. ML is calling the bluff. They have to stand up and be counted or settle up behind the scenes.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 1939 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

Jonny. successful sides have stability. By that I mean survival in the premiership. We cannot hire and fire like man City or Chelsea? the press are having a field say with this. it can only unsettle the team unless this is brought to a swift conclusion.

Unsettle the team FFS.
You don't honestly believe the players give a shit do you?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:48 - Feb 18 with 1920 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:37 - Feb 18 by haremscarem

What do we know about lack of leadership and motivational skills? Their are several managers with the highest football education on the training pitch eacht time. Motivation should not be a problem. I hope not. Laudrup often joins in training. That is a way of showing commitment, I think.

Did you notice all the players mentioned about his training was that he's still a good player?

Nothing about his methods. Zilch.

Motivation shouldn't be a problem I agree but when things aren't going well you need some.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:50 - Feb 18 with 1904 viewsPrivate_Partz

If this drags on then GM is going to be quizzed on it every press conference. ML is a huge name in the game so it will run unless it is put to bed. Bound to affect the team IMO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:51 - Feb 18 with 1895 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:50 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

If this drags on then GM is going to be quizzed on it every press conference. ML is a huge name in the game so it will run unless it is put to bed. Bound to affect the team IMO.

No chance.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 18 with 1885 viewsBrynmill_Jack

An interesting question may have been :-
"Regarding the players whom you submitted to the board and got not one of them, did they share the same agent as you?"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 1875 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 18 by Brynmill_Jack

"Regarding the players whom you submitted to the board and got not one of them, did they share the same agent as you?"

Innit.

Again I've posed this a few times but didn't "Bayram-gate" start after Huw said that Schecter wouldn't be re-signed?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 1871 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:46 - Feb 18 by lolswans

Every time a new manager gets appointed, the players run their asses off to secure those vital first/second/third impressions. This phenomenon usually lasts 4-5 weeks, then the players get back into their usual gear and you'll notice not much has changed. This is true even if the new manager is a known figure in and around the club.
Best get working when a new boss arrives.

Using Monk's results from the first 4-5 weeks as an argument, you'd also have to look back at a lot of failed managers who came out guns blazing, thanks to the players needing to make themselves stand out.

I'm a Dane, so I'm somewhat biased, but I do like Swansea FC and I hope you guys come out of this strong. I would enjoy to see you guys in the PL again next season.

However, sacking someone by e-mail is weak as f*ck.

I agree that the whole thing was handled poorly. And most Swans fans would too.

And I'm not saying Monk is the next great thing either and there's still a lot of work to do, but 99% of us are much more confident for the rest of the season since the sacking.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:57 - Feb 18 with 1839 viewswaynekerr55

Has the jobs for the boys post been deleted from here?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 18 with 1796 viewsUplandsJack

Yeah can a mod please explain why my post removed?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 18 with 1793 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm guessing nobody asked it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 1781 viewsPrivate_Partz

Seems like Wayne. Why is that? Surely the best way is to respond to it?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 1775 viewsQuientus

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 18 by UplandsJack

Poor form to delete an entire post ...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:02 - Feb 18 with 1770 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mods?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 with 1679 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:01 - Feb 18 by Quientus

Poor form to delete an entire post ...

We've been hacked by Annis & cArL!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 with 1676 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 18 by UplandsJack

Yes I can you're not making insinuations like that on here.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 with 1672 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

I'm guessing nobody asked it.

The sycophants were probably carefully selected to attend IMO

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 18 with 1657 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yes I can you're not making insinuations like that on here.

Seemed pretty reasonable to me TBH.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:14 - Feb 18 with 1653 viewsUplandsJack

Can someone please explain why my post has been removed TWICE ??
I thought this was a free speaking fans forum where you are free to have your say???
I don't believe I have been offensive so would be grateful of an explanation to the removal of my post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024