Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71181 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 1802 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:05 - Feb 18 by tomdickharry

The very important main point of the conference,sacked for "breach of contract", trust our club have sound and undisputable reason/s otherwise it could costs us millions. We couldn't even get the date of Ki's return correct so that fact alone doesn't leave me brimming with confidence.

Yes this is potential dynamite better to fire him for poor results and make a deal and possitive press statements. I am affraid this is being done the 'dirty way' and it can backfire.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 1802 viewsAnotherJohn

We have to move on, but I now feel concerned that the board may not come out of this looking good.

Several posters are saying that nothing new came out of the press conference, but for me it is a something of a bombshell to hear that Laudrup was dismissed for breach of contract. Breach implies that he did not comply with the terms of his contract with the football club; it does not arise from 'doing a shit job' in the general sense or from poor results. This also means that those who are saying that Laudrup should be satisfied with his pay-off and go quietly are wide of the mark, because if the dismissal is for breach of contract the club probably does not intend to pay anything. I am not an employment lawyer, but it seems to me that the club has to demonstrate behaviour at odds with specific clauses in the contract if this is to stick. That could be tricky.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:14 - Feb 18 with 1799 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:43 - Feb 18 by Darran

You can put a pole up your arse as far as I'm concerned.

What an idiot...

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:16 - Feb 18 with 1788 viewsPrivate_Partz

The fact that this press conference took place shows that this has been very badly handled. Has ML ever done this before? Even Di Canio left comparatively quietly. We have to move on and support GM but let's us not be fooled that HJ is the messiah and can do no wrong. I hope something can be done behind the scenes as this is doing the club no good whatsoever in trying to stay in the premiership.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:16 - Feb 18 with 1787 viewsJonnyTheJack

I love how Laudrup hinted that he didn't want to sign Bony and I think it was clear anyway he wasn't first choice. What makes it funny is that he wanted Aspas who's disappeared off the face of the earth and Aubaumayeng who's barely made an impact at Dortmund and he also wanted too much money.

The fact he read pretty much everything off a piece of paper says it all. This would have left a sour taste in my mouth usually but the whole thing is just bizarre.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:18 - Feb 18 with 1773 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:16 - Feb 18 by gibs0n

Ok, now we again have a debate where the low IQs dictate :-D

Could we discuss the facts etc.? ML is fired, nothing can change that. Several points was interesting. I think e.g. these two points:

1) That ML made a list last summer with players he wanted. He talked with the players and they were interested in joining Swansea. Swansea did not manage to sign any of them.

2) Its also interesting that he was fired because he violated the contract. He then asked which violation he made. No clear answers. As he said, if they wanted to fire him because of the results, they could just have done so.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 17:17]

This!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 1753 viewsGowerjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:49 - Feb 18 by Griffting

The simple fact is that Huw and the board are Swansea City and Michael Laudrup is no longer. Either get behind the board and the club, support their decision.. or follow Michael and F off.
Simple as that.
People seem to forget 10 years of hard work, promotions and rise in stature based on assumptions and the word of a man who has just been sacked and quite frankly, sounds a tad bitter about it. No doubt Laudrup was a big part of the rise of our club and brought some success, but the board (along with the fans) have been the main reason we are here today.

A part yes

But never a big part

Was only successful for 6 months

Failed after that.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 1753 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:16 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

The fact that this press conference took place shows that this has been very badly handled. Has ML ever done this before? Even Di Canio left comparatively quietly. We have to move on and support GM but let's us not be fooled that HJ is the messiah and can do no wrong. I hope something can be done behind the scenes as this is doing the club no good whatsoever in trying to stay in the premiership.

"I hope something can be done behind the scenes as this is doing the club no good whatsoever in trying to stay in the premiership."

Really? I'm sure Laudrup coming out with all this is gonna make the players play like min*es for the rest of the season.

I'm sure most of the players couldn't give a f*ck what he says now and are probably having a smirk at it all. They've shown more desire in 3 games than 90% of the last year with Laudrup. It's not rocket science that they're enjoying it more and giving more under Monk.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 1747 views3swan

Haven't seen or read the press conference, and only read this thread

So basically the club and ML have said nothing officially apart from the expected PR stuff.

From what I've read most peoples views are based on rumours that they have heard or read, and taken their stance from whatever bias they already had.

Both sides will be playing a PR game and words chosen very carefully, and very little will have been learned.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 1729 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am with you Harem and the ball is now back in out court. We
need to settle this PDQ as GM's job is tough enough as it is and we have survival to think of.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 1728 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:17 - Feb 18 by Darran

Spot on my Friend.

Taking Swansea to their best results in their historie - a shit job? The second year with so many matches and so many injuries, was always going to be hard. He knew that, and he said that was the reason why they made a lighter training sometimes to avoid injuries and tired players. Anyway there were bad matches without doubt, and that was a problem, but a hard decision, I think.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:24 - Feb 18 with 1719 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

Yes this is potential dynamite better to fire him for poor results and make a deal and possitive press statements. I am affraid this is being done the 'dirty way' and it can backfire.

But you don't know any details, so why be critical of how it was done? Maybe, just maybe the board have a valid case? We don't know.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 1712 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:24 - Feb 18 by Spratty

Did you want Wilfried Bony?

“I don’t want to sit here and talk about players. I still consider them my players.

Don't think you can necessarily say this makes it clear Bony was not an ML signing - could not answer a question like that without getting dragged into other Qs. Not saying he was ML signing either.

Got the impression at the fans meeting that Huw was not happy having paid that for Bony so not sure

I thin Laudrup wanted Aubameyang...

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 1712 viewsPlasticman

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

I cant' see what all the fuss is about, 9 wins in 38 says it all ,take on the chin Mike ffs and move on, Chapter over

Interesting tidbit:
the 12/13 season, which is arguably the best yet, we had 10 wins total.

Are you going to claim that only getting those 10 wins was a total disaster for the club, or are you maybe getting ready to accept that spouting the '9 wins' mantra like a parrot isn't actually doing anything but show your lack of comprehension for what kind of performance is required in the league, especially from a team of swanseas size?

We're not Chelsea, ffs. Stop acting like we should expect results like they do.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 with 1696 viewsJonnyTheJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:16 - Feb 18 by gibs0n

Ok, now we again have a debate where the low IQs dictate :-D

Could we discuss the facts etc.? ML is fired, nothing can change that. Several points was interesting. I think e.g. these two points:

1) That ML made a list last summer with players he wanted. He talked with the players and they were interested in joining Swansea. Swansea did not manage to sign any of them.

2) Its also interesting that he was fired because he violated the contract. He then asked which violation he made. No clear answers. As he said, if they wanted to fire him because of the results, they could just have done so.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 17:17]

That happens. Managers sometimes don't get who they want. For example, Aubaumayeng who was interested wanted too much money and we won't break our wage structure for anyone. And at the end of the day the transfers weren't our biggest problem. He's made some great signings. Our problem with him was his lack of leadership and motivational skills. It was a shadow of former Swansea sides at a lot of times the past year or so.

But yet again Laudrup makes it all about his problems, what about the teams problems? His agent has a bit to do with all this but it just shows the man that Laudrup is surrounding himself with the clown.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 with 1689 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jonny. successful sides have stability. By that I mean survival in the premiership. We cannot hire and fire like man City or Chelsea? the press are having a field say with this. it can only unsettle the team unless this is brought to a swift conclusion.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:32 - Feb 18 with 1636 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

Jonny. successful sides have stability. By that I mean survival in the premiership. We cannot hire and fire like man City or Chelsea? the press are having a field say with this. it can only unsettle the team unless this is brought to a swift conclusion.

Nah theyre not. This is small fry.. expect maybe for the Western Fail.

Tomorrows sport pages will all be about Man City and Arsenal. Nobody really gives a fhuck. Well, until Thursday when we turn Napoli over.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:33 - Feb 18 with 1620 viewsMazkon

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 18 by Darran

What criticisms are they again?

Relax Darren, dont diss foreigners for not writing flawless english, on the ohter hand, thats just about what ure capable of.... isnt it ? Darren :)
If a hadnt seen u online on so many occasions, i would actually mistake u for a Crdf mole, wanting to stirr up a fuss...hell, maybe u are! :o
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 1616 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:16 - Feb 18 by JonnyTheJack

I love how Laudrup hinted that he didn't want to sign Bony and I think it was clear anyway he wasn't first choice. What makes it funny is that he wanted Aspas who's disappeared off the face of the earth and Aubaumayeng who's barely made an impact at Dortmund and he also wanted too much money.

The fact he read pretty much everything off a piece of paper says it all. This would have left a sour taste in my mouth usually but the whole thing is just bizarre.

Aubaumayeng has scored 13 goals in 20 matches. He is doing very good!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 1612 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:25 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

Interesting tidbit:
the 12/13 season, which is arguably the best yet, we had 10 wins total.

Are you going to claim that only getting those 10 wins was a total disaster for the club, or are you maybe getting ready to accept that spouting the '9 wins' mantra like a parrot isn't actually doing anything but show your lack of comprehension for what kind of performance is required in the league, especially from a team of swanseas size?

We're not Chelsea, ffs. Stop acting like we should expect results like they do.

And there must have been some draws too...

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:35 - Feb 18 with 1607 viewsMazkon

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:20 - Feb 18 by Darran

What statement is that again?

Answer the question?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:36 - Feb 18 with 1599 viewsPrivate_Partz

I hope you are right Poz but do you think ML is going to fade into the sunset if this is not resolved between both parties? If he does then fine. if not Talkshite and their ilk will be all over it.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:37 - Feb 18 with 1590 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 by AnotherJohn

We have to move on, but I now feel concerned that the board may not come out of this looking good.

Several posters are saying that nothing new came out of the press conference, but for me it is a something of a bombshell to hear that Laudrup was dismissed for breach of contract. Breach implies that he did not comply with the terms of his contract with the football club; it does not arise from 'doing a shit job' in the general sense or from poor results. This also means that those who are saying that Laudrup should be satisfied with his pay-off and go quietly are wide of the mark, because if the dismissal is for breach of contract the club probably does not intend to pay anything. I am not an employment lawyer, but it seems to me that the club has to demonstrate behaviour at odds with specific clauses in the contract if this is to stick. That could be tricky.

Not like Huw to try and hang onto his cash
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:37 - Feb 18 with 1586 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 18 by JonnyTheJack

That happens. Managers sometimes don't get who they want. For example, Aubaumayeng who was interested wanted too much money and we won't break our wage structure for anyone. And at the end of the day the transfers weren't our biggest problem. He's made some great signings. Our problem with him was his lack of leadership and motivational skills. It was a shadow of former Swansea sides at a lot of times the past year or so.

But yet again Laudrup makes it all about his problems, what about the teams problems? His agent has a bit to do with all this but it just shows the man that Laudrup is surrounding himself with the clown.

What do we know about lack of leadership and motivational skills? Their are several managers with the highest football education on the training pitch eacht time. Motivation should not be a problem. I hope not. Laudrup often joins in training. That is a way of showing commitment, I think.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:38 - Feb 18 with 1578 viewsLeonisGod

There's only one truth to come out of all this. Laudrup's statement proves beyond doubt that he did not write his own programme notes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024