Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71179 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:32 - Feb 18 with 2006 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:20 - Feb 18 by Darran

What statement is that again?

This one:

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.
- See more at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/102807/page:1#sthash.zK8
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:36 - Feb 18 with 1978 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:32 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

This one:

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.
- See more at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/102807/page:1#sthash.zK8

Well he just said in the press conference that he'd written to players.
You do the math.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:44 - Feb 18 with 1897 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:36 - Feb 18 by Darran

Well he just said in the press conference that he'd written to players.
You do the math.

This is from the transcript on Walesonline

4:35 pm
Have the players contacted you to say they’re unhappy you left club?

"I have received messages but it’s between me and them."
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 1878 viewsSwanfan1

Is entirely possible that Laudrup was sacked via email
after all every boss does say one of the hardest things to do is to fire people
but perhaps Huw should have just been stronger and man´d up to say things directly.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 1873 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:44 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

This is from the transcript on Walesonline

4:35 pm
Have the players contacted you to say they’re unhappy you left club?

"I have received messages but it’s between me and them."

You got me there,proves everything that does.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 1869 viewsPozuelosSideys

A lesson in PR and reputational damage limitation there from Mr Laudrup and Co. Our Board should take note. That is how this guy remains cooler than cool.

Cause a fuss, say not very much at all and make sure the eyes and the ball are very much back in the oppositions court. Set the tongues wagging and the imaginations racing. Fair play, impressive stuff.

Thanks for the trophy and some wonderful performances Mike, but sadly the time was right to go.

The King is dead, long live the King.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:48 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsBillyChong

What did people expect from this press conference? He obviously wasn't going to give much away. More fool those who wasted daytime hours tuning in.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 18 with 1816 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:48 - Feb 18 by BillyChong

What did people expect from this press conference? He obviously wasn't going to give much away. More fool those who wasted daytime hours tuning in.

So if he can't say anything because of an ongoing legal issue why call a press conference two days before a huge game in our history?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:52 - Feb 18 with 1804 viewsSwanfan1

Off course he is going to hold a press conference.

Let me ask you this if the papers manufactured news stories that was complete bullocks about you, wouldnt you set the record straight to damage any harm it could cause you in getting a new job ?

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:55 - Feb 18 with 1776 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:52 - Feb 18 by Swanfan1

Let me ask you this if the papers manufactured news stories that was complete bullocks about you, wouldnt you set the record straight to damage any harm it could cause you in getting a new job ?

Aye that'll be it he needs a new job,poor man.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:55 - Feb 18 with 1770 viewsBillyChong

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 18 by Darran

So if he can't say anything because of an ongoing legal issue why call a press conference two days before a huge game in our history?

Do you think Laudrup cares about the game Thursday? Doubt it's at the top of his list of priorities.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:56 - Feb 18 with 1764 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:52 - Feb 18 by Swanfan1

The press slate footballers and managers every day of the year to sell papers.

You think Ashley Cole sits down and holds a press conference every time he gets caught sending pictures of his c0ck to random birds to tell his side of the story? No, he doesnt. This is the world of PR dude, surely you can see that?

Teflon Mike.. nothing sticks.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 18 with 1760 viewsRancid

Which goes back to the point of Laudrup more interested in preserving his character in readiness for his next job than the welfare of Swansea City and which what you an me and every other Jack should be more concerned about.He shouldn't care two hoots what the papers had to say.Most managers don't even read the papers.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 18 with 1760 viewsHerohead

He only held it beacause the media made some wild guesses about what happened.
Danish media has been all over this ever since, and he said it was hard to take when 90% of it was wrong or simply made up.
I read and saw the danish part of it and he startet out by saying "there cant be happening a lot in denmark since so many (danish journo) of you showed up"

I think its damage control ofc of his own personal rep. But i would have done the same if all these rumors could cost me a future job.
He said nothing bad about swansea, he was respectful as always IMO.

Ps Darren F... You👍

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:00 - Feb 18 with 1735 viewsblaine_scfc

If only that Sky Sports programme that Huw went on with Niall Quinn etc trying to convince everyone he is some sort of business extraordinaire was a month of too later. Maybe he could of answered a few questions.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:00 - Feb 18 with 1730 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 18 by Herohead

He only held it beacause the media made some wild guesses about what happened.
Danish media has been all over this ever since, and he said it was hard to take when 90% of it was wrong or simply made up.
I read and saw the danish part of it and he startet out by saying "there cant be happening a lot in denmark since so many (danish journo) of you showed up"

I think its damage control ofc of his own personal rep. But i would have done the same if all these rumors could cost me a future job.
He said nothing bad about swansea, he was respectful as always IMO.

Ps Darren F... You👍

Thank you my Friend.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:01 - Feb 18 with 1716 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:56 - Feb 18 by PozuelosSideys

The press slate footballers and managers every day of the year to sell papers.

You think Ashley Cole sits down and holds a press conference every time he gets caught sending pictures of his c0ck to random birds to tell his side of the story? No, he doesnt. This is the world of PR dude, surely you can see that?

Teflon Mike.. nothing sticks.

Spot on.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:05 - Feb 18 with 1671 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 18 by Darran

You got me there,proves everything that does.

So are you saying he is making it up!
I wonder what made you write it in the first place?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:05 - Feb 18 with 1668 viewstomdickharry

The very important main point of the conference,sacked for "breach of contract", trust our club have sound and undisputable reason/s otherwise it could costs us millions. We couldn't even get the date of Ki's return correct so that fact alone doesn't leave me brimming with confidence.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 1655 viewslovejuicejack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:05 - Feb 18 by tomdickharry

The very important main point of the conference,sacked for "breach of contract", trust our club have sound and undisputable reason/s otherwise it could costs us millions. We couldn't even get the date of Ki's return correct so that fact alone doesn't leave me brimming with confidence.

This ^
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 1644 viewsGowerjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:49 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

Dear Michael,

Thanks for last season, it was great. Sorry that things didn't work out this year, but hey, that's football eh?

Now then, since Garry came in, we have picked up 4 points out of 6 in the league and gave a good account of ourselves at Everton with a team made up with several players that I doubt you would even recognize.

You have been sacked before because of issues with your backroom team, and have clearly failed to recognize that there is an issue in this area? Despite our results and more worryingly, performances dropping sharply? What generally happens in the real world is that if employers decide that things need to change, as they are the ones in charge (Not you by the way), then things need to change.

I wasn't sure whether it was loyalty to your pals, or your ego refusing to believe that you could be wrong...until today.

That press conference? Was there really any point other than self publicity? If you and the board have a dispute, then follow the legal processes that apparently prevent you from saying too much anyway. To do it just a couple of days before we play Napoli just smacks of a spoiled child throwing his toys out of his pram. If you really cared that much about "Your" players, then maybe you wouldn't want anything unsettling before a big match?

All the best...

P.S. It might have been easier all round, especially for the commentators and journalists over here if we had hired Brian instead.

^This

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:07 - Feb 18 with 1634 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:05 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

So are you saying he is making it up!
I wonder what made you write it in the first place?

Making what up?
I wrote it because it's what someone told me and this is a forum to write things.

Are you Danish?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:08 - Feb 18 with 1633 views1664jessan

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 18 by Darran

The thick f*ckers in Denmark probably do,there's not much else going on there like is there?

Darran, three years old
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:10 - Feb 18 with 1617 viewsGowerjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

I cant' see what all the fuss is about, 9 wins in 38 says it all ,take on the chin Mike ffs and move on, Chapter over

And this

Plastic since 1974

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 1593 viewsGowerjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:21 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

He did good on the back of Michu's Goals for about 4 months, it was mediocre and down hill from there on in the Prem as Michu tired and picked up niggling injuries, but like ML some fans are more interested in Cups than staying up.
He just couldn't see what he was doing to the Club or if he did could not change or didn't care.
The more he publicizes the sacking the more his failings are likely to come out, including the discontent of some players and fans.
Added to his falling out with his previous clubs Boards it is getting to be a major downside to his Image that he can't seem to work with others.

Correct

Plastic since 1974

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024