Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 71180 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 2148 viewsOdgaard

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 18 by Darran

Please tell me he didn't fly to London just for this pile of shit too?
Dear God he ought to reimburse the journos that travelled to London.

You just hate Laudrup? nothing more... Have Laudrup f'cked you wife or something and pissed in your coffee?

You 1000 times a waanker than Laudrup ever could be... Get on with your life, than insulting a man that dont deserve it.. I know it must be hard to work at Amazon as a picker all day looong... but come on, get some perspective m8
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:48 - Feb 18 with 2133 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:47 - Feb 18 by Odgaard

You just hate Laudrup? nothing more... Have Laudrup f'cked you wife or something and pissed in your coffee?

You 1000 times a waanker than Laudrup ever could be... Get on with your life, than insulting a man that dont deserve it.. I know it must be hard to work at Amazon as a picker all day looong... but come on, get some perspective m8

Thank you.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:49 - Feb 18 with 2125 viewsGriffting

The simple fact is that Huw and the board are Swansea City and Michael Laudrup is no longer. Either get behind the board and the club, support their decision.. or follow Michael and F off.
Simple as that.
People seem to forget 10 years of hard work, promotions and rise in stature based on assumptions and the word of a man who has just been sacked and quite frankly, sounds a tad bitter about it. No doubt Laudrup was a big part of the rise of our club and brought some success, but the board (along with the fans) have been the main reason we are here today.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:49 - Feb 18 with 2125 viewslolswans

Seems a lot of people in here have come to dislike ML and a few actually seem to outright loathe him at this point.

How awful it must be going forward, realizing the guy you hate so much, brought home the sole Swansea trophy to date and most likely the last one you guys will ever see.

I wish Swansea the best though.

/greetings
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:51 - Feb 18 with 2100 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:49 - Feb 18 by Griffting

The simple fact is that Huw and the board are Swansea City and Michael Laudrup is no longer. Either get behind the board and the club, support their decision.. or follow Michael and F off.
Simple as that.
People seem to forget 10 years of hard work, promotions and rise in stature based on assumptions and the word of a man who has just been sacked and quite frankly, sounds a tad bitter about it. No doubt Laudrup was a big part of the rise of our club and brought some success, but the board (along with the fans) have been the main reason we are here today.

Magnificent stuff.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:54 - Feb 18 with 2071 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Well it's probably the best 12 million the club could have spent. Young enough to have monstrous resale value too

Apart from the VFM for Michu agree, love Bony.

Just confused by Huws real downer on never paying such an amount again on a player at the supporters meeting. Assumed he did not approve.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2017 viewsOdgaard

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:49 - Feb 18 by Griffting

Simple as that.

I have not said that firing ML was wrong, However i will always defend that ML did well and dont deserve some of the criticisms (Darren).

I have a pretty good idea why HJ sacked ML, and in the context of HJ i think he did the right decision For the Club...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2011 viewsscottishjack

Now I've stewed on it for a bit, I think it's a case of Laudrup honestly thinking that "little old" Swansea wouldn't sack him, and then we did.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2005 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:54 - Feb 18 by Spratty

Apart from the VFM for Michu agree, love Bony.

Just confused by Huws real downer on never paying such an amount again on a player at the supporters meeting. Assumed he did not approve.

At the time Laudrup wasn't even playing Bony.Maybe that's why Huw said what he did.He might answer differently now.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:00 - Feb 18 with 1998 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He clearly wasn't sacked for 9 wins in 39.

It's a stupid statisttic anyway because it completely ignores cup results so those that are using it are saying the Napoli game is of no consequence. They are also saying that the wins against Liverpool, Chelsea, Bradford, Valencia and Manchester United are not relevant. If cup games don't count on a manager's record let's field the youth team every time and forget Wembley and Europe.

Laudrup was sacked for many things and results were a very small part of the equasion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 18 with 1978 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 by Odgaard

I have not said that firing ML was wrong, However i will always defend that ML did well and dont deserve some of the criticisms (Darren).

I have a pretty good idea why HJ sacked ML, and in the context of HJ i think he did the right decision For the Club...

What criticisms are they again?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 18 with 1974 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 by Odgaard

Wake up dumbo.

Two reasons to give him the boot:

Poor results.

Pimping out our best players to other clubs.

Need a tissue dear?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:03 - Feb 18 with 1964 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:36 - Feb 18 by waynekerr55

Once is a freak
Twice is coincidence
Three or more is a pattern

This acrimonious ending has happened more than twice...

He does a good job and then it goes downhill...

Precisely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 1940 viewsmax936

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:26 - Feb 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

We've sacked him, the club moves on ,it's a shame as he done great for us .
It was leaked by someone which is bad for everyone at director level.
This has some what tarnished everthing really .

This form over 38 league games is nonsense , how far do you want to go back ? Just to suit ?

All the best Laurup it's been great .

Spot on Tommy, it was a sorry end and it's being a made even sorrier by this silly and pointless bleeding press conference.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:11 - Feb 18 with 1879 viewsDewi1jack

Watched different bits of the press conference.
Does seem a bit of a waste of time "sorry can't answer that, going legal etc"
We don't follow a club that is known for sacking managers, or at least since our present board took control- a certain Petty (name and nature) was a different matter
If he was sacked by Email, that's just cowardly. Especially after delivering our 1st major trophy. It's not just ML that needs to man up.
To tell someone they are doing a good job, then sack them, takes 2 faced to a new level.
Sacking people is not a pleasant experience (for most bosses.) But it has to be done face to face.
By ML's admission during the conference, 3 times he was told to change his staff. 3 times he told his employer (the club) to do one, no wonder you got the Spanish Archer ML.

Thanks for what you have done mate. Good luck for the future

But now is the time to show a bit of dignity, and walk away quietly until the Tribunal (if you feel you've been unfairly dismissed.)
Not subject everyone to a press conference where most questions get the "no comment" treatment.
Be careful you are squeaky clean in all this, otherwise the club could do their own PC and wreck your image, if there are any skeletons in the cupboard!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 1864 viewsSpratty

Simple as that.

Yeah that would be Huw who said you could not meet a more genuine and honest person than ML

That would be Huw who said some of the things being said about ML turned his stomach

Just about covers most of the points people supporting ML are saying so perhaps you should not be telling long term and loyal supporters to F off on Huw's behalf as I have little doubt he is more classy than that. Perhaps you need to get behind Huw.

As far as questioning if a decision is the best one for the club or if certain members of the club have executed a decision in a prudent / effective manner if we are not allowed to do that then we might as well start playing in red.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:14 - Feb 18 with 1852 viewsOdgaard

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 18 by ItchySphincter

Wake up dumbo.

Two reasons to give him the boot:

Poor results.

Pimping out our best players to other clubs.

Need a tissue dear?

Poor results? really? well i dont buy that..

Pimping out our best players? were is that a fact? Directsport?

the reason, is all about the culture about the club. And the culture ML got to the club was not ideal for the swanseaway and the history..
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 18 with 1809 viewsSwanfan1

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 18 by Rancid

At the time Laudrup wasn't even playing Bony.Maybe that's why Huw said what he did.He might answer differently now.

Oh you gotta love Football and the fans and all the opinions in which 96% of them are bullocks ! ...

I love love the repeated myth of Laudrup not playing Bony,
perhaps if you or I had been manager we would understand the reasons for why he was not playing, as explained maybe for the 100th time in here

Laudrup said " I wanted to play him but he was not 100% fit, and could not last very long"

In the beginning of the season he was not playing for different reasons
because he was struggling to adapt with the Premier League very different from the dutch league, and he could not follow the pace, they gave him extra training sessions and he now have come good, is not FIFA 2014
you just buy a player and put him into a new league a new team and everything will come good.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:19 - Feb 18 with 1806 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:44 - Feb 18 by Darran

Like I said on the first page of this thread I can't recall any managers calling a press conference like this after being sacked.
Very strange

At least I think the press conference and the aftermath in general has proven beyond reasonable doubt that Laudrup has shared phone numbers with at least some of the players.

Darren you are so fast to slag other posters on here for the quality of their sources, I wonder what sources you have had to make a statement on here, it must have been a reliable one right?

Very strange.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:20 - Feb 18 with 1790 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:19 - Feb 18 by ThaiJack

At least I think the press conference and the aftermath in general has proven beyond reasonable doubt that Laudrup has shared phone numbers with at least some of the players.

Darren you are so fast to slag other posters on here for the quality of their sources, I wonder what sources you have had to make a statement on here, it must have been a reliable one right?

Very strange.

What statement is that again?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:21 - Feb 18 with 1782 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:14 - Feb 18 by Odgaard

Poor results? really? well i dont buy that..

Pimping out our best players? were is that a fact? Directsport?

the reason, is all about the culture about the club. And the culture ML got to the club was not ideal for the swanseaway and the history..

Yeah he broke a 100 year tradition by winning a trophy.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:24 - Feb 18 with 1764 viewsGriffting

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 18 by Spratty

Yeah that would be Huw who said you could not meet a more genuine and honest person than ML

That would be Huw who said some of the things being said about ML turned his stomach

Just about covers most of the points people supporting ML are saying so perhaps you should not be telling long term and loyal supporters to F off on Huw's behalf as I have little doubt he is more classy than that. Perhaps you need to get behind Huw.

As far as questioning if a decision is the best one for the club or if certain members of the club have executed a decision in a prudent / effective manner if we are not allowed to do that then we might as well start playing in red.

Yes and you think that's the same Huw that has treated him as badly as he suggests, seems weird things to state about a man who you supposedly hate ay?
I have no doubt everyone who is a long term supporter of Swansea City will back the board and the club, and can surely see the decision was in the clubs best interests. Even the players are have stated in the press that it was time for a fresh start at Swansea and the board showed the initiative to make the change.
Laudrup did wonderful things for us no doubt, but his time here has come to an end and nothing is bringing him back. So why concentrate on what may have been if he had stayed and not concentrate on trying to bring the club forward under the new regime.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:26 - Feb 18 with 1745 viewsJokeren1943

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:24 - Feb 18 by Griffting

Yes and you think that's the same Huw that has treated him as badly as he suggests, seems weird things to state about a man who you supposedly hate ay?
I have no doubt everyone who is a long term supporter of Swansea City will back the board and the club, and can surely see the decision was in the clubs best interests. Even the players are have stated in the press that it was time for a fresh start at Swansea and the board showed the initiative to make the change.
Laudrup did wonderful things for us no doubt, but his time here has come to an end and nothing is bringing him back. So why concentrate on what may have been if he had stayed and not concentrate on trying to bring the club forward under the new regime.

Maybe we (Swansea) can learn from their mistakes. And perhaps even Laudrup :)
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 1731 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 18 by Swanfan1

Oh you gotta love Football and the fans and all the opinions in which 96% of them are bullocks ! ...

I love love the repeated myth of Laudrup not playing Bony,
perhaps if you or I had been manager we would understand the reasons for why he was not playing, as explained maybe for the 100th time in here

Laudrup said " I wanted to play him but he was not 100% fit, and could not last very long"

In the beginning of the season he was not playing for different reasons
because he was struggling to adapt with the Premier League very different from the dutch league, and he could not follow the pace, they gave him extra training sessions and he now have come good, is not FIFA 2014
you just buy a player and put him into a new league a new team and everything will come good.

You can do all the training in the world but it's game time that brings you up to speed.He preferred Michu up top and that's that.Bony was bench bound and kicking his heels.It was only when Michu got injured that Bony got a proper run in the side and showed his worth.Coincidence?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:29 - Feb 18 with 1702 viewsGriffting

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:26 - Feb 18 by Jokeren1943

Maybe we (Swansea) can learn from their mistakes. And perhaps even Laudrup :)

Quite right. Personally I don't think anyone is perfect in this situation but surely its now time to move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024