Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Ballot 09:39 - Feb 20 with 4730 viewsThe_DJ

Got my 'ballot pack' yesterday .
Got to say that the Trust have set out the information in a clear and concise way , and there is no doubt the Club have changed their objective from Training to Floodlights.
Lets hope for a 100% return on the ballot papers and a clear mandate from the members as to what the money is spent on.
Trust Ballot on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 3483 viewsG_Dale

I remember there was a promise of names on a plaque or something similar, if the walkers raised £100 or more. There's been no mention of this for a while now. Has it been forgotten about? Has it been scrapped? Does the list still exist?

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Trust Ballot on 20:54 - Feb 20 with 3477 viewsG_Dale

Got to agree though, it's well put together and I think its obvious which way most members will vote. I still don't think the club should have to upgrade the stadium when we don't own it though. I'm sure hornets will use the new floodlights. So are the stadium company refusing to pay anything towards the upgrade? Because without it, the ground isn't fit for purpose anyway

Trust Ballot on 21:10 - Feb 20 with 3457 viewsR17ALE

Trust Ballot on 20:51 - Feb 20 by G_Dale

I remember there was a promise of names on a plaque or something similar, if the walkers raised £100 or more. There's been no mention of this for a while now. Has it been forgotten about? Has it been scrapped? Does the list still exist?

It does, and it was a £75 cut off. ColDale has the list and was looking at the possibility of erecting the Hall of Honour Board in Studds, (or over the crap Hornets board on the stairs in the Main Stand).

I could post the list here, but I don't think that's appropriate (or legal?).

Col's yer man! Get the TUC to lobby him!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Trust Ballot on 21:18 - Feb 20 with 3439 viewsG_Dale

Trust Ballot on 21:10 - Feb 20 by R17ALE

It does, and it was a £75 cut off. ColDale has the list and was looking at the possibility of erecting the Hall of Honour Board in Studds, (or over the crap Hornets board on the stairs in the Main Stand).

Fair enough, and your right not much point putting the list up here. Like the letter said, it willbe good to get these funds raised used and look forward to more fund raising in the future

Trust Ballot on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 3277 viewsColDale

Trust Ballot on 21:10 - Feb 20 by R17ALE

its on the list of things to do once the ballot is finished.
Trust Ballot on 13:07 - Feb 21 with 3177 viewsTVOS1907

I'm disappointed that names and addresses are on the ballot paper and find the explanation as to why rather unsatisfactory.

The issue of duplicate voting could have been solved by a unique code/number on each ballot paper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust Ballot on 13:35 - Feb 23 with 3004 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 20:54 - Feb 20 by G_Dale

Got to agree though, it's well put together and I think its obvious which way most members will vote. I still don't think the club should have to upgrade the stadium when we don't own it though. I'm sure hornets will use the new floodlights. So are the stadium company refusing to pay anything towards the upgrade? Because without it, the ground isn't fit for purpose anyway

I think its the football league who have stipulated to the football club that they have to have the floodlights upgraded by a certain date and that date is looming. Hornets have no problems playing under the lights in their current condition so really it isn't their problem.

The Trust wasn't formed to have a large sum of fans money sitting in a bank account year after year that negates the need to keep fundraising. It was donated to give to the club to help them (The Bowlee project is dead now so we have to donate it to another project). It wasn't donated on condition that the commercial department pull their weight neither, that's a separate issue and nothing to do with the Trust or the donated money.

Credit to the Supporters Trust for distributing the ballot papers and if the vote does go the way of the floodlight upgrade then at least the supporters quite literally have something to show for the monies raised.
Trust Ballot on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 2961 viewsboromat

Trust Ballot on 13:35 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

I think its the football league who have stipulated to the football club that they have to have the floodlights upgraded by a certain date and that date is looming. Hornets have no problems playing under the lights in their current condition so really it isn't their problem.

The Trust wasn't formed to have a large sum of fans money sitting in a bank account year after year that negates the need to keep fundraising. It was donated to give to the club to help them (The Bowlee project is dead now so we have to donate it to another project). It wasn't donated on condition that the commercial department pull their weight neither, that's a separate issue and nothing to do with the Trust or the donated money.

Credit to the Supporters Trust for distributing the ballot papers and if the vote does go the way of the floodlight upgrade then at least the supporters quite literally have something to show for the monies raised.

It will also make any success on the pitch next season even sweeter, knowing that the playing budget wasn't cut as much as it would have been without the donation.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Ballot on 14:23 - Feb 23 with 2956 viewschuckleberry

I haven't received a pack, should all members receive one?
Trust Ballot on 14:30 - Feb 23 with 2949 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Ballot on 14:17 - Feb 23 by boromat

It will also make any success on the pitch next season even sweeter, knowing that the playing budget wasn't cut as much as it would have been without the donation.

I think the monies raised from the cup run will have boosted the budget over and above what could have been forecast.

Trust Ballot on 14:36 - Feb 23 with 2935 views442Dale

Trust Ballot on 14:17 - Feb 23 by boromat

The main issue is trying to work out how this isn't just helping with the club's running costs. Not that there's anything wrong with that at specific times, but the floodlights have to be done this year just as much as the wages and the electricity bill etc have to be paid each month/year etc. The comments in the letter say "The club are keen to point out that if they have to fund the work in full without our support, it will ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget." This is pretty obvious, wouldn't any source of/lack of income affect budgets? 

The training ground, the covers, the safety netting and the multitude of other ideas/completed projects were obviously to benefit the club, but they were "non-essential" and not something the club would HAVE to do or fund if the Trust didn't assist. 

Fully agree that the money needs spending as it could limit future fundraising, but would prefer an option of a project that wouldn't be possible without the assistance of fans effort and money. 

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Ballot on 14:46 - Feb 23 with 2913 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 14:30 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

I think the monies raised from the cup run will have boosted the budget over and above what could have been forecast.

Hopefully that money can be used to improve the squad next season and also offset any losses, lets face it the crowds alone wont cover the bills.
Trust Ballot on 14:56 - Feb 23 with 2899 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 14:36 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

The main issue is trying to work out how this isn't just helping with the club's running costs. Not that there's anything wrong with that at specific times, but the floodlights have to be done this year just as much as the wages and the electricity bill etc have to be paid each month/year etc. The comments in the letter say "The club are keen to point out that if they have to fund the work in full without our support, it will ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget." This is pretty obvious, wouldn't any source of/lack of income affect budgets? 

The training ground, the covers, the safety netting and the multitude of other ideas/completed projects were obviously to benefit the club, but they were "non-essential" and not something the club would HAVE to do or fund if the Trust didn't assist. 

Fully agree that the money needs spending as it could limit future fundraising, but would prefer an option of a project that wouldn't be possible without the assistance of fans effort and money. 

I know where you are coming from with that but in the meantime seasons roll by and the lump sum just sits in the bank, whats the point in raising the money ?

If the club have highlighted an area where they would like the money to be utilised and the members agree then lets give it the green light, that's what the money is for.

At least the floodlight project is something that actually benefits the supporters directly and it isn't just Trust members who contributed to the fund a lot of the donations will probably have come from non members.
Trust Ballot on 14:57 - Feb 23 with 2896 viewsSalwaDale

Might seem a strange question, but what happens with trust members who don't vote? Will it simply be a countup of those who do vote, or does some kind of majority of all members need to be reached?

TBBT

Trust Ballot on 15:02 - Feb 23 with 2885 views100notout

Is it just me or is this just a fait accompli? There aren't any "options" as such - we either spend the money on the floodlights or do nothing with it.

As previously said, this is just ongoing expenditure that the club - any club- has to accommodate. To say "it will ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget " is true - of course it is - paying the electric bill, the business rates, the stewards, will all ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget. Do they think we are completely stupid?

Weren't there any other realistic options?

One other question - it doesn't state on the ballot paper how much money is being donated to the club for this project although it does mention a figure of £30,000 in the accompanying letter.

Can the Trust please confirm the exact figure being donated?

5000 shares for £30k?????

£6 a share - sounds a lot.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust Ballot on 15:04 - Feb 23 with 2880 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 14:57 - Feb 23 by SalwaDale

Might seem a strange question, but what happens with trust members who don't vote? Will it simply be a countup of those who do vote, or does some kind of majority of all members need to be reached?

Bloody hell WD don't muddy the waters any further . If the Trust and its funds become a political issue and tied up in red tape that would be the quickest way ever to put people off renewing their Trust memberships or supporting fund raising events.

I would imagine every member would receive a ballot paper and the ones who cant be bothered to return them just don't register a vote so its not counted.
Trust Ballot on 15:06 - Feb 23 with 2873 viewsSalwaDale

Trust Ballot on 15:04 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

Bloody hell WD don't muddy the waters any further . If the Trust and its funds become a political issue and tied up in red tape that would be the quickest way ever to put people off renewing their Trust memberships or supporting fund raising events.

I would imagine every member would receive a ballot paper and the ones who cant be bothered to return them just don't register a vote so its not counted.

Thanks, not muddying the waters (well not trying anyway).

Basically I didn't raise any of the money as I wasn't a member that year. For that reason I feel my opinion is less valid and would rather not vote. However, don't want my abstinence to harm the process.

TBBT

Trust Ballot on 15:07 - Feb 23 with 2872 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Ballot on 15:04 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

Well Chuckleberry hasn't received one!

Trust Ballot on 15:12 - Feb 23 with 2862 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 15:02 - Feb 23 by 100notout

Is it just me or is this just a fait accompli? There aren't any "options" as such - we either spend the money on the floodlights or do nothing with it.

As previously said, this is just ongoing expenditure that the club - any club- has to accommodate. To say "it will ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget " is true - of course it is - paying the electric bill, the business rates, the stewards, will all ultimately reduce the amount available for the playing budget. Do they think we are completely stupid?

Weren't there any other realistic options?

One other question - it doesn't state on the ballot paper how much money is being donated to the club for this project although it does mention a figure of £30,000 in the accompanying letter.

Can the Trust please confirm the exact figure being donated?

5000 shares for £30k?????

£6 a share - sounds a lot.

I wasn't aware donating the money to the club was conditional on the Trust receiving shares. The people who donated money, where they aware at the time that it would only be handed over if the Trust received shares because I don't remember that stipulation?

If push comes to shove I can see the Chairman and directors telling the trust to keep their money and cutting all ties. What happens to the sum of money then and the supporters trust, because lets face it the money was donated to give to the club not to the Trust.
Trust Ballot on 15:17 - Feb 23 with 2851 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Ballot on 15:12 - Feb 23 by TalkingSutty

I wasn't aware donating the money to the club was conditional on the Trust receiving shares. The people who donated money, where they aware at the time that it would only be handed over if the Trust received shares because I don't remember that stipulation?

If push comes to shove I can see the Chairman and directors telling the trust to keep their money and cutting all ties. What happens to the sum of money then and the supporters trust, because lets face it the money was donated to give to the club not to the Trust.

But if the members vote against the donation (which I don't think they will), the Chairman and directors have no right to do that as it's a decision reached through a democratic process.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 15:18]

Trust Ballot on 15:19 - Feb 23 with 2840 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 15:06 - Feb 23 by SalwaDale

Thanks, not muddying the waters (well not trying anyway).

Basically I didn't raise any of the money as I wasn't a member that year. For that reason I feel my opinion is less valid and would rather not vote. However, don't want my abstinence to harm the process.

You don't have to be a Trust member to have contributed to the fund sitting in the bank. Did you sponsor somebody on the Accrington walk or have you ever attended any Trust functions, purchased raffle tickets etc over the years ?

Those people handed over the money so it could be handed on to the club, it wasn't donated to benefit the Trust financially and I don't think it was given at the time on the understanding that the Trust received shares (If there was something written down at the time the supporters trust was formed then I stand corrected).
Trust Ballot on 15:40 - Feb 23 with 2802 viewsisitme

I walked to Accrington and collected enough money to warrant a place on the board. I am also a member of the trust, but I do not see what the obsession is with shares? I walked, raised money, join the trust to benefit OUR club.

What use are shares anyway? They do not bring a dividend and unless there is a hidden agenda to earn a place on the board holding any doesn't bring any benefit. Unless I am totally missing the point, which I could well be.

The money needs to be spent as it has been sitting in a bank a account (albeit accumulating interest) for a while now and is preventing further fundraising. To address 442's point the club has more money than the trust could ever raise, so there will never be anything that the Trust funds that couldn't have been bought anyway.

If the £30,000 donation indirectly helps to keep one of our better players next season, it will be money well spent.
Trust Ballot on 16:15 - Feb 23 with 2763 views100notout

You're right there are no conditions attached nor should there be to donating money to the Trust / Club. I'll be voting to use the money to fund the floodlight work and hope the Trust and Club get maximum publicity for this partnership. Until we utilize the funds raised it will hold back further fund raising projects.

The share value is an interesting one - seem to recall 2/3 years ago shares being "offered" to new investors at £2 each.

This is all about Team Rochdale - the players, the management, the fans, the directors and the shareholders. I do think that (sometimes) the directors see the Trust as interfering busy bodies - we're not!!!! We're all in it together and need to work together - when we do, we can achieve great success. The Club needs the Trust and the Trust needs the Club.

Onwards and upwards.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust Ballot on 16:21 - Feb 23 with 2754 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Ballot on 15:40 - Feb 23 by isitme

I walked to Accrington and collected enough money to warrant a place on the board. I am also a member of the trust, but I do not see what the obsession is with shares? I walked, raised money, join the trust to benefit OUR club.

What use are shares anyway? They do not bring a dividend and unless there is a hidden agenda to earn a place on the board holding any doesn't bring any benefit. Unless I am totally missing the point, which I could well be.

The money needs to be spent as it has been sitting in a bank a account (albeit accumulating interest) for a while now and is preventing further fundraising. To address 442's point the club has more money than the trust could ever raise, so there will never be anything that the Trust funds that couldn't have been bought anyway.

If the £30,000 donation indirectly helps to keep one of our better players next season, it will be money well spent.

Thank you, i think that covers it. The only reason i want to join the trust is so that as a group of supporters we can help the club financially by raising and handing over money to help the club. To then start putting conditions on the club doesnt sit right, lets face it if chairman and directors hadnt donated out of their own pockets over the years we wouldnt have a club.
Trust Ballot on 16:44 - Feb 23 with 2724 views442Dale

Trust Ballot on 15:40 - Feb 23 by isitme

My point wasn't anything to do with amounts of money.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024