Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
by having a better life you can save the economy 23:33 - Mar 17 with 1205 viewssingalongajack

this isn't a new idea.
it's been around in various guises for many years, but would improve peoples lives and boost the economy hugely.
THE 4 DAY WEEK
that's it.
you can work weekends if you want, but you have a day off in the week for yourself.
the economy is a wheel, that if it keeps turning, it keeps making money.
the only way it stops making money is when people stop spending(turning the wheel) or massive amounts are drained from the system.
it's not going to work for all trades, but large employers could be asked by the government to adopt the scheme, possibly with tax incentives)
people would have more spare time to further their lives. this would make them more productive workers and less likely to take the ps/sick/stressblah.
more businesses would spring up to cater for these happy people with more time and money on their hands, leading to more tax for the government keeping the wheel turning.
as an employer, if you look after your workforce , they look after you

by having a better life you can save the economy on 23:52 - Mar 17 with 1181 viewsjack_lord

I tried explaining this in the year before Labour went out of office.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

by having a better life you can save the economy on 00:27 - Mar 18 with 1161 viewsDyfnant

Very few areas this could work outside of public sector employment

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

by having a better life you can save the economy on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 1090 viewsCatullus

Now over the years I have become a luddite. I have been fed up of seeing technology put people out of jobs. This is the same technology they used to say would make our lives easier.
But unfortunately the powers that be didn't go down the life improving route, they took the "making profit" route.
I see no reason why the working week needs to be any more than 30 hours a week.
As well as improving people's lives it would also help unemployment.
I know there will be people who say it can't be done, but why not? The only people who would lose out are the rich and powerful. Their wealth would decline as full time employment laws would apply to many millions more people. Small businesses would find it hard maybe. But if you work for yourself and do long hours, it's your choice.
Why Asda, Tesco, Apple, pretty much any multinational can be allowed top get away with making huge sums and giving most of the profits to the already rich is just plain wrong in my eyes.
If we really want a better, fairer world, the capitalist system has to change.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024