Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? 13:43 - Mar 26 with 6162 viewsVetchitBack

Well yes, is the short answer.

Captained us in all four divisions. "That" block at Wembley. Visibly proud to represent our club and our city...

...but after making what is a relatively rare appearance at a game these days yesterday I was surprised and rather saddened at the attitude of many fans toward him. The demographics went from two elderly ladies on the coach home "I'll always sing but not Super Garry Monk or anything about him" to a group of youngish "lads" behind me who were commendably vocal throughout but would go silent at "Garry Monk's Barmy Army" and one of their number shouted once near the start "Sacked in the Morning" which for my own pleasure at the time I chose to believe was about Wenger.

This is someone who is now Swansea through and through not a journeyman mercenary but this seems to have utterly escaped some of spoilt, celebrity-loving brats that watch us nowadays.

Even if you think he was the wrong appointment (only short-term as nothing has been revealed long-term) that was not his call.

Please either shut up with the snidey comments (at the match) and get behind Garry or risk looking like a glory hunting plastic with no sense of loyalty.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 13:46]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:57 - Mar 26 with 1408 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:54 - Mar 26 by oldcob

When Roberto Martinez was appointed manager I thought Huw had dropped a bullock appointing someone so young and inexperienced. I was proved wrong. Now i've learned to reserve my judgement until I see how it works out.

I understand your reasoning, but Roberto was appointed at a time where we were one of the top teams in League 1, with arguably one of the best squads in the league. Garry was appointed to a club in one of their worst runs of form for many years, with a severely depleted squad and at a time where if he didn't get off to a solid start we could be playing the following season in the division below.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 1364 viewsSpratty

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:46 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Going by what I've heard today, Gary deserves more from one or two of his players. Not trying in training and looking for the 'out' have been mentioned. Makes Huw's recent stance and the Jan signings all the more credible in my personal opinion.

More gossip and rumour that you are not willing to back up with detail?

You may have the cause and effect reversed.

Going out on a limb here, but perhaps some saw sacking a manager who may have been a significant factor in them joining the club as a bad thing. Especially when replace by an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager whose results run has been poor (which reflects on the players). I am not even particularly solely thinking about the non UK players here.

Even more so if they suspected that those concerned did not show the same loyalty and absolute support to the previous manager. Possibly what goes around comes around.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:06 - Mar 26 with 1342 viewsItchySphincter

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 19:13 - Mar 26 by Spratty

More gossip and rumour that you are not willing to back up with detail?

You may have the cause and effect reversed.

Going out on a limb here, but perhaps some saw sacking a manager who may have been a significant factor in them joining the club as a bad thing. Especially when replace by an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager whose results run has been poor (which reflects on the players). I am not even particularly solely thinking about the non UK players here.

Even more so if they suspected that those concerned did not show the same loyalty and absolute support to the previous manager. Possibly what goes around comes around.

Get back to nursing that hard on you've got for Laudrup you boring tw@t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:07 - Mar 26 with 1341 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:46 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Going by what I've heard today, Gary deserves more from one or two of his players. Not trying in training and looking for the 'out' have been mentioned. Makes Huw's recent stance and the Jan signings all the more credible in my personal opinion.

The only way that Huw's January signings could become credible would be if the entire squad had agreed a mass suicide pact for 1st Feb and the club's bank account had been hacked and emptied by cyber thieves.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:16 - Mar 26 with 1319 viewsItchySphincter

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:07 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

The only way that Huw's January signings could become credible would be if the entire squad had agreed a mass suicide pact for 1st Feb and the club's bank account had been hacked and emptied by cyber thieves.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 21:21 - Mar 26 with 1297 viewsSpratty

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:06 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Get back to nursing that hard on you've got for Laudrup you boring tw@t.

Good comeback

I do have a rather huge erection - Civil engineering's a bitch
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 21:41 - Mar 26 with 1283 viewscitywalljack

Do you think the criticism of Garry is more frustration at the way he was appointed? On the assumption most fans on here actually support the swans (it isn't always obvious) negative comments tend to be from groups of frustrated laudrup fans, groups frustrated at the boards apparent 'jobs for the boys' approach and others that just like moaning - all part of our brilliantly diverse fan base! Monk as our manager should get our support and does from the majority but it's the position he's been put in that gets the most negative comments. His status a capt / player is not in doubt and he's done a decent job in a bloody tough situation for an inexperienced manager but the challenge seems to be why did we appoint an inexperienced manager during perhaps our most challenging period in a decade? God forbid if we go down I suspect it'll be the board not Garry that'll hear the wrath of the fans.
Does Garry deserve more from on 23:02 - Mar 26 with 1249 viewsSpratty

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 21:41 - Mar 26 by citywalljack

Do you think the criticism of Garry is more frustration at the way he was appointed? On the assumption most fans on here actually support the swans (it isn't always obvious) negative comments tend to be from groups of frustrated laudrup fans, groups frustrated at the boards apparent 'jobs for the boys' approach and others that just like moaning - all part of our brilliantly diverse fan base! Monk as our manager should get our support and does from the majority but it's the position he's been put in that gets the most negative comments. His status a capt / player is not in doubt and he's done a decent job in a bloody tough situation for an inexperienced manager but the challenge seems to be why did we appoint an inexperienced manager during perhaps our most challenging period in a decade? God forbid if we go down I suspect it'll be the board not Garry that'll hear the wrath of the fans.

Think your latter questions are the most pertinent

My concern with Garry as a manager apart from the obvious points you make is any treachery that may have been involved in a coup d'état.

Treachery is my least favourite vice and a very destructive force to retain within the club. I would like to think this is purely fantasy but even from Ash's own comments there is a clear whiff of it. There are many other indicators too.

Some may not care about such things but have serious concerns when an action perceived by some to prevent relegation is having damn near the reverse effect.

There is also the handling of all this by the club and the negative impact that has
Login to get fewer ads

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 23:43 - Mar 26 with 1229 viewsAngelRangelQS

There has been more support for Monk than there ever was for Laudrup.

We've been on a terrible run of form and that is always going to result in detractors. That said, his record in the league isn't abysmal... 6 points from 7 including away games at Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal? You can chuck in Stoke too where we've struggled previously and it's better than it could have been. Would we have taken that after the West Ham game? I would have done.

You'd like to think there's a plan in place and we've got a manager pretty much sorted for next season (presumably on the basis we stay up... If we go down then I would expect Monk to at least be given the start of next season). We don't usually do things on a wing and a prayer and I doubt we've done so this time.

There's no reason why in 10 days time we can't be virtually safe.
Does Garry deserve more from on 01:01 - Mar 27 with 1218 viewsSpratty

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 23:43 - Mar 26 by AngelRangelQS

There has been more support for Monk than there ever was for Laudrup.

We've been on a terrible run of form and that is always going to result in detractors. That said, his record in the league isn't abysmal... 6 points from 7 including away games at Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal? You can chuck in Stoke too where we've struggled previously and it's better than it could have been. Would we have taken that after the West Ham game? I would have done.

You'd like to think there's a plan in place and we've got a manager pretty much sorted for next season (presumably on the basis we stay up... If we go down then I would expect Monk to at least be given the start of next season). We don't usually do things on a wing and a prayer and I doubt we've done so this time.

There's no reason why in 10 days time we can't be virtually safe.

"There has been more support for Monk than there ever was for Laudrup."

You do surprise me he seemed pretty popular when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea and won the COC with our best ever league position for many many years. He also seemed pretty popular when we were so keen to extend his contract.

By whom and with what evidence? Darran even says he doesn't think many people want Monk as manager.

As far as form see below and recall previously we were still in Europa and FA having a 50% higher fixture density than we have now and major key injuries.

We have dropped from achieving 96% of last season's like for like PL games points total pre Monk to 46% post Monk

We have now gone 9 games without winning - the most all season.

Before that the most was 7 even at the height of fixtures (9 games from 1st Dec to 1st Jan) and during that period our losses were to Man City away and home, Chelsea and Everton. Only City away was lost by more than 1 goal and we were highly praised for that performance as the best team that had visited the Etihad this season.

Whatever happens going forward the handling of this leaves a lot to be desired and we have been put in a much more vunerable position, where even ignoring the heavy fixture loading, major key injuries and more difficult fixtures Laudrup was still averaging a point per game which would see us comfortably safe.

You mention West Ham. You recall they had just held Chelsea at the Bridge and also held the PL record for clean sheets. Our defeat saw the start of a month long run for them of winning every game by a 2 goal margin and only conceding 1 goal (in their 3-1 win against Southampton). Sam won manager of the month. Now tell me about WBA after a 2 week break we lost at home to a team we have a good record against, in terminal decline who had not won away for 5 1/2 months and just once in their last 19 games.

Also tell me if some of the players had so much to drink on their official jolly to Cheltenham they were being sick on the coach on the way back just a few days before that match as I have been told. If so it makes the false leaks about Laudrup's supposed trip to Paris even more breathtakingly ironic.
Does Garry deserve more from on 02:06 - Mar 27 with 1208 viewszaragozajack

I think the problem most people have with Monk is the way he was appointed. As far as I'm concerned the time for recriminations is at the season but for now we need to back him until the final whistle at sunderland.

I am right behind Monk and although the results not been there W1 D4 L5 I'm feeling positive. I am enjoying watching us again as opposed to the last few months of laudrup games which apart from the FA cup game at old trafford were painful to watch. Breaking down the 10 games Monk has had in charge I think he has done an good job. We have been unlucky in a few games but shown a lot more heart than under laudrup

1st game H v cardiff (3-0) - perfect start and great performance

2nd game A v stoke (1-1)- Going to stoke on a cold wednesday night and getting a great point hard earned point

3rd game A v everton (3-1)- We took the reserves as monk was focusing on the europa league and prem. We put up a good fight with a second string team and had it not been for Neil Taylor's backpass we maybe could have snatched a replay.I think us getting knocked out was good as we have suffered from too many games this season and let's be honest premiership survival is the priority.

4th game H v Napoli (0-0)- We played magnificently and dominated the game but as with a lot of games weren't deadly enough infront of goal. If it weren't for one of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen this tie could have been dead and buried

5th game A v Liverpool (4-3)- Great response from going 2-0 down. The boys showed more heart than I saw in 2 months of Laudrup. We were ultimitely beaten by one of the best sides this season but they needed a lucky bounce to henderson to score the winner.

6th game A v Napoli (3-1)- Going to Napoli was always going to be difficult but another good performance and in the end the difference was a 35 million pound striker in higuain. In the end we didn't take out chances in the first leg but a good way to bow out of the europa league and concentrate on survival.

7th game H v Crystal Palace- Great first half. We let them back into it in the second half and gave them plenty of chances. Unfortunate penalty from a foul outside the area gave them the equaliser. Not too many complaints though as we were outclassed in the second half

8th game H v West Brom- I didn't see the first half unfortunately but in the second half we weren't there at all and switched off completely. We can't afford to drop 3 points after being 1 up at home especially against teams around us in the table.

9th game A v Everton- Always going to be difficult to go to goodison park but we had a few really good spells and almost managed to come back to draw.

10th game A v Arsenal- Watching the first half gave us a taste of what it must be like for the opposition when they play against swansea. We didn't have much of the ball but we absorbed the pressure and scored a great goal through bony. If it wasn't for a minute of madness and Probert screwing us over (Podolski assaulting Bony and blowing full time with De Guzman bearing down on goal) we could have easily come away with the 3 points.

The main thing Garry is missing at the moment is few more wins. For the most part the performances have been promising but they mean nothing if we don't convert them into points. I'll take a few awful performances and staying up at the moment! Norwich is a huge huge game for us and although I don't think it is "must win" I think it would be hugely damaging psychologically if we don't come away with the 3 points. That said, based on our performance at the Emirates I'm cautiously optimistic.

Overall I believe Garry has been great at putting the heart back into the team. It is obvious that he is a Jack through and through and that is rubbing off on the players. The boys look like they're playing for the shirt more (compare any of our performances under monk with our game v west ham for example). What he needs to work on now is getting the team to be more clinical so we can convert more chances. He also needs to sort out our performances in the second half. We had a good second half against Arsenal but for that minute of madness but at the end of the day the second halves against Crystal Palace and West Brom were unacceptable (even more so because we were at home!).

Whether he is the man to take us forward I'm not sure as I don't know how he would fare in the transfer window etc. but in the short term I think he is on the right track to keeping us up. Whether or not "some" fans want him in charge or whether they agree with his appointment is irrelevant. He's here and we need to get behind him. We'll have plenty of time to voice our opinions at the end of the season!

Blog: Why we need to get behind Garry Monk

Does Garry deserve more from on 08:08 - Mar 27 with 1185 viewsAngelRangelQS

Does Garry deserve more from on 01:01 - Mar 27 by Spratty

"There has been more support for Monk than there ever was for Laudrup."

You do surprise me he seemed pretty popular when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea and won the COC with our best ever league position for many many years. He also seemed pretty popular when we were so keen to extend his contract.

By whom and with what evidence? Darran even says he doesn't think many people want Monk as manager.

As far as form see below and recall previously we were still in Europa and FA having a 50% higher fixture density than we have now and major key injuries.

We have dropped from achieving 96% of last season's like for like PL games points total pre Monk to 46% post Monk

We have now gone 9 games without winning - the most all season.

Before that the most was 7 even at the height of fixtures (9 games from 1st Dec to 1st Jan) and during that period our losses were to Man City away and home, Chelsea and Everton. Only City away was lost by more than 1 goal and we were highly praised for that performance as the best team that had visited the Etihad this season.

Whatever happens going forward the handling of this leaves a lot to be desired and we have been put in a much more vunerable position, where even ignoring the heavy fixture loading, major key injuries and more difficult fixtures Laudrup was still averaging a point per game which would see us comfortably safe.

You mention West Ham. You recall they had just held Chelsea at the Bridge and also held the PL record for clean sheets. Our defeat saw the start of a month long run for them of winning every game by a 2 goal margin and only conceding 1 goal (in their 3-1 win against Southampton). Sam won manager of the month. Now tell me about WBA after a 2 week break we lost at home to a team we have a good record against, in terminal decline who had not won away for 5 1/2 months and just once in their last 19 games.

Also tell me if some of the players had so much to drink on their official jolly to Cheltenham they were being sick on the coach on the way back just a few days before that match as I have been told. If so it makes the false leaks about Laudrup's supposed trip to Paris even more breathtakingly ironic.

I just went with the amount of monk chants/songs there are compared with Laudrup to be honest mate.

I'm probably wasting my time responding to you anyway. It wasn't a slight on your Danish boyfriend, it was an observation. It's possibly to do with the fact that Monk is a Swans legend whilst Laudrup (despite the success of last season) was just some Danish bloke who played for other clubs, no matter how good he was.
Does Garry deserve more from on 08:36 - Mar 27 with 1175 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Garry deserve more from on 08:08 - Mar 27 by AngelRangelQS

I just went with the amount of monk chants/songs there are compared with Laudrup to be honest mate.

I'm probably wasting my time responding to you anyway. It wasn't a slight on your Danish boyfriend, it was an observation. It's possibly to do with the fact that Monk is a Swans legend whilst Laudrup (despite the success of last season) was just some Danish bloke who played for other clubs, no matter how good he was.

You need to change your name to AngelRangelSS.
Does Garry deserve more from on 09:06 - Mar 27 with 1161 viewsAngelRangelQS

Does Garry deserve more from on 08:36 - Mar 27 by WarwickHunt

You need to change your name to AngelRangelSS.

The exact same thought went through my mind on Tuesday night as he was bring skinned for the equaliser
Does Garry deserve more from on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 1140 viewslonglostjack

Does Garry deserve more from on 02:06 - Mar 27 by zaragozajack

I think the problem most people have with Monk is the way he was appointed. As far as I'm concerned the time for recriminations is at the season but for now we need to back him until the final whistle at sunderland.

I am right behind Monk and although the results not been there W1 D4 L5 I'm feeling positive. I am enjoying watching us again as opposed to the last few months of laudrup games which apart from the FA cup game at old trafford were painful to watch. Breaking down the 10 games Monk has had in charge I think he has done an good job. We have been unlucky in a few games but shown a lot more heart than under laudrup

2nd game A v stoke (1-1)- Going to stoke on a cold wednesday night and getting a great point hard earned point

3rd game A v everton (3-1)- We took the reserves as monk was focusing on the europa league and prem. We put up a good fight with a second string team and had it not been for Neil Taylor's backpass we maybe could have snatched a replay.I think us getting knocked out was good as we have suffered from too many games this season and let's be honest premiership survival is the priority.

4th game H v Napoli (0-0)- We played magnificently and dominated the game but as with a lot of games weren't deadly enough infront of goal. If it weren't for one of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen this tie could have been dead and buried

5th game A v Liverpool (4-3)- Great response from going 2-0 down. The boys showed more heart than I saw in 2 months of Laudrup. We were ultimitely beaten by one of the best sides this season but they needed a lucky bounce to henderson to score the winner.

6th game A v Napoli (3-1)- Going to Napoli was always going to be difficult but another good performance and in the end the difference was a 35 million pound striker in higuain. In the end we didn't take out chances in the first leg but a good way to bow out of the europa league and concentrate on survival.

7th game H v Crystal Palace- Great first half. We let them back into it in the second half and gave them plenty of chances. Unfortunate penalty from a foul outside the area gave them the equaliser. Not too many complaints though as we were outclassed in the second half

8th game H v West Brom- I didn't see the first half unfortunately but in the second half we weren't there at all and switched off completely. We can't afford to drop 3 points after being 1 up at home especially against teams around us in the table.

9th game A v Everton- Always going to be difficult to go to goodison park but we had a few really good spells and almost managed to come back to draw.

10th game A v Arsenal- Watching the first half gave us a taste of what it must be like for the opposition when they play against swansea. We didn't have much of the ball but we absorbed the pressure and scored a great goal through bony. If it wasn't for a minute of madness and Probert screwing us over (Podolski assaulting Bony and blowing full time with De Guzman bearing down on goal) we could have easily come away with the 3 points.

The main thing Garry is missing at the moment is few more wins. For the most part the performances have been promising but they mean nothing if we don't convert them into points. I'll take a few awful performances and staying up at the moment! Norwich is a huge huge game for us and although I don't think it is "must win" I think it would be hugely damaging psychologically if we don't come away with the 3 points. That said, based on our performance at the Emirates I'm cautiously optimistic.

Overall I believe Garry has been great at putting the heart back into the team. It is obvious that he is a Jack through and through and that is rubbing off on the players. The boys look like they're playing for the shirt more (compare any of our performances under monk with our game v west ham for example). What he needs to work on now is getting the team to be more clinical so we can convert more chances. He also needs to sort out our performances in the second half. We had a good second half against Arsenal but for that minute of madness but at the end of the day the second halves against Crystal Palace and West Brom were unacceptable (even more so because we were at home!).

Whether he is the man to take us forward I'm not sure as I don't know how he would fare in the transfer window etc. but in the short term I think he is on the right track to keeping us up. Whether or not "some" fans want him in charge or whether they agree with his appointment is irrelevant. He's here and we need to get behind him. We'll have plenty of time to voice our opinions at the end of the season!

Great post

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 10:57 - Mar 27 with 1023 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think he deserves our full support. The appointment was a complete shock to him yet he stepped up the the plate and his doing is very best for us. I doubt if he should be manager next season BUT if we went on a run and took 80% of points by the end of the season (very unlikely I know) then I would be calling for him to be given the job. In support experienced assistants who have contacts in both Europe and the UK. Whatever happens he should have a senior coaching job or even assistant manager. His press skills are excellent and he is very good at motivating players.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 11:01 - Mar 27 with 1020 viewsperchrockjack

Our problem is not getting the results we deserve. Its the case we simply screw up at vital times after dominating the game which makes it hard to take.
Ive had it said to me by so many Evertonians this week and last that they cannot understand why we are in this relegation area. Liverpool fans are similiarly baffled.
These people know their football but they have said you ve got to take chances and concentrate 100% all game.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 11:38 - Mar 27 with 1012 viewsCatullus

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 13:49 - Mar 26 by Darran

I don't think Garry deserves more I just think people should support the club even more when support is needed,let's be honest we've suffered the first blip in over 10 years and some fans should just f*ck off and support someone else.

This, with the caveat that people are allowed to have a moan. As long as it's on here (or a similar site) and they don't boo the players.....or anyone else, and don't start negative chants at the matches.
Moaning and groaning is for websites and in the pubs, in the ground we should get right behind the team.
So does Garry deserve more, in the respect that he is part of the club, then yes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 11:43 - Mar 27 with 1007 viewsperchrockjack

Im beginning to think people use the p word not actually fully understanding what it means.
Its almost as bad as "cool" or "awesome" which should surely be arrestable offences to misuse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Does Garry deserve more from on 20:37 - Mar 27 with 972 viewszaragozajack

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 11:38 - Mar 27 by Catullus

This, with the caveat that people are allowed to have a moan. As long as it's on here (or a similar site) and they don't boo the players.....or anyone else, and don't start negative chants at the matches.
Moaning and groaning is for websites and in the pubs, in the ground we should get right behind the team.
So does Garry deserve more, in the respect that he is part of the club, then yes.

I definitely agree with you Catullus. Negative chants should be saved for extreme circumstances and the opposition. Get behind the team and show your support for full the 90 mins and leave the moaning till after the game!

Blog: Why we need to get behind Garry Monk

Does Garry deserve more from on 20:54 - Mar 27 with 963 viewsOldjack

Does Garry deserve more from on 02:06 - Mar 27 by zaragozajack

Spot on apart from the Palace game where illness played a big part in our downfall ,West Brom first half we were good

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 21:10 - Mar 27 with 942 viewsDr_Winston

The only truly disappointing performance of his time so far was WBA. There can be no excuses for a display that inept considering that everything should have been perfectly set for us in the build up. He has made other mistakes but overall the level of performance has generally been decent, at least on par with the insipid displays of late Laudrup.

I don't think he's a viable option to be in charge next season, but I'd be happy to see him as part of the setup. I do think that should we survive the job will be given to him, and that is likely to be Jenkins' first managerial mistake since Cusack.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 23:32 - Mar 27 with 904 viewsCatullus

FAO Spratty, I can understand you disliking treachery, I do too. But I have to ask, if the players honestly believed we were going down the pan, if they were unhappy, if training was wrong.....and whatever else the club has allowed into the public domain.....is it treachery when they take those concerns to the board?
Some of those players were here long before Laudrup, they are almost part of the furniture. They have a deep seated attachment to our club and in their minds they were doing the right thing.
Do they stand by a manager they believe is taking the club down the pan, or do they stand by the board who are ultimately in charge?
When it comes right down to it, we don't know what would have happened had Laudrup been left in charge. But there was a general feeling that we were failing, that things weren't right. And Laudrup talking us down constantly was getting right on my nerves.
As far as I'm concerned the players showed their loyalty to the welfare of the club, not to another employee of the club.
It took balls and they stood up to be counted, we should be proud that they cared enough to do something.
It would have been much easier to just wander through the rest of the season and look for a transfer out afterwards. Several of our first team would have been picked up for cheaper by grateful Pl newbies and lower placed teams looking for cheap but reasonable quality players.
You can call it treachery to Laudrup, I prefer to call it loyalty to the club.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 889 viewsSwanfan1

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:13 - Mar 26 by scottishjack

Sadly Garry Monk could win all 7 games between now and the end of the season and it wont win some fans over. At the end of the day Garry has been a fantastic player and captain for us, whatever happens between now and the end of the season, that isn't going to change in my eyes, and I wish him all the best for the games ahead.

oh get a grip, he won 1 game

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 15:00 - Mar 28 with 879 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I thought it was the right decision to put Monk in charge until the end of the season for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the choice of manager's available at the time would be less than there would at the end of the season and therefore we would not necessarily end up with the one we want .

Also Monk knows the club and players and what they are capable of, therefore bedding in would have been easier than bringing in a new guy.

Therefore I would obviously support the appointment of Garry Monk until the end of the season but not for longer than that.

Results have not been good despite a few good performances. Lets face it the games at home against Palace and West Brom were terrible. If we do go down these games and the Norwich one on Saturday will be seen as a major part of relegation. (if we lose)

Laudrup didn't have a bad record against the bottom half of the table (only 2 defeats against West Ham(A) and Cardiff (A)

I think Monk should stay on as coach but we need someone with a bit of knowledge and someone who is not as close to some of the current players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024