Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? 13:43 - Mar 26 with 5869 viewsVetchitBack

Well yes, is the short answer.

Captained us in all four divisions. "That" block at Wembley. Visibly proud to represent our club and our city...

...but after making what is a relatively rare appearance at a game these days yesterday I was surprised and rather saddened at the attitude of many fans toward him. The demographics went from two elderly ladies on the coach home "I'll always sing but not Super Garry Monk or anything about him" to a group of youngish "lads" behind me who were commendably vocal throughout but would go silent at "Garry Monk's Barmy Army" and one of their number shouted once near the start "Sacked in the Morning" which for my own pleasure at the time I chose to believe was about Wenger.

This is someone who is now Swansea through and through not a journeyman mercenary but this seems to have utterly escaped some of spoilt, celebrity-loving brats that watch us nowadays.

Even if you think he was the wrong appointment (only short-term as nothing has been revealed long-term) that was not his call.

Please either shut up with the snidey comments (at the match) and get behind Garry or risk looking like a glory hunting plastic with no sense of loyalty.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 13:46]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 16:33 - Mar 28 with 840 viewsScoobyWho

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:59 - Mar 26 by trolley_jack

Garry Monk is Swansea city.

While it suits.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Does Garry deserve more from on 16:34 - Mar 28 with 840 viewsScoobyWho

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:26 - Mar 26 by VetchitBack

Surely vocally supporting a new, inexperienced manager through hard times will help Swansea City?

By us supporting Swansea city he gets the benefit.
If people are stupid enough to worship these people then more fool them.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2014 16:35]

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 17:43 - Mar 28 with 802 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 14:59 - Mar 26 by trolley_jack

Garry Monk is Swansea city.

Grow up FFS.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 18:05 - Mar 29 with 767 viewsC_jack

Interesting to read today that Spurs are looking for a new manager next season, wonder why they won't be giving Sherwood the role full time? Probably because they have no chance of progression.

GM is doing his reputation the world of good, which I'm pleased about, but we are not his training wheels, every season we will just be scraping enough points at the bottom to survive, at the very best. That's not progression. "But he's been 10 years mun and knows the tea ladys name "

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 19:52 - Mar 29 with 750 viewslibertine

retrospectively speaking is easy.

but wouldn't it ve been a great partnership Our Garry and Michael Laudrup

we'd have the tactical knowledge of ML combined with the spirit that garry obviously creates in the team,
ML is a man with great tactical knowledge which is why we were doing better in the 2nd halves, he was moving things around, its a real pity that they could not have put their differences aside for the sake of the club they both get paid by.

So in answer to the question he does deserve the support from the fans, of course he does!
But I think whats happened is most people are getting the bad way that ML was sacked (if it is true that he was sacked in that manner, its gutless) and the Garry Monks appointment mixed up, after all its not his fault that the sacking was done in that way if it was. Hes been given the job that most football fans would love, is he going to say No thanks???

The bit about the thread that concerns me is the vomit on the bus bit, I hope that just spurious malicious rumour, if its not its way out of order.
Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:42 - Mar 29 with 723 viewsScoobyWho

I enjoyed supporting Swansea city today, and like many others I think garry monk got the benefit.

Does Garry deserve more from "some" fans? on 20:58 - Mar 29 with 703 viewsRogueTrooper

Probably the same people who though Martinez was a bad idea and said that Rodgers would be cack cos he failed at Reading. Garry is getting his chance, and deserves our support, despite some results being disappointing, the performances have definitely improved under his tenure and the results are now starting to follow.
I would love Bielsa to take over, but only if Garry doesn't want the job. We've got where we are without the big name managers (I include Laudrup as his managerial career was a bit iffy prior to his appointment) and we should stick to the plan that has worked for a decade. Thank feck Huw makes the decisions, I dread to think where we would be if we went with some of the opinions I read on here sometimes.

If you want to see what happens when a club chases the big name, throws the baby out with the bath water and blindly chucks money at everything I give you Cardiff City.
None of us would want that.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024