Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket office 18:15 - Apr 10 with 7871 viewslandorejack

What an absolute joke. My son turned 16 half way through season so I have been going down office since then and upgrading his st to an adult ticket as he looks way older and didn't want him to be turned away . Now they are saying I can't pay difference like I usually do I have to pay full ticket price and if I don't he can't use his st because he is too old. It's in west stand so it's not as if he had a cheap child's st either. St cost me £250 plus £20 extra every game since he turned 16 , now they want £45
Ticket office on 18:20 - Apr 10 with 6203 viewsNeath_Jack

Just tell him to use it on the gate, take ID with him incase challenged which i doubt he ever will be. I've used my mates son's under 16 ticket for my daughter and she's 18, never been stopped.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ticket office on 18:23 - Apr 10 with 6191 viewslandorejack

That's what he going to have to do , it's his name on it so surly they can't refuse him entry . Only problem is he does look way older than 16
Ticket office on 18:25 - Apr 10 with 6180 viewslovejuicejack

sub human scum but thats why we are the most profitable club in the prem
Ticket office on 18:26 - Apr 10 with 6177 viewsJackfath

I dont wish to be blunt but why have you been paying extra if he is the right age? Surely his passport would confirm his age and you wouldn't have an issue?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ticket office on 18:27 - Apr 10 with 6172 viewsC_jack

Far as I'm aware you didn't even need to do that, if he was 15 when it was bought, then he's good for the season. They cant expect you to cough up half way through the year for the cheek of having a birthday.

Chill, you're fine and if anything have overpaid upgrading it every week.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 18:28]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ticket office on 18:33 - Apr 10 with 6145 viewslandorejack

He was 15 when bought but now 16 but looks much older . I only payed the extra each game since he turned 16 as he looks more like 21 . Thought I was doing the right thing but back fired big time now
Ticket office on 18:36 - Apr 10 with 6120 viewsC_jack

Ticket office on 18:33 - Apr 10 by landorejack

He was 15 when bought but now 16 but looks much older . I only payed the extra each game since he turned 16 as he looks more like 21 . Thought I was doing the right thing but back fired big time now

You are far too honest mate, I really don't think the ticket office are going to get off their arse to monitor with who has had a birthday during the season.

Unless someone tells me any different, I'd be surprised if that is anywhere in the T&C, not a very good policy. Just carry on with the last 4 games with the original ticket you bought, we don't have electronic turnstiles so I doubt the men on the turnstiles are going to be bothered too much.

Ticket office on 18:37 - Apr 10 with 6112 viewsJackfath

So you're happy to pay an extra £20 per game even though you're not required to and now are unhappy as they want £45?

Sorry, but

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket office on 18:39 - Apr 10 with 6102 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ticket office on 18:33 - Apr 10 by landorejack

Just carry on using the same season ticket.
It doesn't matter how old he looks mun .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ticket office on 18:40 - Apr 10 with 6095 viewslandorejack

I understand what your saying but I think it's too late now . I went in today to do it and they said I can't unless I pay £45 and if I don't my son can't use it as he's too old .
Ticket office on 18:42 - Apr 10 with 6073 viewsC_jack

Ticket office on 18:40 - Apr 10 by landorejack

I understand what your saying but I think it's too late now . I went in today to do it and they said I can't unless I pay £45 and if I don't my son can't use it as he's too old .

Bollox that, you've bought a season ticket in perfectly legal means and they're telling you, that you now can't use it?

They won't have his face on every turnstile before the game, and they won't come hunt you down during the game, I'm confident.

Ticket office on 18:43 - Apr 10 with 6071 viewslandorejack

Ticket office on 18:37 - Apr 10 by Jackfath

So you're happy to pay an extra £20 per game even though you're not required to and now are unhappy as they want £45?

Sorry, but

According to them I am required to as he is now 16 . My own fault for drawing attention to it by upgrading I suppose but not willing to pay full price when I already payed for st
Ticket office on 18:49 - Apr 10 with 6034 viewsoldcob

Ticket office on 18:43 - Apr 10 by landorejack

According to them I am required to as he is now 16 . My own fault for drawing attention to it by upgrading I suppose but not willing to pay full price when I already payed for st

By the same principle if you are fifty-nine and a half buying a full season ticket, you would be able to claim rebate when you hit sixty. Can't see them standing for that.
Ticket office on 18:51 - Apr 10 with 6024 viewsPacemaker

My son has always looked old for his age and he was born in August so when ever I bought him a ticket within a few weeks of the season started he was always a year older, I never paid extra.

The ST is sold as a contract between you and the club Iin that for exchange of money set at the start of the season your son can attend every home league game until the end of season.

On the basis the ticket office have set out your sons predicament that means that any 59 year old can go in half way through the season and ask to exchange their ticket for an OAP ST. That doesn't happen, is your son still in school in which case he would fall under the student ticket anyway which is the same price.

I have a feeling either you or the Ticket Office have got this arse backwards.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Ticket office on 18:53 - Apr 10 with 6019 viewsSpratty

Ticket office on 18:27 - Apr 10 by C_jack

Far as I'm aware you didn't even need to do that, if he was 15 when it was bought, then he's good for the season. They cant expect you to cough up half way through the year for the cheek of having a birthday.

Chill, you're fine and if anything have overpaid upgrading it every week.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 18:28]

100% don't pay another penny - Whatever they say take not notice ignore them.

It is definitely the age you are on the first day of the season for which you take the season ticket out for. If concerned as others say take evidence of ID but should not be a problem anyway.

Similar case spent hours on the phone - told all sorts of sh1te insisted to speak to club they were absolutely determined said Dineen confirmed, said they had checked it out with PL. Finally I pointed out the website totally disagreed with them and said precisely what I said. After trying more crap went very quiet - promised to get back and never heard form them again.
Ticket office on 18:56 - Apr 10 with 6007 viewslandorejack

Ticket office on 18:51 - Apr 10 by Pacemaker

My son has always looked old for his age and he was born in August so when ever I bought him a ticket within a few weeks of the season started he was always a year older, I never paid extra.

The ST is sold as a contract between you and the club Iin that for exchange of money set at the start of the season your son can attend every home league game until the end of season.

On the basis the ticket office have set out your sons predicament that means that any 59 year old can go in half way through the season and ask to exchange their ticket for an OAP ST. That doesn't happen, is your son still in school in which case he would fall under the student ticket anyway which is the same price.

I have a feeling either you or the Ticket Office have got this arse backwards.

Thank I will go back down tomorrow and explain that . They sold me the st so he has a right to go to all the games . Should never have started upgrading it in first place
Ticket office on 18:59 - Apr 10 with 5987 views3swan

Can't find it now, but the ST's for U16 always had a date that the child had to be on application.

It was normally early August and the St would be valid for the whole season.
Ticket office on 19:00 - Apr 10 with 5986 viewsRancid

Bizarre thread.What was you thinking man?
Ticket office on 19:15 - Apr 10 with 5941 viewsSpratty

Ticket office on 18:56 - Apr 10 by landorejack

Thank I will go back down tomorrow and explain that . They sold me the st so he has a right to go to all the games . Should never have started upgrading it in first place

Dont go near them unless they have taken the ticket. Just make them give it you back if that is the case.

Otherwise just ignore them and carry on

They are totally wrong but will insist they are right

As said above the form will say it

If you speak to them (but don't) ask them if someone is 60 after 1 season ticket game will they give them a refund for the rest of the season. At least that will make them think because there is no way they would (and that would be correct because for all it is the age you are at the start of the season).

DO NOT YIELD
Ticket office on 19:25 - Apr 10 with 5902 viewsJackfath

19 home games at £20 upgrade a pop.

£380.

Mental.

Ticket office on 19:31 - Apr 10 with 5882 viewsjewsonjack

my son was 16 last month, but the season ticket covers him until the end of the season. You have to be under 16 on 1.9.13 to have a childs ticket. Any id with his date of birth should clarify this at the turnstile.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 19:32]
Ticket office on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 5877 viewslandorejack

Ticket office on 19:25 - Apr 10 by Jackfath

19 home games at £20 upgrade a pop.

£380.

Mental.

Not 19 games it's 5, like I said its since he turned 16
Ticket office on 19:35 - Apr 10 with 5863 viewsJackfath

Ticket office on 19:32 - Apr 10 by landorejack

Oh. Apologies. £100 for the upgrade then? That's ok then.

Ticket office on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 5834 viewsSpratty

Demand a refund say as they told you you must upgrade it's their fault you paid the £100.

Obviously will say no but stand up to them - they talk absolute crap - give it them straight back

I hate to say this because it is not their fault and can be v.helpful on simple things

But anything technical they will just tell you any old crap. Wouldn't mind if at least it made a bit of sense
Ticket office on 19:41 - Apr 10 with 5827 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

You did not have to upgrade the ticket. The staff at the ticket should know this and probably did know this. If I was you I would be down the ticket office tomorrow and demanding my money back for the times I've been made to upgrade and demand an apology. If they refuse then write a formal letter to the club explaining the situation. £100 is a lot of money which the club have wrongly taken from you.

(Although as previously mentioned you have partly brought this upon yourself, why did you think you had to upgrade halfway through the season?)

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024