Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff losing 15:27 - May 3 with 5719 viewsthe_gasman

Bless

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Cardiff losing on 15:56 - May 3 with 4575 viewssnork44

According to the Scum fans they would have been safe if they had played Hudson instead of Caulker, I know Caulker has had a crap season but to say Hudson is the better option is like comparing a Bugatti to a Ford Fiesta. But bless em they can play with Hudson in the Championship.
[Post edited 3 May 2014 15:57]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Cardiff losing on 16:01 - May 3 with 4544 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 15:56 - May 3 by snork44

According to the Scum fans they would have been safe if they had played Hudson instead of Caulker, I know Caulker has had a crap season but to say Hudson is the better option is like comparing a Bugatti to a Ford Fiesta. But bless em they can play with Hudson in the Championship.
[Post edited 3 May 2014 15:57]

Is Caulker more athletic and a better technical defender? Sure.

Hudson however is a far better leader than Caulker - I've zero doubt our defence would be better organised with Hudson out there.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff losing on 16:24 - May 3 with 4494 viewssnork44

Cardiff losing on 16:01 - May 3 by reddythered

Is Caulker more athletic and a better technical defender? Sure.

Hudson however is a far better leader than Caulker - I've zero doubt our defence would be better organised with Hudson out there.

He maybe a better leader, but in the Premier league ability counts and Hudson is slightly lacking in that department!

Cardiff losing on 16:29 - May 3 with 4481 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 16:24 - May 3 by snork44

He maybe a better leader, but in the Premier league ability counts and Hudson is slightly lacking in that department!

Maybe, but for all Caulker's better athleticism, he was marking space when Ameobi had a free header.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff losing on 16:37 - May 3 with 4467 viewssnork44

Cardiff losing on 16:29 - May 3 by reddythered

Maybe, but for all Caulker's better athleticism, he was marking space when Ameobi had a free header.

Caulker needs an experienced player alongside him, he had that at Swansea and Spurs. But to be playing at Cardiff with Taylor, Hudson and Cala was a big ask.

Cardiff losing on 16:39 - May 3 with 4457 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 16:37 - May 3 by snork44

Caulker needs an experienced player alongside him, he had that at Swansea and Spurs. But to be playing at Cardiff with Taylor, Hudson and Cala was a big ask.

Mackay bought him to be that "leader" though, making him captain. I'd have thought Moody's wonder dossiers would have made that "weakness" clear.

Cardiff losing on 16:46 - May 3 with 4439 viewsthe_gasman

Remy. 2 0

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Cardiff losing on 16:46 - May 3 with 4439 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

2 - 0 Bye bye cardiff
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff losing on 16:48 - May 3 with 4427 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Now 3 - 0 Newport county they're coming for you
Cardiff losing on 16:51 - May 3 with 4404 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 16:48 - May 3 by Tycoch_Tyrant

Now 3 - 0 Newport county they're coming for you

Hmm, not really.

Cardiff losing on 16:53 - May 3 with 4393 viewsDrizzy

Cardiff losing on 16:51 - May 3 by reddythered

Hmm, not really.

Condolences, Reddy. What a f*cking sh*t team you have, mind. Two massive games away at Sunderland and Newcastle and you get d*cked 4-0 and 3-0. Totally gutless.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Cardiff losing on 16:59 - May 3 with 4323 viewsSgorioFruit

Cardiff losing on 16:51 - May 3 by reddythered

Hmm, not really.

haha
RED RED RED

Vincent tan trousers up to his shoulders man, no dan can play for van cardiff are going down man.tan can red red red up tho shoulders is his trousers red Tan.

UPPASWANS

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Cardiff losing on 17:02 - May 3 with 4296 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 16:53 - May 3 by Drizzy

Condolences, Reddy. What a f*cking sh*t team you have, mind. Two massive games away at Sunderland and Newcastle and you get d*cked 4-0 and 3-0. Totally gutless.

I'd not be surprised if a number of players going had their minds elsewhere. Final two goals today, well, took Fabio off for a midfielder, threw everyone forward to try to score. Losing 3-0 makes no odds over losing 1-0 to be honest.

All results have shown is what we've known already - Mackay spent 35m and there have still been glaring holes, a top end Championship squad. Can see Marshall, Caulker, Medel and possibly Mutch going so next season, without recruitments over summer, should be fairly similar to the squad season before last.

Cardiff losing on 17:21 - May 3 with 4201 viewsDrizzy

Cardiff losing on 17:02 - May 3 by reddythered

I'd not be surprised if a number of players going had their minds elsewhere. Final two goals today, well, took Fabio off for a midfielder, threw everyone forward to try to score. Losing 3-0 makes no odds over losing 1-0 to be honest.

All results have shown is what we've known already - Mackay spent 35m and there have still been glaring holes, a top end Championship squad. Can see Marshall, Caulker, Medel and possibly Mutch going so next season, without recruitments over summer, should be fairly similar to the squad season before last.

Yeah I suppose. The results on paper don't do you any favours though.

I think the main think that did you over this season - from a footballing perspective - was Cornelius being a total bust. Same thing happened with Van Wolfswinkle and Norwich, who look to be down now too. We struck gold with Bony who kept us afloat whereas yourselves and Norwich got nothing from your strikers and it cost you dearly.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Cardiff losing on 17:26 - May 3 with 4174 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 17:21 - May 3 by Drizzy

Yeah I suppose. The results on paper don't do you any favours though.

I think the main think that did you over this season - from a footballing perspective - was Cornelius being a total bust. Same thing happened with Van Wolfswinkle and Norwich, who look to be down now too. We struck gold with Bony who kept us afloat whereas yourselves and Norwich got nothing from your strikers and it cost you dearly.

Well, looking on video, Cornelius looked promising. If he'd been a £2m signing, we'd not have this problem because we could have afforded to have given him time to develop and see if he could come good.

£8m, handed the number 9 shirt, that tells me the manager expects him to do the business from day one. To then say "oh, he's one for the future" indicates a level of backtracking designed not to tarnish the image.

To be fair, don't think we've had a natural goalscorer since the days of McCormack and Chopra. We're down, let's give some youngsters a chance against Chelsea - I'd put Rhys Healey in the squad. He's scoring at DVP level, give him some game time to get a look at him.

Cardiff losing on 17:30 - May 3 with 4145 viewsSgorioFruit

This is why Cardiff got relegated

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff_City/Cardiff_City.htm

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Cardiff losing on 17:40 - May 3 with 4102 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 17:30 - May 3 by SgorioFruit

This is why Cardiff got relegated

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff_City/Cardiff_City.htm

If you're putting stock in the kit colour, which colour did we get promoted in
? Can't argue for one but not the other.

We got relegated because the available budget was used on players not good enough ( Cornelius ) or overspent ( Medel, Caulker ). The squad simply wasn't up to it, glaring issues even going back to last season hadn't been addressed - left back, lack of a naural goalscorer.

People will naturally whine and blame Tan; fact is, many factors caused us to go down. Caulker stating there had been off pitch leaks all season sums that one up. The only reason we relegated is that our squad wasn't good enough. Well, that and Sunderland getting let off fielding an ineligible player ;)

Too many players, Marshall excepted, failed to make the step up. Lack of faith in creative players like Noone. As much as I love Campbell's workrate for the team, he's not a natural goalscorer nor a lone striker. Couple with a lack of service, we're down due to not being good enough.

Cardiff losing on 17:55 - May 3 with 4048 viewswaynekerr55

I think that (in my largely irrelevant opinion anyway) that sacking Malky and not having a suitable replacement is what hammered the nails in the coffin.

Whilst you can argue about over spending (Cornelius being the obvious dud) the new PL TV deal was always going to inflate transfer fees and wages. Caulker for me is decent at this level and whilst Medel is clearly over weight he's done a job.

For me trying to change the style of play during the season with the same personnel is suicide.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cardiff losing on 17:59 - May 3 with 4029 viewsperchrockjack

Can only
Pray they never go up again. We have enough issues to be arsed about them.thank feck no derby with them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cardiff losing on 18:05 - May 3 with 4005 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 17:55 - May 3 by waynekerr55

I think that (in my largely irrelevant opinion anyway) that sacking Malky and not having a suitable replacement is what hammered the nails in the coffin.

Whilst you can argue about over spending (Cornelius being the obvious dud) the new PL TV deal was always going to inflate transfer fees and wages. Caulker for me is decent at this level and whilst Medel is clearly over weight he's done a job.

For me trying to change the style of play during the season with the same personnel is suicide.

Or... it shows the squad assembled was entirely one dimensional.

Playing that style is great when you've the quality of Chelsea. Both defensively and for hitting on the break. It's folly to have expected us to have stayed up playing that way - relies upon Marshall having a blinder each and every game, minimises the goal chances.

Liverpool, Southampton were Malky's final two games in charge. In both, we were three nil down at half time. Sunderland home game, his assistants in charge, two nil up, the usual defensive subs were made, drew two two.

Changing the style of play with the same personnel is only suicide if those players are unable to adapt. I'd argue the style of play under Ole would benefit numerous of our attacking players, Bellamy, Noone. Of the players brought in on a v tight budget, it's clear most were for depth or even for the Championship. Daehli has certainly played well.

When Ole took over, we were starting to leak goals and still not scoring many. The lack of a goalscorer wasn't going to be solved in the Jan transfer window, though I believe McCormack coming back could have helped. Nor did the previous regime selling Gestede, loaning Mason out help Ole's cause.

Ole will get the blame from many looking purely at results, scores, the problems were already there. We'd not have stayed up regardless of who was manager with the squad we've had.

And nobodies opinion is "largely irrelevant", it's a forum, all people's opinions are relevant. Except Oldjack. He smells of piss, after all.

Cardiff losing on 18:09 - May 3 with 3980 viewsDaggyjack

Loving OGS' interview afterwards.
Played great today, didn't deserve to lose, can't fault the boys. If losing 3-0 is playing great, then I'd hate to see a poor performance.
OGS = delusional.
Bye Bye Redbirds!
Cardiff losing on 18:12 - May 3 with 3968 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cardiff losing on 18:13 - May 3 with 3960 viewsC_jack

IVE BeeN ThINking

The JaCKS are More likely to GO DoWn, and if THey are HoNEst they wILL agree

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Cardiff losing on 18:14 - May 3 with 3950 viewswaynekerr55

Cardiff losing on 18:05 - May 3 by reddythered

Or... it shows the squad assembled was entirely one dimensional.

Playing that style is great when you've the quality of Chelsea. Both defensively and for hitting on the break. It's folly to have expected us to have stayed up playing that way - relies upon Marshall having a blinder each and every game, minimises the goal chances.

Liverpool, Southampton were Malky's final two games in charge. In both, we were three nil down at half time. Sunderland home game, his assistants in charge, two nil up, the usual defensive subs were made, drew two two.

Changing the style of play with the same personnel is only suicide if those players are unable to adapt. I'd argue the style of play under Ole would benefit numerous of our attacking players, Bellamy, Noone. Of the players brought in on a v tight budget, it's clear most were for depth or even for the Championship. Daehli has certainly played well.

When Ole took over, we were starting to leak goals and still not scoring many. The lack of a goalscorer wasn't going to be solved in the Jan transfer window, though I believe McCormack coming back could have helped. Nor did the previous regime selling Gestede, loaning Mason out help Ole's cause.

Ole will get the blame from many looking purely at results, scores, the problems were already there. We'd not have stayed up regardless of who was manager with the squad we've had.

And nobodies opinion is "largely irrelevant", it's a forum, all people's opinions are relevant. Except Oldjack. He smells of piss, after all.

Possibly, but to be fair you were still outside of the bottom 3 and more often than not looked tough to break down and looked dangerous from set pieces.

You have to remember that Saints and Liverpool are 2 of the better sides in the league, and in first season we were lucky that (a) we had a top top manager in Brendan and (b) our style was alien to most teams who were used to the "gedintoem" style of the PL

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cardiff losing on 18:26 - May 3 with 3896 viewsreddythered

Cardiff losing on 18:14 - May 3 by waynekerr55

Possibly, but to be fair you were still outside of the bottom 3 and more often than not looked tough to break down and looked dangerous from set pieces.

You have to remember that Saints and Liverpool are 2 of the better sides in the league, and in first season we were lucky that (a) we had a top top manager in Brendan and (b) our style was alien to most teams who were used to the "gedintoem" style of the PL

Maybe, but the fact remains you won't stay in this division hoping your keeper has 38 worldies and you can nick the odd set piece goal. Especially when that approach was used against teams around you.

Teams had started to work out the style fairly well, given the games we had around the period Malky was fired, it would have been a manager of the year performance for us *not* to have been in the relegation spots after them.

Look at the last ten games in the Championship. One win in ten. With the first team having changed by what, Medel, Caulker and KTC? Was always going to be a stretch staying up.

EDIT: And to be honest, it'll be interesting to see how Burnley do with Dyche in the Prem. Two goalscorers, decent style of play. Goals will give them a chance. And if they do stay up / do well, maybe we should have gone for the assistant, not the manager of Watford at the time.
[Post edited 3 May 2014 18:28]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024