Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England..... 18:24 - May 14 with 5367 viewsymaohyd

Do people want England to do well in the world cup?

Must be honest I am usually an 'Anyone but England' man, however, considering the part that our English players have played to get to where we now are, I am going to hope they do well.

Having said that, with their complete reluctance to cap our players that also leaves a bad taste. Would Vorm and JDG had been chosen for England had they been English...probably not.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

England..... on 18:26 - May 14 with 2551 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I want them to win it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England..... on 18:26 - May 14 with 2562 viewsmacthejack

Yes, I'm English...
England..... on 18:27 - May 14 with 2550 viewsDr_Winston

I don't mind them doing well, but I'd rather they didn't win it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

England..... on 18:37 - May 14 with 2531 viewsImAlrightJack

After the way they keep refusing our players, sod em.
England..... on 18:38 - May 14 with 2530 viewstreboethjack

Personally no, the thought of them gloating for the next 100 years puts me off the idea. Having said that they don't seem to be as bad as in previous years with the usual "we will win the world cup" etc.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

England..... on 18:40 - May 14 with 2524 viewspencoedjack

England..... on 18:27 - May 14 by Dr_Winston

Agree semi final heartache .... More interesting when they are still in it.

Cant see them getting out of group though.
England..... on 18:43 - May 14 with 2505 viewsJackfath

It's always the same. It's "cool" and "trendy" to want England to lose. However most of those who want them to fail are indeed plastic ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs or whoever was the best team when they were growing up.

With Wales likely to never qualify for a World Cup whilst I am on this earth, of course I would like them to do well. Anyone who says they'd like them to get stuffed really needs to grow up.

They should also take the chip off their shoulder.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 18:46]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

England..... on 18:43 - May 14 with 2503 viewsNeath_Jack

Absolutely not. Out in the group stage, bottom of the group, no goals scored.

F*ck em.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

England..... on 18:44 - May 14 with 2502 viewsDr_Winston

England..... on 18:40 - May 14 by pencoedjack

Agree semi final heartache .... More interesting when they are still in it.

Cant see them getting out of group though.

Think they'll just about squeeze out of the group. Not sure if Italy are the force they once were and they should beat Costa Rica.

Be surprised if they make it past the quarters though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

England..... on 18:46 - May 14 with 2496 viewsAngelRangelQS

England..... on 18:43 - May 14 by Neath_Jack

Absolutely not. Out in the group stage, bottom of the group, no goals scored.

F*ck em.

+1
England..... on 18:47 - May 14 with 2489 viewsJackFish

I'm usually pretty indifferent until I start watching their games when the combination of biased commentators, unlikeable players and a turgid style of play make me want them out ASAP.
England..... on 18:49 - May 14 with 2480 viewscurleigh

England..... on 18:27 - May 14 by Dr_Winston

Me too !!!
England..... on 18:52 - May 14 with 2464 viewsFlashberryjack

England..... on 18:38 - May 14 by treboethjack

Personally no, the thought of them gloating for the next 100 years puts me off the idea. Having said that they don't seem to be as bad as in previous years with the usual "we will win the world cup" etc.

I'm pretty much the same as you.......I kinda wish them well...but then I think of all the bulsh*t and hype the media will give if they do.

Thinking more about it.."....Nah! F*ck em.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

England..... on 18:54 - May 14 with 2443 viewsItchySphincter

I don't know why and I can't really explain it but I have little interest in international football. I suppose I would like England to go far but it's almost inevitable that they'll be found out and their predictable brand of plodding workmanlike football will not be enough to get them much past the quarters, if they're lucky enough to get that far.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

England..... on 18:55 - May 14 with 2447 viewsDrizzy

If they had just given ONE of our players - during our time in the Premier League - just a five minute substitute appearance in a meaningless friendly I'd probably root for them. We've had plenty of legitimate contenders for England squad places - Dyer, Graham, Routledge and Britton yet they haven't even been given a sniff. Not even come along as unused substitutes. It didn't really bother me though until I looked at some of the players they've called up over the last few years: Bothroyd, Frazier Campbell, Tom Cleverley, Matt Jarvis etc. Really? I mean that group of players and someone like Dyer, who's had periods of scintillating form, can't even get in the squad? You've got to be kidding me. I don't believe it's some kind of conspiracy, just a massive f*cking sense of complacency. They're rooted in their archaic methods.

They're boring as f*ck too. Absolutely dire to watch. Should be better this year with the influx of young players, but pales in comparison to the likes of Brazil and Spain. Oh and Wales will reach a major tournament, one way or another, in the not too distant future so don't give me that bullsh*t please.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 19:00]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

England..... on 18:58 - May 14 with 2435 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 18:26 - May 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I want them to win it.

Why does that not surprise me?
It's a no from me. Not because I "hate England" as many do, but just because there are many far better teams in the competition
England..... on 18:59 - May 14 with 2433 viewsshingle

I`m a Brit England are the only British team in the world cup, so i`d like to see them win it.
England..... on 19:02 - May 14 with 2409 viewsymaohyd

England..... on 18:47 - May 14 by JackFish

I'm usually pretty indifferent until I start watching their games when the combination of biased commentators, unlikeable players and a turgid style of play make me want them out ASAP.

I know what you mean. They do seem to have their fair share of dislikeable players. Not saying that because its England, if we (Wales) were full of players I perceived to be unlikeable I'd say so. Bellamy and Savage to name two.

Rooney, Ferdinand etc Seem really bog headed Bast*ards. My brother used to make a valid point that the continentals seem to take their international status far more seriously. You often see British players in stupid poses, remember Platt years ago with a pilots uniform on holding a Mars bar in the cockpit as the team plane was due to take off.

Having lived in Spain and Italy in the past you don't tend to see that nonsense in their papers.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

England..... on 19:10 - May 14 with 2385 viewslonglostjack

No I wouldn't - we'd never hear the end of it . It was bad enough when they won the rugby World Cup. No need to worry though,Jeremy Clarkson would probably stand a better chance of winning Mastermind.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

England..... on 19:11 - May 14 with 2381 viewsstevethejack

A.B.E.
England..... on 19:16 - May 14 with 2366 viewsexiledclaseboy

Someone will be along soon to point out that we should support England because they're our nearest neighbours.

Then someone else will come along wondering why the principle outlined above doesn't apply to Cardiff City.

Such as it ever was, every two years since time began.

Poll: Tory leader

England..... on 19:17 - May 14 with 2361 viewsJethroJack

If they play well and win games on merit.....then yes.

If they do what they usually do.....it's a resounding NO from me.

Allez le Cote d'Ivoire

And the same in Dutch for the Netherlands
England..... on 19:18 - May 14 with 2360 viewsPrivate_Partz

Oddly enough England winning the tournament could benefit us as the feel good factor would prevail with the inevitable increase in revenue in the Prem.
I would not mind them winning but I will be supporting any team that has one of our players in their squad.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

England..... on 19:19 - May 14 with 2348 viewsJackfath

England..... on 19:18 - May 14 by Private_Partz

Oddly enough England winning the tournament could benefit us as the feel good factor would prevail with the inevitable increase in revenue in the Prem.
I would not mind them winning but I will be supporting any team that has one of our players in their squad.

A very sensible post and one I find I agree with.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

England..... on 19:23 - May 14 with 2332 viewsC_jack

Between now and 2016 you're either going to get wild celebrations about winning the world cup this year, or 60 years ago, choose your poison.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024